LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Incidentally you are now ranting about others rants. So, what am I supposed to do, take your advice and ignore your rant?

Well that is up to you. You can accept my rant or ignore it. I have nothing against rants in general. I think your missing my point. My complaint isn't about rants. It is more about what is being ranted.

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92

4 hours ago, Butero said:

You must have discernment to understand what is wrong with Lady Kay's comments.  This is anger.  She is upset because people make her feel bad about things she does, and she does a lot of things other Christians feel are wrong.  Here is how I deal with criticisms of things I am doing.  I don't get mad about them.  I just listen to them, and consider why the person thinks they are wrong.  I look into them for myself, and then I either accept what they said and accept I need to change, I am not sure about whether what they said is right, so I remain open to it, or I utterly reject it as false.  I don't feel the need to get mad at the messenger.  Why get mad because someone cares enough about your soul to try to warn you away from something they believe is sin? 

We have had people here at WB come against eating foods that were unclean in the law of Moses.  I eat many foods that would fall into that category.  Do I get mad?  No.  They are sharing what they believe is truth to try to save me from danger.  The same thing applies to celebrating Christmas, working on Saturday, watching tv, listening to secular music, anything.  So what if someone thinks you are doing something wrong?  I can tell by reading Lady Kay's comments she is so hard, she doesn't even consider she could be wrong.  That is foolish.  Someone thinks she is in idolatry playing D & D.  So what?  They believe that is so, and they are giving a warning.  She doesn't have to accept the warning.  She can reject it, but it would be wise to at least take a deep breath and consider it before rejecting it out of hand.  I have never played D & D, so I admit I don't know enough about it to say it is sinful across the board to play it.  It may not be doing Lady Kay any harm whatsoever, but I do know it has harmed some.  Of course, I also recognize some people are mentally unbalanced, and that is a contributing factor.  Still, what is so wrong about considering you could be wrong? 

Who is to say that "legalism drives away more Christians than movies or books?"  I don't know if that is true or not, because I don't know how movies or books are effecting people.  I will give you my opinion on this, but that is all it is.  I don't think Lady Kay is in idolatry because she plays D & D and reads Harry Potter books.  I doubt they are even harming her.  What I would be more concerned about is her being so quick to get angry and being so close minded to anyone that thinks she is doing something wrong.  If she or anyone else knows these things are so pure, why get uptight because others think they are evil?  Just accept it, because nothing she said will make anyone view her as being anymore right. 

@LadyKay, I know I am speaking of you while talking to MG.  I am not trying to disrespect you in doing so.  I just happened to see her comments and figured I would address all of this in one reply.  Do you ever think you do anything wrong?  Do you have all knowledge?  Do you think that if another member at WB thinks you are in idolatry, they must be wrong because you feel ok?  That is how it comes across.  On many of these issues, I fully recognize I could be wrong.  Another believer may have been shown by God that something is evil, and I haven't come to that realization of yet.  That doesn't make me right.  It only means I haven't been convicted yet.  You may be wrong on a lot of those things you are upset about.  I am not saying you are, but you well could be, and God may be using other believers to speak to you, but like the religious crowd in Acts, you may be stopping up your ears as they did at the preaching of Stephen.  I admit I watch tv, and I like horror films.  I listen to secular music.  Do I get angry at those who think those things are wrong?  Absolutely not.  I am willing to hear them out.  There is wisdom in the multitude of counselors.  You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss everyone.  Of course, you are free to ignore my advise completely and get angry at me if you choose.  It is all up to you, but on the D & D and Harry Potter issue, I admit I don't know enough about either of them to say I believe conclusively you are sinning to engage in either, but to claim D & D is not dangerous in absolute terms is not true, at least for some impressionable teens.  Watching "Bewitched" could be bad to someone if it turns them to dabble in witchcraft.  That is my rant, for what it is worth. 

