Daffodilly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What is heaven? What happens there? How do you know if you will go there? I think of peace. Being with family. Idk what else. Heaven is forever right? That's a really long time to sit on clouds and play a harp... There's got to be more to it but I don't understand. I just don't know and don't know who to ask. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

We see through a glass darkly, but then we will know as we are known.

We haven't been given very much about what it will be like in heaven, but if Revelation is any indication, it will be quite busy and active.  We won't be just "sitting on clouds."   :)    We will be adoring and worshiping God - something we have a hard time imagining how this alone could consume all our attention and energy and give us infinite joy.   

What I know is that no matter how I try to conceive of this in my mind, it is something the natural mind cannot grasp for God has ordained our walk in this life to be one of faith, and faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  If we were to see it all now, then our belief would no longer be by faith. 

Heaven is where God is, where we may behold His Face without hindrance, where nothing unclean comes, where there is no pain, no suffering; where God is ALL in ALL.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Daffodilly said:

What is heaven? What happens there? How do you know if you will go there? I think of peace. Being with family. Idk what else. Heaven is forever right? That's a really long time to sit on clouds and play a harp... There's got to be more to it but I don't understand. I just don't know and don't know who to ask. 

Hi there,

if being in heaven means being with God, heaven is outside of time and space. So I'm sure you won't get bored with heavenly bliss, even without clouds and harps. ;)

Love,

junobet

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,257
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

I am sure God is not bored

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Truthfully I never believed the cloud and harp thing either, but that's what you typically see in visual depictions. Never knew where that came from.

I was recently asked about heaven, and when I actually began to think about it I realized that I actually knew very little about it. There'll be no tears, no pain or sorrow. Praise to God, etc. But then.... I really didn't know. Will we even know our family members and friends? We talk about peace, but how can there be peace if I know my child is missing? Do you think our memories will die with our bodies? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/8/2016 at 0:16 PM, Daffodilly said:

On 2/8/2016 at 0:16 PM, Daffodilly said:

Go to the book of Revelation in chapters 21 and    22.  It talks about Heaven what it looks like. things like that.  Know that it is where God is.  A place where you will meet Jesus face to face.  It is joy, total peace, I believe music, family that were saved and have gone home.  It will not be boring, or harps, or clouds.  We will see the Throne of God and there will be no night, only day because God Himself is the light.  

The first thing that has to happen is that you are a born again Christian.  That you know Jesus as the Lord and Savior of your life.  Jesus said " I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me"  You must have a personal relationship with Christ.  It's just going to be wonderful because Jesus will be the center of it all. Sitting on clouds and playing harps is the "world" view of Heaven.  We cannot even begin to understand the glory of Heaven until we see it for ourselves. We will not have tears.  Your child will not be missing in Heaven.  No bad memories in Heaven.

We will have brand new bodies.  Ones that don't  break down and get sick.  We will know each other, we will rejoice with each other.  We will walk and talk not only with Jesus but the saints of old.  Moses, Paul, Peter, champions of the faith.

There are a lot of people I"m looking forward to meeting.  Jesus of course, but I have always wanted to meet the Centurion   that was in charge of the Crucifixion. When Jesus died he realized who Jesus was and he said, "truly this is the Son of God.  I want to know what changed his heart.  I want to talk with Noah, Paul, Peter, David, I know I"m going to be enthralled with everything.  

I do pray you know Jesus as your Savior.  There is no other way to get to Heaven other then knowing Jesus personally. 

Blessings,,,,,,,,,,,, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

We see through a glass darkly, but then we will know as we are known.

We haven't been given very much about what it will be like in heaven, but if Revelation is any indication, it will be quite busy and active.  We won't be just "sitting on clouds."   :)    We will be adoring and worshiping God - something we have a hard time imagining how this alone could consume all our attention and energy and give us infinite joy.   

What I know is that no matter how I try to conceive of this in my mind, it is something the natural mind cannot grasp for God has ordained our walk in this life to be one of faith, and faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  If we were to see it all now, then our belief would no longer be by faith. 

Heaven is where God is, where we may behold His Face without hindrance, where nothing unclean comes, where there is no pain, no suffering; where God is ALL in ALL.

Amen to all of the above.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

9 hours ago, Daffodilly said:

That's a really long time to sit on clouds and play a harp... 

That's the general misconception. Heaven is a very busy place, and the business of Heaven is primarily worship. At the same time, all the saints will be kept very busy in eternity serving God throughout the universe. We have been given small glimpses of Heaven, because in our earthly and mortal state, we could not possibly understand heavenly things.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I would strongly ask only one question and that's if your going their. Jesus is Jacobs Ladder so make sure your saved. GOD will answer all the other questions. Salvation should be your priority. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

23 hours ago, Daffodilly said:

What is heaven?

:emot-heartbeat:

Heaven Is The

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after;
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the LORD,
and to inquire in his temple.
Psalms 27:4

Answer To

And there shall be no more curse:
but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it;
and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face;
and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Revelation 22:3-4

Prayer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks,
so panteth my soul after thee,
O God.
Psalms 42:1

Love, Your Brother Joe