• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

19 hours ago, Cletus said:

two cities that are on seven hills/mountians.  rome and Jerusalem.  And where does the abomination of desolation take place?  Not in rome.

And now in response to what others quoted me on about it being a city and it being a noun.  Freemasons have a secret handshake.  they have whats called mystery schools that teach deception but say its revealing truths.  These places also are very involved in studying subliminal messages thats used in advertisements especially on tv.  the basic meaning of occult is secret.  What I said about mystery babylon isnt something I pulled out of a hat.  I prayed and asked God to show me what was going on in the world.  A city by itself is not evil.  These people will and do have a headquarters because they will have global power at some point.  I dont know if the hour it mentions is a literal 60 minutes or a short span of time.  It dont matter though.  Its not the city so much that will be destroyed but whats in the city.  or should i say who is in the city.  Mystery babylon is for lack of a better term, a coven of witches which will come into global power.  Thats why she sits/rides the beast.  central command, if you will.   The people that practice this false religion are all over the world.  And at the higher levels they are not strangers to each other.

3 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

Did you know that Athens, Greece is also on 'seven hills'? Also Mecca is on 7 hills. Tehran, Iran is also on 7 hills.

2 hours ago, other one said:

so is Washington DC

So out of all of them "hills," which place that you all have mentioned have 5 that "are fallen," how did all that happen? Was it all at once or did they fall one at a time?

Is the 1 that "is" still "is?"

And what about that "other that is not yet come" coming, or has it come and gone already? If it did, did only stick around for a short time?

Any word on when's that 8th one supposed to appear that gets destroyed???

Because if these "mountains" are really just "hills" then how does that all fit with the verse?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

So out of all of them "hills," which place that you all have mentioned have 5 that "are fallen," how did all that happen? Was it all at once or did they fall one at a time?

Is the 1 that "is" still "is?"

And what about that "other that is not yet come" coming, or has it come and gone already? If it did, did only stick around for a short time?

Any word on when's that 8th one supposed to appear that gets destroyed???

Because if these "mountains" are really just "hills" then how does that all fit with the verse?

There are a lot more cities which have 7 hills.

You mentioned Jerusalem which has continued to exist. So I thought I would mention just a few of the many. Of my list, I believe Mecca is a likely candidate. Tehran is the second most likely. Rome would be third.  But Jerusalem is the least likely of all of the cities.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

There are a lot more cities which have 7 hills.

You mentioned Jerusalem which has continued to exist. So I thought I would mention just a few of the many. Of my list, I believe Mecca is a likely candidate. Tehran is the second most likely. Rome would be third.  But Jerusalem is the least likely of all of the cities.

No, I didn't mention Jerusalem. Did you really read my post?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

Here is a more exhaustive list of cities on seven hills broken up by continent. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_claimed_to_be_built_on_seven_hills

this list however does not contain the ruins of babylon which is in modern day iraq.  Nor is istanbul, which used to be Constantinople and before that Byzantium.  

Lets get real here, this is the bible so its very likely  its either Babylon, which is no more or its Rome, which that time is past, modern day Istanbul which isn't likely, or Jerusalem.  Unless of course its a new city that wasnt around back when The Book was written.  I think thats a possibility but not as probable.  Even still, it dont matter to me what city it is thats her headquarters, Gods will is going to come to pass and that is, the wicked will be cut off from the earth.  The book gives us a big clue when it says stand in the holy place. 

A cursory glance of that word usage shows that it is translated (KJV) mountain or mount 62 times and hill 3 times.  It shows to have come from a word that means "a rising."  The whole "city on seven hills" notion is kind of silly as BlindSeeker points out.  Mountains are metaphors for kingdoms, and in this case, these "risings" result from supernatural princes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

14 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The whole "city on seven hills" notion is kind of silly as BlindSeeker points out.  Mountains are metaphors for kingdoms, and in this case, these "risings" result from supernatural princes.

Jer. 51:24 And I will repay Babylon... 25 “Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, who destroys all the earth,” says the LORD.

Dan. 2:35 And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

30 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Jer. 51:24 And I will repay Babylon... 25 “Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, who destroys all the earth,” says the LORD.

Dan. 2:35 And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

And these -

Zechariah 4:7 - Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. 

Daniel 2:45 - Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Amos 4:1 - Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.

Amos 6:1 - Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

No, I didn't mention Jerusalem. Did you really read my post?

Yes, I did, but I got your post confused with one by Cletus. You reponded to my post responding to Cletus, so I got confused.

24 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Yes, I did, but I got your post confused with one by Cletus. You reponded to my post responding to Cletus, so I got confused.

lol, it happens :-)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- Always remember,

the woman John saw go into the wilderness in Rev.12

Is the woman John went into the wilderness to see the judgment of in Rev.17

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

20 minutes ago, RevelationWriter said:

- Always remember,

the woman John saw go into the wilderness in Rev.12

Is the woman John went into the wilderness to see the judgment of in Rev.17

That doesn't make sense.

• And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.  But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.  And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.  But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth.  So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.  Revelation 12:13-17

So, those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus are the offspring of the woman in Rev 17? 

• And on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Revelation 17:5

How are those who hold to the testimony of Jesus and keep the commandments of God harlots and abominations?  Can you elaborate?