• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, Malcolm55 said:

I don't need quotes from psalms/the bible. What makes them any more than empty promises if gd doesn't help us in times of need? Did he just abandon Rachel, or is there some explanation for her tragic untimely death? p.s. I don't think your link works...

I'm sorry about your loss.

First, Its God, not gd and second, God did not kill her. I wont give you quotes from psalms or the bible as per your request, what I can give you is sound advice.

For God to answer prayer it takes unwavering faith. Some people constantly maintain that they have all the faith in the world and that they do not waver and yet their prayers are not answered.  it is sometimes hard to get people not to blame God for their failure, and to take the blame themselves seriously enough to consider that they could be wavering. The first thing to do in such a case is for man to clear God of all the blame and take it himself. This will show a degree of honesty as well as intelligence on the part of man by first solving  the problem of where the failure really is. If God has said that He will hear without exception if unwavering faith is exercised, then the blame cannot be upon Him. We can get healed as easily as to be forgiven of sins. healing and forgiveness go hand in hand.. God does not want His children to be sick in body. God wants to heal our bodies, and He will if we ask in faith when we ask for forgiveness. Both Healing and forgiveness go together in the gospel. I will not quote the Scriptures as you have asked for this not to be done.

My wife's father had four heart attacks in a row within several days, doctors told us he would die any day now as three quarters of his heart muscle was dead from lack of blood. His heart muscles arteries were blocked. We prayed in tears asking God to heal him. He was 55 years old at the time. He is now 86 and every time he has a check up, his doctors tells him he has the heart of a 25 year old.! That's God answering His promises.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I remember a story by Corrie tenBoom.   She and most of her family were sent to Auschwich prison camp in Germany because they and helped to send Jews to safety, hiding them in their house.  They were older ladies in their 40s, and were made to do hard labor, were stripped and humiliated, and she wathced her sister being beaten by a guard.  They were covered with lice, had rats around them and people were very sick.  Sometimes they only had potato broth to eat.  But Jesus was with them through it all.  Near the time of liberation by allied forces, her sister was sent to the gas champer but she was recleased by a typographical error!.  Her sister was so perfect and full of love, so Corried asked why her many times.  

Perhaps her sister was more ready to be with Jesus;  I don't know.  But Corrie was sent all over the world all alone to speak to people imprisoned in pits and horrible conditions.  They listened because of what she had gone thru.  And many received Christ because of her testimony.  They were the most violent of criminals, but they received God's love and forgiveness.  

Maybe God has a great work for you to do as well.  Perhaps your cousin had fulfilled the plan God had for her.  

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD, NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast.  For we are His workmanship, CREATED in Christ Jesus FOR GOOD WORKs WHICH GOD PREPARED BEFOREHAND THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.  Eph 2:8-10

God will use everything for good in our lives if we let Him and trust Him.  Trials in life either make us better or bitter.  It is your choice.  Just remember that right now your anger and depression are normal.  Your are not going insane.  Just don't blame God for the diseases and death that entered the world through the sin of Adam and Eve.  God loves you so much He sent Jesus to die in your place, so that you and your cousin can be with Him in heaven.  When you and she receive Christ into your lives you have the hope of seeing her again someday in a place where there are no more tears or pain, or sorrow.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 13.1.2016 at 2:47 AM, Malcolm55 said:

I am very depressed. My cousin Rachel recently perished due to a severe case of acute leukemia. It was tragic indeed; nothing seemed to work. We prayed, we tried everything, but it only got worse. After a few years, Rachel died in her sleep. Rachel was one of the best people I knew. Rachel was generous to a fault, and god would have loved her. Why would He kill Rachel? Do prayers really work? I did a bit of reasearch... and unfortunately god doesn't even appear to be answering our calls to Him (based on a few google results). How do we even know He exists? If he does, why does He not answer our prayers? I've been a Christian all my life; I am shocked to learn of god's apparent apathy...

Dear Malcolm, 

In your research you've probably realized that you're not the only one who's wondering if God actually answers our prayers. Often this question comes up with the question: "Why is there evil, suffering or pain? Why do I have to suffer? Why does this person suffer? 

God gave me a free will, so I'm able to choose to live as far away from God as I want. To give you an extreme example: I could choose to kill the most godly human alive. My sin does not hurt me alone, but it can also hurt others or even God. Therefore nobody is protected from pain or suffering by living a godly life. 

Satan is specifically interested to tempt those who are close to God. His aim is always to convince you that God is unjust and that God has no power over this world. Also those, who stand somewhere in between trusting in God and doubting him, are an easy target for Satan. Therefore the bible actually says to not trust your heart, but trust God. This maybe tuff in your situation.

In James 1 Verses 2-3 we read: Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces standfastness.

Doubting the existence of God is a trial every Christian faces, often in the combination with unanswered prayers. Look forward that this trial may result in true faith and trust in God. There is no faith without doubt. What I mean is that your doubt is part of a process, part of you growing as a Christian and trusting God.

Back to prayers. While praying you should pay attention on who's will you are asking to happen. Is is your own heart's desires that you seek, which can be cruel, coruppted and evil. I already mentioned that you should never trust your heart. That's the first step to sin. A prayers first purpose should be regognizing God's will. Because His will alone is good and just. We as Christians should more concentrade on praying that God's will may be done.

I personally often wondered if there is a plan and purpose for me, for my life. I often doubted God's guidence and I often felt abandoned. I was praying to God that he may give my life a purpose while the purpose already existed. I was blind and not trusting God. If you give your life in God's hands and just stop following your own plans, you give Him the chance of interacting with your life. God first directed me to a wonderful woman who convinced me to search for a ministry in northern Italy. I never thought about moving to Italy before. I contacted one Church in Italy just to see what's gonna happen and they immediately replied that they're looking for someone who could help with their christian radio channel. (I didn't even know that they're running a radio channel when I contacted them) Sound engineering has been part of me for a long time and I never thought I could serve God with this talent. God did things that I haven't even prayed for, just by me trusting him. I've been struggeling five years with my life until everything rapidly changed.

My prayers are about thanking God for what He's done in my life and searching for His will. That does not mean that we should not ask God for help, healing, etc. But I should always keep in mind that I should search for his will and not mine.

Now to your Cousin Rachel: 

Revelations 21, 4: He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

Is that not what you'd wish to every person that is close to you.

Malcolm, you can use this situation to grow closer to God. He has a purpose for your life. Pray that his will only be done and trust in God alone. He will guide you and you will experience His influence in your life. Something that helped me a lot is reading reports from missionaries and other people who really decided to follow God and search for His will in their life. God is not answering all prayers, but those who trust in Him and surrender their life to Him will be blessed. Also read the Bible, because you'll find a lot of stunning promises that God has for us (like the one I just quoted from revelations). Search for God's blessings and you'll find them.

Best regards,

your brother in Christ

Edited by Sören Hoffmann