• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

You also did'nt answer my question of where was Christ for the three days His body was in the tomb?

•  1 Peter 3 18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 

4 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Where is my interpretation for the below verse?

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

If you need to ask that question, then that doesn't bode well for this conversation.   Either you're playing games with me, or you're oblivious to your own words.

By singling out this verse, you make it appear as though that was the only verse you provided and/or the only verse I would be addressing.

It wasn't.  

You also provided this:

• Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then [at death] shall the dust [flesh body] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [spiritual body] shall return [instantly] to God [Father] Who gave it."

The words you included in brackets, which I made "red" are interpretations of the words actually used.

I disagree with these interpretations.

Since you didn't give attributions for anything in that post,  I assume the added words [in red] were your own.

If they were not your own words, then you are not the author of those words and you plagiarized another's work and made it appear it was your own.    

So either you are the author of this book:

• Men's Traditions Revised

By Esther Spradling

where your  post is found, virtually VERBATIM, on pages 93 and 94. starting with:

• I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

all the way through to:

• This is written by Solomon to the flesh man that walks under the sun, and when the life of the flesh is over, it has no more knowledge or thought than a stick or rock. It is useless, but the soul that is within it is gone and with the Father.

https://books.google.com/books?id=vTCsyCnES6IC&pg=PA94&lpg=PA94&dq=%22Then+%5Bat+death%5D+shall+the+dust+%5Bflesh+body%5D+return+to+the+earth%22&source=bl&ots=DL9LUf0697&sig=KpGgSIxo42hxLOmOmbHejhbtMzE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjglsq5jePKAhUS4WMKHYLeCzcQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=%22Then%20%5Bat%20death%5D%20shall%20the%20dust%20%5Bflesh%20body%5D%20return%20to%20the%20earth%22&f=false

(I am going to hazard a guess that the slight discrepancies are due to a different version of the book used - the one above is the revised version.)

or you stole her material and presented it as your own.

Are you not the author of that book?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, other one said:

But after he has put everything under him , he will be subject to the Father.....   not equal with him.

other one

I agree with this.

1 Corinthians 15:28   And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Mark 12:36   For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

1 Corinthians 15:26   The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

So after the 1000 years, at the 2nd judgement when death and hell is thrown into the lake of fire, Christ is going to hand the kingdom back to the Father, and God will speak directly to us.  No need for a mediator, for all who have not been destroyed have already come to God through "his Word".  The Word of God will go back inside God.  His purpose fulfilled.  What we have left is just all the saints together, changed and perfected, now the heavens and the earth can be melted, for all are spirit, fully converted on the inside and out.  Flesh cannot take this kind of heat.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Im going to let Paul explain

First I'll just say your quote below is totally false

It seems you don't understand that we have two bodies

I Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, "How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?"

We are talking about the physical body and it's change. In other words, what happens to the flesh after death, and the soul after it has departed from the body?

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

There is a natural body, which is your flesh body, and there is also a spiritual or soul body. The two are different and when the natural body, or flesh body dies the spiritual body is "raised", or in the Greek text "egiro, awakened, become active from its death". You have two bodies, one natural body contains your spiritual body, and that spiritual body is awakened to a new life, when the flesh or natural body dies and releases your soul. Your spirit and your soul are together, for the spirit is your "self", "the intellect of your soul" which houses your spirit within you.

Your spirit never leaves your soul, even at the death of your flesh body. Satan does not have any power over your spiritual body, but only your flesh body. Man and Satan can tare this flesh body to peaces and cause you to do all sorts of things, but no-one can damage your soul, not man, not Satan nor the angels. God is the only one that can destroy the soul and that comes at the end of the Millennium age, following judgment. However through deception Satan can cause you to sin against God, and thus be in trouble before the Almighty God. But that is why we have repentance in the name of Jesus to become right-standing before the Father again.

It just can't be made any clearer than Paul has made it here. You have two bodies, the flesh and the spiritual bodies. When the flesh body dies, then the spiritual body is awakened and come alive within itself. It starts to live a life without the baggage of the flesh body confining it to the limits of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then [at death] shall the dust [flesh body] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [spiritual body] shall return [instantly] to God [Father] Who gave it."

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

This is written by Solomon to the flesh man that walks under the sun, and when the life of the flesh is over, it has no more knowledge or thought than a stick or rock. It is useless, but the soul that is within it is gone and with the Father.

Nothing else I can add,so believe what you will...............

Again semantics.  The spiritual and the physical.  Both of your arguments hold truth, however it really is timing that the whole truth is evident.

