IGNORED

If satan knows the end. Why don't he stop it.

tigger398

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, bfloydo said:

Ask Jesus why he called Peter, Satan..... Perhaps for a short time Peters body became Satan's host and tried to persuade Jesus to turn from God's Will. Judge for yourself as to why ....

do you know what the word means?

The word  "satan" means

• adversary (one who opposes another in purpose or act), the name given to

Jesus was not saying the devil had taken up residency in Peter.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

18 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

do you know what the word means?

The word  "satan" means

• adversary (one who opposes another in purpose or act), the name given to

Jesus was not saying the devil had taken up residency in Peter.

I'll look up to you(seems to be what you truly want) as you speak down to me and say "yes mam I know what Satan means". He is the one who is the adversary of God, seeking to get us to oppose God's will.  Be so kind as to tell me what was Jesus saying to Peter, since you seem to claim knowledge of the answer  TYVM.  God Bless

8 minutes ago, bfloydo said:

I'll look up to you(seems to be what you truly want) as you speak down to me and say "yes mam I know what Satan means". He is the one who is the adversary of God, seeking to get us to oppose God's will.  Be so kind as to tell me what was Jesus saying to Peter, since you seem to claim knowledge of the answer  TYVM.  God Bless

Then there is nothing here that mandates the devil actually possessed Peter.  I'm not asking you to look up to me.  I am asking you to reconsider what you've said.

• Pulpit Commentary

Verse 23. - He turned. Peter and the rest were following Christ, as he walked onward. Now Jesus stops, turns, and faces them. Get thee behind me, Satan. Jesus uses nearly the same words in rebuking Peter that he had used to the devil in his temptation (Matthew 4:10); and justly, because the apostle was acting the adversary's part, by opposing the Divine economy, and endeavouring to persuade Jesus that the way he proposed was wholly unnecessary. The lively stone has became a very Satan in opposing the Divine will; hence the sharpness of the rebuke administered to him. An offence unto me (σκάνδαλον ἐμοῦ);

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

But he turned,.... Either to Peter, changing his countenance, and looking sternly upon him, or rather to the disciples; for Mark says, "when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter": Peter had took him aside, and was arguing the case privately with him; but what he said was so offensive to him, that he chose to reprove him publicly before the disciples; and therefore turned himself from him to them, in a way of resentment, 

and said unto Peter; in their hearing, and before them all, 

get thee behind me, Satan. The Persic version renders it, O infidel! as he was at present, with respect to the sufferings, death, and resurrection of Christ: some take the word Satan, to be a general name for an adversary, or enemy, as it is used in 2 Samuel 19:22 and think that Christ calls Peter by this name, because he was against him, and opposed him in this point; which sense abates the harshness of this expression. But it seems rather to mean the devil, who took the advantage of Peter's weakness and ignorance; and put him upon dissuading Christ from suffering, for the salvation of his people: though it should be known, that the word Satan, is used by the, Jews (w), to signify the vitiosity and corruption of nature; of which they say, , this is Satan; so the messenger, or angel Satan, 2 Corinthians 12:7 may be thought to be the same;

(23) He turned, and said to Peter.—St. Mark adds, significantly, “when He had turned about and looked on His disciples.” They, we may believe, stood behind, watching the effect of the remonstrance which Peter had uttered as their spokesman, and therefore, the Lord reading their thoughts, the rebuke, though addressed to him, was spoken so that they too might hear.

Get thee behind me, Satan.—The sharpness of the words indicates a strong and intense emotion. The chief of the Apostles was addressed in the self-same terms as those which had been spoken to the Tempter (see Note on Matthew 4:10). It was, indeed, nothing less than a renewal of the same temptation. In this suggestion, that He might gain the crown without the cross, and attain a kingdom of this world as the princes of the world obtain their kingdoms, the Christ saw the recurrence of the temptation which had offered Him the glory of those kingdoms on condition of His drawing back from the path which the Father had appointed for Him, with the associations that had gathered round its original.

