ayin jade

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

That((using a usually pagan name)) would be very offensive to many believers((all over the earth)) , just as trying to bring pork meals into Jerusalem would be very offensive to believers and orthodox Jews there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, hmbld said:

I simply think for clarity's sake we can not allow all things to be permissible.  Some may need the information explained, to avoid confusion.  Once you allow "any" word to be used in any way, then communication breaks down.

And I think that it is a very grave mistake to cater to Islam and give them preferential treatment and exclusive use of the use of the Arabic word for God., one which Christians used long before Islam even existed.

Why should anyone give them such a right and privilege?

You better stop letting Christians use the word "God" then because Mormons use the word "God."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Is a Christian using the word "God" meaning the same thing as a Mormon using the word "God" ?

No. Mormons believe that "heavenly father" aka their "God" was once a man who became God and fathered a bunch of spirit children who became people today. They also believe that mormons here will eventually become themselves heavenly fathers with a bunch of their spirit children. Their view of who God is, is false. 

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

No. Mormons believe that "heavenly father" aka their "God" was once a man who became God and fathered a bunch of spirit children who became people today. They also believe that mormons here will eventually become themselves heavenly fathers with a bunch of their spirit children. Their view of who God is, is false. 

Exactly, but we don't stop using the word "God" simply because Mormons use it and mean a different God than we do.

I don't think there is anything more I can say about this, and I don't think we should keep arguing about it. 

What bothers me isn't that there is disagreement, but there has been such animosity expressed towards brothers and sisters in Christ who use the word "Allah" to worship God.   This grieves me deeply.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

6 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

And I think that it is a very grave mistake to cater to Islam and give them preferential treatment and exclusive use of the use of the Arabic word for God., one which Christians used long before Islam even existed.

Why should anyone give them such a right and privilege?

You better stop letting Christians use the word "God" then because Mormons use the word "God."

I have no quarrel with you, and I admit it is probably from tv that I equate allah with muslims.  yet to try to take back that pronunciation seems to only add to confusion.  And most people I know equate mormon god with the one true God, as most do not research mormons much.  

2 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Exactly, but we don't stop using the word "God" simply because Mormons use it and mean a different God than we do.

But it is wrong to claim that allah of islam is the same as the God of the bible.

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I have no quarrel with you, and I admit it is probably from tv that I equate allah with muslims.  yet to try to take back that pronunciation seems to only add to confusion.  And most people I know equate mormon god with the one true God, as most do not research mormons much.  

But we aren't taking it back.   We never lost it.    There are over a million Christians who use the word Allah to worship God every day. :)

If we allow ourselves to have an aversion to the word "Allah" then we will look at our Arabic speaking Christian brother an sisters differently and satan would absolutely love that.

8 hours ago, junobet said:

Your last question is interesting, alas, I suspect you won’t like my answer much:

In the oldest texts of the OT we do indeed still find hints that the ancient Israelites weren’t always monotheist, but first believed their tribal God to be just one of many other tribal Gods in the Ugarit pantheon. They even thought their tribal God had a female companion called Asherah. The step towards monotheism was made at around the time of Babylonian exile. I sometimes fear not all of my fellow-Christians have quite made that step yet.

You didnt really answer my question. 

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

But it is wrong to claim that allah of islam is the same as the God of the bible.

What I remember in my research from years ago is that Islam was" birthed" out of Christianity, much like Mormonism was.   Where Mormons changed who God of the Christians is,   Islam didn't, but presents a very distorted view.