• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Ok I have moved on from my old job. My old boss abused me and was a bully so I was forced to leave. Now she has found me on fb and wants to add me on her friends list. I feel like if I don't add her then maybe I'm not forgiving her on the other hand I don't want my past to haunt me or repeat itself. What do you guys think.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Don't .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

Ok I have moved on from my old job. My old boss abused me and was a bully so I was forced to leave. Now she has found me on fb and wants to add me on her friends list. I feel like if I don't add her then maybe I'm not forgiving her on the other hand I don't want my past to haunt me or repeat itself. What do you guys think.

You are not a doormat and God does not want you to be a doormat. Ask God to help you to forgive this woman and leave it at that. You do not have to associate with this woman ever again. And God does not ask you to. But He does ask you to forgive.

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

God asks us to forgive our offenders, but He never told us to keep trusting them or continue to associate with them.  We never have to keep ourselves open to any type of abuse or lack of respect.  We are all entitled to healthy boundaries.  

Praying for a happy, and peaceful outcome for you, Tigger.  

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Don't. No sense having a bully on your list. Doesn't mean you haven't forgiven it just means your smart enough to not put up with any more of her garbage.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Simple.  Don't add her as a friend and forgive her , then move on.

5 hours ago, tigger398 said:

If this person abused and bullied you, why would they want to be your friend at fb?  That almost makes me think that they didn't look at what they were doing as abusive behavior.  Sometimes people don't realize what they are doing is causing another person pain.  If you know for a fact this person was intentionally being abusive, I would advise you to refuse their friendship request.  If you think they could really like you in spite of how they came across to you when you worked with them, you can potentially ok the request.  If they do anything abusive, you can unfriend them.  You can also ok the friendship request, but uncheck the "following" box.  That way, you don't see their activity on your page. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Tigger, I suggest you ignore the request.  If she is that abusive toward you, forgive her and keep on going.  Facebook is rife with bullying and stalking.  Protect yourself.  Remember she would also be able to keep up with everything you post.  Not a good idea.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

6 hours ago, tigger398 said:

To forgive does not mean to open your life to someone.

We are to be wise as serpents, but gentle as doves.

Wisdom dictates you do not open this door.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Butero said:

If this person abused and bullied you, why would they want to be your friend at fb?  That almost makes me think that they didn't look at what they were doing as abusive behavior.  Sometimes people don't realize what they are doing is causing another person pain.  If you know for a fact this person was intentionally being abusive, I would advise you to refuse their friendship request.  If you think they could really like you in spite of how they came across to you when you worked with them, you can potentially ok the request.  If they do anything abusive, you can unfriend them.  You can also ok the friendship request, but uncheck the "following" box.  That way, you don't see their activity on your page. 

Even if its a case where they don't realize it, I still wouldn't advise Tigger adding her, all it will do is add stress as this person is likely to continue in her behavior. Unless the two have sat down, face to face and had a heart to heart discussion resolving the issues there would be no friendship on fb or anywhere else, just stress.