Matthew 16:23. But he turned and said unto Peter — Mark reads, When he had turned about and looked on his disciples, (who by the air of their countenances, probably, seemed to approve what they had heard Peter say to him,) he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan — That is, out of my sight. “He looked at him,” says Baxter, “with displeasure, and said, I say to thee as I did to the devil when he tempted me, Get thee behind me, for thou doest the work of Satan, the adversary, in tempting me, for self-preservation, to violate my Father’s command, and my undertaking, and to forsake the work of man’s redemption and salvation. As thy counsel savoureth not the things that be of God, (namely, his will, work, and glory,) but the things that be of men, (or the love of the body and this present life,) so it signifies what is in thy heart; take heed lest this carnality prevail.” Our Lord is not recorded to have given so sharp a reproof to any other of his apostles, on any occasion. He saw it was needful for the pride of Peter’s heart, puffed up with the commendation lately given him. Perhaps the term Satan may not barely mean, Thou art my enemy, while thou fanciest thyself most my friend; but also, Thou art acting the very part of Satan, both by endeavouring to hinder the redemption of mankind, and by giving me the most deadly advice that can ever spring from the pit of hell. 

Get thee behind me, Satan - The word "Satan" literally means "an adversary," or one who opposes us in the accomplishment of our designs.

It is applied to the devil commonly, as the opposer or adversary of man; but there is no evidence that the Lord Jesus meant to apply this term to Peter, as signifying that he was Satan or the devil, or that he used the term in anger. He may have used it in the general sense which the word bore as an adversary or opposer; and the meaning may be, that such sentiments as Peter expressed then were opposed to him and his plans. His interference was improper. His views and feelings stood in the way of the accomplishment of the Saviour's designs. There was, undoubtedly, a rebuke in this language, for the conduct of Peter was improper; but the idea which is commonly attached to it, and which, perhaps, our translation conveys, implies a more severe and harsh rebuke than the Saviour intended, and than the language which he used would express.

9 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Then there is nothing here that mandates the devil actually possessed Peter.  I'm not asking you to look up to me.  I am asking you to reconsider what you've said.

Truly, I will reconsider what I said, Using sarcasm was wrong and hopefully you can forgive me for that. However, I cannot reconsider the meaning of                      " Satan's Host " --- Host simply, is a person who receives.  If one is going against God's will he is doing Satan's works and his flesh and spirit become a host and tool for Satan ( or other evil spirits - if you rather ). Even as Judas became a Host/ tool for Satan. I wont to argue semantics its a waste of time ... I'll simply say if you are doing Satan's works, your flesh and spirit are his tools and the your Body/ Spirit become a welcome Home for him to abide.

If you have something from your own heavenly treasures you would like to share I would love to hear it. Plain and simple from your own heart/ spirit -- not other peoples documents or dogma.. TY God Bless

1 minute ago, bfloydo said:

Truly, I will reconsider what I said, Using sarcasm was wrong and hopefully you can forgive me for that. However, I cannot reconsider the meaning of                      " Satan's Host " --- Host simply, is a person who receives.  If one is going against God's will he is doing Satan's works and his flesh and spirit become a host and tool for Satan ( or other evil spirits - if you rather ). Even as Judas became a Host/ tool for Satan. I wont to argue semantics its a waste of time ... I'll simply say if you are doing Satan's works, your flesh and spirit are his tools and the your Body/ Spirit become a welcome Home for him to abide.

If you have something from your own heavenly treasures you would like to share I would love to hear it. Plain and simple from your own heart/ spirit -- not other peoples documents or dogma.. TY God Bless

There is nothing in scripture that says  "satan's host."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

54 minutes ago, bfloydo said:

Ask Jesus why he called Peter, Satan..... Perhaps for a short time Peters body became Satan's host and tried to persuade Jesus to turn from God's Will. Judge for yourself as to why ....