I'm not mad. The ideal for this post pop into my head because of some things that were said to me from another post by some people. I am not mad at these people for saying what they said. But I truly felt that this was a topic in need of addressing. I really feel that as Christians we spend too much time "telling" people what they shouldn't be doing. Instead of telling them about the love of Christ. Or better yet, showing them the love of Christ. This is not a topic sprung out of anger as you say. But out of my honesty and desire to help fellow believers. I felt something was being addressed in the wrong way and I felt strongly to point that out. That is not anger. If I had gotten truly angry and mad about what was said to me, I would have just said boo on all of you and walked away.  So no, this was not about me being mad. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

look in ((read OFTEN)) the epistles in the BIBLE.   In the assembly of believers immersed in Yeshua, there's A LOT of telling people what to do and what not to do. 

IF there's no assembly of believers immersed in Yeshua near or far from you that you can be in, pray a lot that that changes.((IF you want to be in the body of Christ)).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Who is our first love as Christians? Is it the Lord Jesus Christ who saved us?
If we do love God first and foremost, it is only through His love working in us that we can even bother loving others!

Mar 12:30-31
(30)  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
(31)  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Do we look to pick up our cross daily, looking to see that old man/woman as symbolically dead on the cross with the Lord Jesus Christ who took our sins?

Luk 9:23-24
(23)  And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
(24)  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

And are we sincere in desiring to know Him, and taking the time to find our who He is, and who He desires us to be, starting with the milk of His Word that we might begin to grow?

1Pe 2:1-3
(1)  Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
(2)  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
(3)  If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

As we grow, are we willing to press on past the milk of His Word, in order that we might grow and help others to do the same?
For some this can be uncomfortable, but the Lord does not consider "ignorance is bliss" as a good thing. In fact what you don't know can hurt you.
There is nothing the matter with being a babe in Christ, but just as real babies grow, we as Christians are expected to spiritually grow!

Heb 5:12-14
(12)  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
(13)  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
(14)  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

2Ti 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Let this sword of Truth discern the thoughts and intents of our hearts. Let it be our guideline.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What does our Lord find when we petition Him to examine us as Believers?
Do we pull left when He is pulling right on the reins?

Psa 26:2  Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well that is up to you. You can accept my rant or ignore it. I have nothing against rants in general. I think your missing my point. My complaint isn't about rants. It is more about what is being ranted.

Not every one is as strong as you are, perhaps the Lord have seen how strong you are and he has given you a ministry amongs those people who are passionate with things of this kind and at the same time they have faith in Jesus Christ, 

This is a beatiful picture, Jesus looking at you having fellowship with those, others avoid, and while playing a game with them, you may build their confidence, that yes Jesus accepts their faith and he is happy that they believe, and he wants them to keep their faith, in any situation they are.  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33

14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I really feel that as Christians we spend too much time "telling" people what they shouldn't be doing. Instead of telling them about the love of Christ. 

If you look at the New Testament objectively, it is indeed telling Christians what they should not be doing probably as much as what they should be doing. The fact is that all believers are sinners saved by grace who need to stop doing a lot of things that they were doing while they were not saved. There must always be a proper balance between grace and truth, and Christians should be hearing either from the pulpit or from other believers what they should not be doing.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

If you look at the New Testament objectively, it is indeed telling Christians what they should not be doing probably as much as what they should be doing. The fact is that all believers are sinners saved by grace who need to stop doing a lot of things that they were doing while they were not saved. There must always be a proper balance between grace and truth, and Christians should be hearing either from the pulpit or from other believers what they should not be doing.

It is noble for believers, to have a code of conduct, and most important when they belong to a certain group to abide by their group's consience, and as being representatives of their group values, they have accepted their group's blessing, and at the same time their own group's rebuke and their group's code of conduct and criticism. 

There is a lot of guidance from the Apostols, and this guidance is directed to the Christian Synagouges.

And that's how Paul look at it, and you don't have to agree with it.

And because I take this stand and I take the risk of being judge as a sinner, by insuniassions of people who don't know me, that does not make me a sinner, but in their thoughts and Their conversations I may be. 

Paul rebuke the Christian Synagogs who judge believers outside their group consience, and by their own standards by saying that their faith in Jesus Christ is not going to save them from Hell, because this blessing to go to heaven is reserved only for their own group, to beleivers who are repented from everything they have repented them selfs.

They are actually preaching a Gospel that's says; "don't bother to beleive in Jesus Christ unless you demonstrate with your lifestyle the purity of Christian life. 

The result of this Gospel may scare some people and they may turn away from their past way of living, to alleviate their fear of going to Hell.

