• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.34
  • Days Won:  0

From Fox News,

President Obama vowed Monday to press ahead with new executive actions on gun control after meeting with top law enforcement officials, claiming he has the “legal authority” to act – and defying congressional critics who say he’s pursuing a “dangerous” overreach.

The president, without giving any specifics, said he’ll be “rolling out these initiatives” over the next several days. He spoke after meeting with Attorney General Loretta Lynch, FBI Director James Comey and other top officials to review their proposals and finalize his plans.

Obama said their recommendations are “well within my legal authority” and would be supported by “the overwhelming majority of the American people including gun owners.”

“The recommendations that are being made by my team here are ones that are entirely consistent with the Second Amendment,” Obama said, claiming they could “potentially save lives.”

The revived push to tighten America’s gun laws via executive action, however, has resulted in a backlash on Capitol Hill and the campaign trail.

Ahead of the meeting, Republicans made clear they would fight the administration and accused the president of overstepping.

"While we don’t yet know the details of the plan, the president is at minimum subverting the legislative branch, and potentially overturning its will,” House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said in a statement. “This is a dangerous level of executive overreach, and the country will not stand for it.”

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump vowed to reverse any such actions if he’s elected.

"We're not changing the Second Amendment," Trump said Saturday at a campaign rally in Biloxi, Miss. "I will veto that. I will un-sign that so fast."

While Obama did not detail the proposals, a priority is an effort to expand background checks on gun sales by forcing more sellers to register as federally licensed gun dealers. The changes would be aimed at some unregistered sellers who skirt the background check laws by selling at gun shows, online or informal settings. Other moves being considered include improving reporting of lost and stolen weapons and beefing up inspections of licensed dealers, according to a person familiar with the plans.

The package includes measures this White House has long considered but not completed, mindful of the legal fight sure to follow as well as the potential for political backlash for some fellow Democrats.

While Obama took heat from Republicans, supporters of stronger action on gun control applauded the president’s new push.

"We definitely think there are things he can do," said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, which advocates for expanding background checks. Gross says his recent conversations with White House aides have left him hopeful.

"It's very clear that the White House is feeling emboldened," he said.

Obama announced the meeting with Lynch in his weekly address from his Hawaii holiday vacation. On Thursday, he'll take his argument to prime time, participating in a town hall discussion of gun violence on CNN. He's slated to make his case for changes in his State of the Union address on Jan. 12.

The high-profile rollout reflects a White House continuing to look for ways to wrap up unfinished business, despite an uncooperative Congress.

After all but ignoring the issue in his first term, Obama changed course after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in December 2012. Nevertheless, the president failed to push a package of gun measures through Congress, including one expanding background checks.

At the same time, Obama took nearly two dozen executive actions to tighten gun laws, but left a major expansion of background checks out of the mix.

But after the shooting at a community college in Roseburg, Oregon in October, Obama ordered his staff to redouble the effort to look for ways to work around Congress.

Under current law, federally licensed firearms dealers are required to seek background checks on potential firearm purchasers. But advocacy groups say many sellers are currently exempt from having to register, increasing the chance of sales to customers prohibited by law from purchasing a gun.

The administration is expected to reclassify some of those dealers using a mix of criteria, such as the number and frequency of guns sold, whether sellers profit off sales, whether they advertise, rent space or tables at gun shows and pay taxes.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

"The high-profile rollout reflects a White House continuing to look for ways to wrap up unfinished business, despite an uncooperative Congress."

If one reading this article didn't know any better, they'd believe that Congress is required to answer to the President, this isn't the case.  Maybe the problem is an uncooperative President, that has circumvented Congress at every opportunity.

I am politically cynical, so I could see this as a way for Obama to help Clinton look more moderate if she opposes his executive orders during her campaign.  Afterall, the Presdent knows that in 12 days, he will have less than a year left for his administration and that his executive orders will be overturned before they have a chance to cause permanent changes to the country.

On the other hand, if Clinton supports his executive actions, she may be able to motivate her base enough to get her elected, but I doubt it, they have been pretty fat and happy for the last 8 years, getting everything they have ever dreamed of from this President, I don't see much of anything left for them to get excited about.