When we die, we depart the body of flesh (the corruptible) .  We are not promised the incorruptible body until our bodies are resurrected.  Just like Jesus was resurrected and became the Firstborn from the dead and He received this incorruptible body, so shall we follow suit at the resurrection.  Like Paul states in I Cor. 15:51 - "in the twinkling of the eye" we shall all be changed.....the dead WILL BE RAISED IMPERISHABLE."  The only promise is that when you physically die here on Earth, "absent from the body is present with the Lord. - 2Cor 5:8.  

When we physically die and go to be with the Lord, we don't lose who we are and we may hold some form of recognition.  I say this based loosely on some scriptures.  We see that during Jesus' transformation that Moses and Elijah appeared with Him and even spoke to Jesus about His departure.  When Peter, John and James awoke, they saw Jesus in his glory and Moses and Elijah who was with Him.  Moses and Elijah had not received their incorruptible bodies yet.  But there was some type of recognizable form, just not the promised resurrected, incorruptible body, like Jesus'.

We also see that in the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man, that in Hades, the Rich Man could see Abraham and Lazarus across the great chasm that separated them.  The Rich Man in Torments and Lazarus in Paradise.  The dead had recognizable form, but they were yet to be resurrected and given the incorruptible bodies.

Edited by Shar

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Since God is a spirit

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Then His Word is obviously spirit too

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Just because God made His word flesh

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Does not mean His former glory will not be returned

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

And since His glory was before the world was, before flesh, then He was Spirit, the Word of God, meaning his former glory returns to what He was before the world was ..

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

..  SPIRIT.

And just because God is Spirit does NOT mean God has no shape nor form .. for WE are made in HIS image .. 2 arms, 2 legs, one head .. and if we are made in His image, then SPIRIT indeed has form, shape & a BODY .. it is just a body made of SPIRIT .. and spirit can become flesh at will .. and back again .. flesh can not .. and Spirit is greater than flesh, to make Christ a flesh body is to DEMOTE HIM below the angels .. Christ is the Word of God, and if the Source of that Word is A SPIRIT, then obviously His Word is A SPIRIT too.

18 hours ago, other one said:

then you do not believe the Bible for it states that exactly......    you and your church need to read the Bible.

Jesus told everyone that while he was here that the Father was much greater than he.......    then when he was resurrected and ascended he told the apostles that all power and authority had been given him, and if that is so then he obviously did not have that prior to being given it.

I have to go meet some friends for dinner and i will post the scripture for it later unless you really want to learn and research it yourself.

Just do a word search for footstool and you should find it close to that statement in Paul's writings.

No it doesn't state that (that Jesus becomes inferior to God) exactly.

Jesus does not become God's footstool.

That you believe the words of the scripture state that Jesus is to be inferior to God the Father means you are not interpreting the scriptures correctly.

God cannot be inferior to God.

What you are saying is that Jesus has given up His Divinity and is no longer God.

For if He has not given up His Divinity, then He is still Co-Equal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Because He became man you are lowering Him to something less than True God from True God.  

The reality is you are simply misunderstanding what Paul said.

This is simply an example of doing EXACTLY what Peter warned against:

• 2 Peter 3 15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 

If Jesus is fully God as well as fully man, then He is STILL FULLY GOD and cannot be, in any way, less than, or inferior to, either of the other 2 Divine Persons of the Godhead.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 Cor 15:20-28 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the
firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man
came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so
in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order:
Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to
God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all
authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies
under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he
hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are
put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all
things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then
shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things
under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

After Jesus has taken all power from Satan, he will himself be subject to the Father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt 28:16-18

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshiped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
KJV

All power is given to him......     deduction is that the power was not his up until now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John 14:28

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
KJV

and I am not going to bother to look up the scripture where it says that all manor of blasphemy against the son or the Father are forgivable, but against the Holy Spirit is not....   not in this world or the one to come....

Definitely not Equal.

I'm going to start a break for a while to sooth my tired stressed out mind, so basically anything but the "Is it Just Me" thread will be mostly on Ignore.....    you all are driving me nuts.

10 minutes ago, other one said:

1 Cor 15:20-28 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the
firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man
came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so
in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order:
Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to
God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all
authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies
under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he
hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are
put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all
things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then
shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things
under him, that God may be all in all.
KJV

After Jesus has taken all power from Satan, he will himself be subject to the Father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt 28:16-18

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshiped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
KJV

All power is given to him......     deduction is that the power was not his up until now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John 14:28

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
KJV

Again, you are simply forcing an interpretation of your pov onto scriptures and making them say things they don't actually say.

This is wresting the scriptures other one.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not about equality. 

If it is, then God the Father is beneath God the Holy Spirit.

I don't think so. ;)