When I read it I remember that Satan put the betrayal In Judas's heart before the last super and Judas acted on in earlier. (John 13:2 Now by the time of supper, the Devil had already put it into the heart of Judas, Simon Iscariot’s son, to betray Him.) Satan put it in His heart then Judas had gone and made plans to betray Jesus and now was eating with Him and the Lord knew. Jesus washed the disciples feet Including Judas. then  (John verse  27 After Judas ate the piece of bread, Satan entered him. Therefore Jesus told him, “What you’re doing, do quickly.”) In John 17 Jesus prayed While I was with them,
I was protecting them by Your name that You have given Me. I guarded them and not one of them is lost, except the son of destruction,[d] so that the Scripture may be fulfilled.

I think Satan was there with Jesus and peter like he was at the last super, he put the thought in Peters heart and Jesus rebuked Peter for speaking that thought and Satan for giving Him that thought in His heart because the Lord was protecting peter and he didn't protect Judas so that the scriptures might be fulfilled. Judas purpose was to betray the Lord for the pieces of silver (I forget how many). Peters Purpose was to be a witness.

I think just like he prayed for His disciples in John 17 he also prayers for us John 17:I 20 pray not only for these,
but also for those who believe in Me through their message.

You know those he loves he chastises? I'm pretty sure he rebuked the devil and told Satan to get behind Him several times in my life. I know some of the thoughts I have had in my heart probably came straight from satan. 

Judas was the Lords He even said he kept all the Lord had given Him. Just cause the devil can put evil thoughts in your heart doesn't mean you don't belong to the Lord. But If the devil does put evil in your heart and you do belong to the Lord. Good chance You and the Devil are both getting rebuked. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Reinitin said:

Judas was the Lords He even said he kept all the Lord had given Him. 

Actually Judas was the only one who was NOT the Lord's (but belonged to Satan). Hence we have this statement (John 17:12):

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Getting back to the OP, Satan is a creature who is the Adversary of the LORD God Almighty. He can only oppose and obstruct God to a limited degree, and he knows that his end is the Lake of Fire.  That is why when he and his evil angels are cast down from the heavens to earth, he will display great wrath (Rev 12).

32 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

There is nothing in scripture that says  "satan's host."

Never said there was such a phrase. I'll try and make my thoughts as plain and simple as I can.... If you are doing God's works you are a tool body/ spirit for God, on the contrary -- Satan's works you are a tool body/ spirit for Satan. How could Jesus cast Satan and evil spirits out of one, if they where not in one to start with???   Maybe Peter cast Satan out of himself, after Jesus rebuke, maybe Jesus did it and it is not in the Bible. Somehow the spirit of Satan got in Peter, and somehow it was removed   ( even though that is not not in the Bible either --- so do you believe the Spirit of Satan remained in Peter?). 

How did Jesus cast Satan and evil spirits out of of bodies hosting( receiving them ), if they were not in them ???? Do you make Jesus out to be a Liar and Deceiver ? Bears repeating.............

Edited by bfloydo

10 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Actually Judas was the only one who was NOT the Lord's (but belonged to Satan). Hence we have this statement (John 17:12):

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Getting back to the OP, Satan is a creature who is the Adversary of the LORD God Almighty. He can only oppose and obstruct God to a limited degree, and he knows that his end is the Lake of Fire.  That is why when he and his evil angels are cast down from the heavens to earth, he will display great wrath (Rev 12).

I don't see it like you none of the but the one. to me it means I kept them (all 12) those you gave me (all 12) I have kept, and none of them is lost, but (except) the son of perdition;(reason I didn't keep him, he sent him away) that the scripture might be fulfilled. 

Edited by Reinitin

8 hours ago, tigger398 said:

satan knows the bible and he knows it well. So why can't he try to stop the prophecy.

He does try to stop it all the time, He just can't! Prophecy is the Word of God his word accomplishes what he send it forth to do:)