That's why the progressives are pushing social unrest, if they can't get their base motivated to vote, maybe they will at least get the angry mobs to interfere with the election and discourage conservatives, independents, libertarians from voting.  Gonna be a long Summer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

41 minutes ago, JustinM said:

That's why the progressives are pushing social unrest, if they can't get their base motivated to vote, maybe they will at least get the angry mobs to interfere with the election and discourage conservatives, independents, libertarians from voting.  Gonna be a long Summer.

that sure seems the way I see it too....        especially the long summer part.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Days Won:  14

do you think you are going to have any rights at all by the end of this year ? , this is the year that if anything is to be tightened up, its all going to get wrapped up before the changing of the guard, ,,,,,If it happens, ,,,,? ?  and if it does,  then it will already be too late to change anything that is being placed into action ,right now, that will control the people, if you get your weapons taken away you will not be able to fight back , and if they raise prices on food, and no one has jobs  ,and then add refugees and open borders ? then you will see that we will all need to be dependent on them, and you will not have the freedom to thrive on our own, this is just the a start of the system coming into play.

the system that Daniel has been saying for thousands of years. one piece at a time, in a slow fade ,until you are just a number, but that's just my opinion, I am a C.T kind of person,that's why ,I think this way, its a hobby of mine, can you say hunger games are coming ? or rise of the machines like terminator,? I think we have been shown, where we could be in the future, and what will be our challenges, so , lets start praying that we will escape the things to come, and be found able to endure until the end, for this is where we will need our strength and increase our faith ,and really believe, for the evil one is already coming our way,, and if Gods rapture doesn't come, as many are hope-ing for at least we can  prepared and be ready , so when are you going to get your selves ready , ? for what we can see outside of the bible ,today in this world we so called free, is not, and if you think it will get better or someone is going to be a better elective to get our country back in line ? then you are deceived to believe a lie, the apostacy is in motion, and we have already passed that ,

rome is speaking again, and remember you are the Christians ,remember your history , and look at our present state? do you see it now ?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.34

I believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture.  But I could be wrong.  We may have to go through some or all of the Tribulation to come.  If so, we must do that while holding on to our Christianity.  I will not turn away the hungry.  I will provide comfort to those in need, the best I can.  I will protect those that need protection, even if the cost is my life.  But I will show no mercy to anyone coming after my family, or those I've given shelter to.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture.  But I could be wrong.  We may have to go through some or all of the Tribulation to come.  If so, we must do that while holding on to our Christianity.  I will not turn away the hungry.  I will provide comfort to those in need, the best I can.  I will protect those that need protection, even if the cost is my life.  But I will show no mercy to anyone coming after my family, or those I've given shelter to.

I am just trying to get people to be ready and plan now, if any one wants to believe in the pre trib rapture, that's on them I don't , but as brothers and sisters in the lord we need to support and give truth , and right now ,if you are right and I am wrong or I am wrong and you are right, this should not  !! and does not, stop you from getting your business and families ready ,in case of a emergency , and or the lord delays, then you will have to face what is coming ,and this is what ,last daze ,and my self ,omegaman ,have been trying to say,

for  life insurance and car insurance is worthless if you get it , after you crash your car and die ,right ?

so why would anyone , be so stubborn to not put away or aside this belief they have, ? and try to be ready and incase be prepared, this is a warning to you all, do not think you will not suffer at all, only the foolish builds there house on sand , and then the water washes it away

this is out of Gods love and mercy to be ready , you have been warned , so now , !!! you that read this is , are with out excuse,

for God says , that my people perish, for their lack of wisdom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, JustinM said:

I dont think they will be discouraged from voting. Especially with mail in ballots etc. Conservatives independents etc are fed up. I think that sector will have a much higher turn out.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/15/1975

I tell ya, this is not a big deal.  
No matter what our founding fathers wrote, and what it is for, we as christians should not own guns.  
That is my observation of how the scriptures read.  
How can we protect the ones we love if we do not have weapons?  Easy.  We stop abiding by a man made article, and follow the article by YAH.  
We are NOT Americans.  
We have another country, and one that was not made by man.  
We should be seeking first the kingdom, and everything beyond that is just something extra.
We should not fight.  We should ALWAYS stand for what we believe, without violence.  If it means death, then it is death.  
Since we believe in the resurrection, we should not fear death.  
Lets not worry about what Ammon Bundy is doing.  LEt us not worry about what Obama is doing.  Let us seek first the kingdom, and we will be okay. 

40 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I am just trying to get people to be ready and plan now, if any one wants to believe in the pre trib rapture, that's on them I don't , but as brothers and sisters in the lord we need to support and give truth , and right now ,if you are right and I am wrong or I am wrong and you are right, this should not  !! and does not, stop you from getting your business and families ready ,in case of a emergency , and or the lord delays, then you will have to face what is coming ,and this is what ,last daze ,and my self ,omegaman ,have been trying to say,

for  life insurance and car insurance is worthless if you get it , after you crash your car and die ,right ?

so why would anyone , be so stubborn to not put away or aside this belief they have, ? and try to be ready and incase be prepared, this is a warning to you all, do not think you will not suffer at all, only the foolish builds there house on sand , and then the water washes it away

this is out of Gods love and mercy to be ready , you have been warned , so now , !!! you that read this is , are with out excuse,

for God says , that my people perish, for their lack of wisdom.

Preaching to the Choir.