• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

Tom H. C. Anderson's study conclusions that the Bible is more violent than the Quran is not true, because the different study proves that the Quran is a more violent book than the Bible.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/biblequranviolence.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Hmmm. One study vs another study. Hate to point out the obvious, but whether one study proves the other wrong is is dependent on how much credibility is given to the study. Someone who is pro Islam would say the new study is false.

Just saying.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, PetriFB said:

Tom H. C. Anderson's study conclusions that the Bible is more violent than the Quran is not true, because the different study proves that the Quran is a more violent book than the Bible.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/biblequranviolence.html

I'm not sure whether linking videos is only allowed in the Video-section. So I'll just recommend you go to you-tube and type in the search "The Holy Quran Experiment". They've got the original Dutch and an American one. Both give a good lesson about violence in the Quran and the Bible - and make people laugh, about their own prejudices.

I'm a devout Christian, but I'm honest enough to admit that in comparison to the genocides and war-crimes  described in the Bible the Quran comes across as the first edition of the Geneva Conventions.

Love,

junobet

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

simple history tells a different story.

edited to add that I do not consider the actions of the Catholic Church Biblical considering the days of the inquisition.  

Edited by other one

3 hours ago, other one said:

simple history tells a different story.

edited to add that I do not consider the actions of the Catholic Church Biblical considering the days of the inquisition.  

It’s very convenient to turn a blind eye to the past crimes of one’s own religion. Whether it is spiritually wholesome for a Christian to do so, even though Christianity calls for repentance, is more than dubious though.

The Inquisitors surely thought the Bible justified their heinous acts. See for example Ex. 22:18 or Lev 24:14. And when the crusaders slaughtered the entire population of Jerusalem, women and children included, they did not act much different from how the Israelites were (supposedly) told to act in verses such as  1 Samuel 15:3:Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.”

That the civilian population tended to fare better when conquered by Muslims is probably because the Quran teaches restraint: http://www.middleeasteye.net/essays/islamic-law-and-rules-war-1006257473

Which is why most of the Muslim world is absolutely horrified and disgusted by what ISIS is doing at the moment.

Not even going to comment on that.....    Don't want to badmouth the Catholic Religion, and hate to comment on your rationality.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  150

I'm not even sure if it even matters or what the point is really, the amount of violence implied or otherwise has no bearing on whether something is true or not.

If the Quran were fill of rose petals and nice stories wouldn't make it true, just nice.

Edited by AnythingIsPossible
added a sub-comment

13 hours ago, other one said:

Not even going to comment on that.....    Don't want to badmouth the Catholic Religion, and hate to comment on your rationality.

You just did comment on that. ;)

The cynical side of my rationality tells me that this is a rather double-tongued attempt to deflect blame. Back in the days all of Western Christianity was Catholic. The crusades and inquisition are our shared history. And after the Reformation Protestants also burned witches and heretics using the very same Biblical ‘justifications’ for such violence as Catholics did. Whitewashing our history is not a Christian virtue, repentance is.

As for the Bible: whenever I see Christians cherrypicking the nastiest bits of the Quran to smear Islam as violent, the Bible verse that springs to my mind is Matthew 7:3: "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”

Love,

junobet

Edited by junobet

13 hours ago, AnythingIsPossible said:

I'm not even sure if it even matters or what the point is really, the amount of violence implied or otherwise has no bearing on whether something is true or not.

Because I don't consider the Catholic Church a Christian organization,

And I've been studying Islam since 9/11 and watching present history being made and looking throughout the past 1400 years and I can safely say that it is my opinion that you are either very uninformed or just don't have a grasp on reality.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  150

9 hours ago, other one said:

Because I don't consider the Catholic Church a Christian organization,

And I've been studying Islam since 9/11 and watching present history being made and looking throughout the past 1400 years and I can safely say that it is my opinion that you are either very uninformed or just don't have a grasp on reality.  

Your comment seems entirely unrelated to my post, and how does it relate to anyone's grasp of reality.. in your opinion of course ?