But at the same time it leads many believer in Jesus Christ who are given to the Love and lust of this world, and are afflicted, to turn away and denied their faith in Jesus Christ, because Jesus can not save them from Hell. That Jesus does not want them, and they are not worthy for heaven, but only for Hell.

16 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not mad. The ideal for this post pop into my head because of some things that were said to me from another post by some people. I am not mad at these people for saying what they said. But I truly felt that this was a topic in need of addressing. I really feel that as Christians we spend too much time "telling" people what they shouldn't be doing. Instead of telling them about the love of Christ. Or better yet, showing them the love of Christ. This is not a topic sprung out of anger as you say. But out of my honesty and desire to help fellow believers. I felt something was being addressed in the wrong way and I felt strongly to point that out. That is not anger. If I had gotten truly angry and mad about what was said to me, I would have just said boo on all of you and walked away.  So no, this was not about me being mad. 

If I misjudged your purpose for this thread, I apologize.  I completely agree with you about people that come into your home and criticize.  I know of a person that thinks eating pork is sinful, and they happened to run into a relative in the grocery store picking up bacon and let them have it right there in the store.  That is completely uncalled for and rude.  It is none of their business. 

As to what was taking place here at WB, I can understand you getting a bit frustrated by questions over whether you are saved because you say you play D & D.  I know you have stated repeatedly you are a Christian, so why would that answer change now?  Still, many Christian churches preach hard against D & D, so why be surprised when people that attend these churches are shocked a professing Christian plays it?  How is that possible?  Don't you know it is demonic?  That is what they are thinking, so they are questioning you.  I have concerns over the game because of stories I have heard, but I have never played it, so I am not so quick to attack it.  I just know that it has had an adverse effect on some young people, but in fairness, I think they must have been somewhat unstable to be effected to the point of suicide over a fictitious character being killed. 

Look at it like this.  I don't know what kind of church you belong to or have been part of, but imagine getting saved in a strict Independent Baptist or Holiness Church.  This church comes against rock music to the point of doing whole messages showing examples of bad lyrics, bad conduct on the part of musicians, and backward masking.  This same church attacks television, movies and anything with ties to the occult.  That is exactly the kind of churches many of us either used to be part of or still are.  How would you expect anyone to react to what you said if they are part of that kind of church?   I would imagine that your influences were from churches that are attacking "legalism" all the time and preaching grace all the time.  I have been at WB for over a decade and here is something I can say is true.  Legalism at WB is coming against something that the person leveling the charge is likely doing.  The very same people will come against something else that could just as easily be called legalism to another person here.  In another thread, Catsmeow is bothered by teens being caught up in occult games, of which D & D is one, but thinks use of profanity should not even be discouraged.  That makes no sense to me, but it shows how one person's legalism is a serious sin issue to another person.  That is just the way it is.  If you felt the need to start this thread to address it, I can respect that, but don't expect anything will change. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37

14 minutes ago, Butero said:

I know of a person that thinks eating pork is sinful, and they happened to run into a relative in the grocery store picking up bacon and let them have it right there in the store.  That is completely uncalled for and rude.  It is none of their business. 

Did you read ACTS recently ? ((there's more, but that's a start))

When one follower of Jesus saw another follower of Jesus being a hypocrite, what did he do ?

hint:  it was right out loud, in front of everybody.  in line with many other Scriptures.

And with good results, as expected, or hoped for, I think.

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Did you read ACTS recently ? ((there's more, but that's a start))

When one follower of Jesus saw another follower of Jesus being a hypocrite, what did he do ?

hint:  it was right out loud, in front of everybody.  in line with many other Scriptures.

And with good results, as expected, or hoped for, I think.

Buying bacon would only make a person a hypocrite if that person had been preaching bacon was sinful but was eating it.  The person was just minding their own business grocery shopping, and never saw bacon as sinful.  This person still doesn't see it that way.  If someone came up to me in the store and told me I was wrong to buy bacon and started preaching at me, I would tell them to their face that if they feel it is sinful, don't eat it, but I don't so they need to mind their own business.  I just read Acts for at least the 20th time a couple of weeks ago, and didn't see anything remotely resembling this situation. 

If this person had asked if they thought bacon was sinful, then they should expect an honest response.  That was not the case here.