• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So you're judging me as not a good Christian.  If your opinion meant anything to me, I might be insulted.  As is ...

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.  [NIV, John 15:19]

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.  [NIV, Romans 12:2]

15 "I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. 16 "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.…  [NIV, John 15:15-17]

It’s not my place to judge you, brother. That’s Christ’s job. And with all of us being sinners we can count ourselves lucky that He was not sent to condemn the world but to save it. (John 3:17)

If you want to know what it means not to conform to the patterns of this world, you’ll just have to look at the very texts you quoted from. In short summary: The world pays back evil for evil. Instead we should try to abide in Christ’s love and conquer evil with good. And that includes extending hospitality to strangers and not cursing those who persecute us:

John 15:7-14:

“If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you can ask for anything you want, and you’ll receive it. This is how my Father is glorified, when you produce a lot of fruit and so prove to be my disciples. Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. So abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you’ll abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11 I’ve told you this, so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.

12 This is my commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 No one shows greater love than when he lays down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends, if you do what I command you.

Romans 12:9-17:

Your love must be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to each other with mutual affection. Excel at showing respect for each other. 11 Never be lazy in showing such devotion. Be on fire with the Spirit. Serve the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and persistent in prayer. 13 Supply the needs of the saints. Extend hospitality to strangers.

14 Bless those who persecute you. Keep on blessing them, and never curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who are rejoicing. Cry with those who are crying. 16 Live in harmony with each other. Do not be arrogant, but associate with humble people. Do not think that you are wiser than you really are.

17 Do not pay anyone back evil for evil, butfocus your thoughts on what is right in the sight of all people. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live in peace with all people. 19 Do not take revenge, dear friends, but leave room for God’swrath. For it is written, “Vengeance belongs to me. I will pay them back, declares the Lord.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him. For if he is thirsty, give him a drink. If you do this, you will pile burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.””

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

2 hours ago, junobet said:

It’s not my place to judge you, brother. That’s Christ’s job. And with all of us being sinners we can count ourselves lucky that He was not sent to condemn the world but to save it. (John 3:17)

If you want to know what it means not to conform to the patterns of this world, you’ll just have to look at the very texts you quoted from. In short summary: The world pays back evil for evil. Instead we should try to abide in Christ’s love and conquer evil with good. And that includes extending hospitality to strangers and not cursing those who persecute us:

“If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you can ask for anything you want, and you’ll receive it. This is how my Father is glorified, when you produce a lot of fruit and so prove to be my disciples. Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. So abide in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you’ll abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11 I’ve told you this, so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.

12 This is my commandment: that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 No one shows greater love than when he lays down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends, if you do what I command you.

Your love must be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to each other with mutual affection. Excel at showing respect for each other. 11 Never be lazy in showing such devotion. Be on fire with the Spirit. Serve the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in trouble, and persistent in prayer. 13 Supply the needs of the saints. Extend hospitality to strangers.

14 Bless those who persecute you. Keep on blessing them, and never curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who are rejoicing. Cry with those who are crying. 16 Live in harmony with each other. Do not be arrogant, but associate with humble people. Do not think that you are wiser than you really are.

17 Do not pay anyone back evil for evil, butfocus your thoughts on what is right in the sight of all people. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live in peace with all people. 19 Do not take revenge, dear friends, but leave room for God’swrath. For it is written, “Vengeance belongs to me. I will pay them back, declares the Lord.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him. For if he is thirsty, give him a drink. If you do this, you will pile burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.””

We hear the argument that there is a difference between suffering for your faith and violence done to one without actual reference to one's faith, and it seems to me that this is being used to justify a violent response if it is not clear the attack was directly due an individual's christian faith.

But the reality is, Islam equales the West with Christianity, so attacks on the West ARE religiously motivated attacks against Christianity. If these attacks then are acts of persecution, and how have we, as individual Christians, been told to respond to those who would harm us because of their hatred of the christian faith?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.00
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, junobet said:

It's not your place to judge me yet you insist on doing so.  Hypocrite, the name is Junobet!  You speak against God's Chosen people and the right to survive of both the Chosen People of God and the grafted in branch that is Christianity.  And you try to use scripture to justify your prejudice.  God save us from liberal hypocrits!!!

15 hours ago, Davida said:

You are in bad need of a history lesson., my child. These things you mention are two separate topics. But the Crusades were in response to Islamic Jihad that was taking place at the time. Even the term Holy War was learned from the Jihadists.  As for the problem being prejudices or over generalizing , that is a misnomer because you go to the source to find out what is causing this . The common thread in Islamic terror and violence being committed in the name of allah, to understand why,  you must go to the doctrine, learn about Sharia but I'm sure you won't bother anyway.

Hi there Davida,

to be honest I’m not quite sure whether I should still answer your posts. After all it is obvious that we are from different churches, so any conversation between us might be regarded as ecumenical. And you made it very clear to me that you don’t approve of ecumenism, so I would not want to compromise you.

Your stance seems to have mellowed though, if you are actually trying to find justifications for the Catholic Churches’ past crimes. Personally I’d find it hard to come up with any excuse for the Rhineland massacres and the slaughter of the entire population of Jerusalem, but suit yourself. You are a little late though, because – as I was pleased to see - the Catholic Church has already apologized for these atrocities. If you keep the ecumenical spirit up, maybe you’ll hear about these things in future: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologies_made_by_Pope_John_Paul_II

Repenting is an important thing for most Christian churches I know. We are asked to take care of the planks in our own eyes first. Is that not a teaching of your church?

Love – and yes, whatever our differences may be, I do love you, because you were made in God’s image just as I was - junobet

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

It's not your place to judge me yet you insist on doing so.  Hypocrite, the name is Junobet!  You speak against God's Chosen people and the right to survive of both the Chosen People of God and the grafted in branch that is Christianity.  And you try to use scripture to justify your prejudice.  God save us from liberal hypocrits!!!

I just pointed you to the fact that the Bible tells us not to pay evil with evil, but to conquer evil with good. If you feel judged by what the Bible says, that's your problem. But it won't be solved by shooting the messenger.

Love,

junobet

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

"Such praise of Hinduism by the leader of world Christendom seems inconceivable. Yet such tolerant acceptance of all religions is exactly what will be required to unite mankind under Antichrist. We cannot stop the ecumenical movement, but we must rescue as many individuals as possible before it is too late. "
http://www.reachingcatholics.org/ecumenism.html

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.00
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, junobet said:

I just pointed you to the fact that the Bible tells us not to pay evil with evil, but to conquer evil with good. If you feel judged by what the Bible says, that's your problem. But it won't be solved by shooting the messenger.

Love,

junobet

Whatever junobet.  Your opinions mean nothing to me.  I'm comforted knowing God will judge between me and thee.  Goodbye.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, junobet said:

Love,

junobet

Well now, that would depend on just what you conceive the problem to be.....