IGNORED

Questions for Christians

Goldenshark123

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, Goldenshark123 said:

Why has so much of the bible been proven wrong, like the flat Earth theory?

There is not a single thing in the Bible that has been proven wrong.

The Bible supports a 'globe' shaped Earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/26/2016 at 6:12 AM, Butero said:

1  Do you think evolution is true?  If not, why not?  No I don't.  It is nothing but an unproven theory with many holes in it.  For instance, there is no evidence anywhere that shows one species of animal evolving into another species of animal.  You can find mutations, but nothing like Darwin described.

2  Should a killer who truthfully repents be allowed into heaven?  Yes.  We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and none of us deserve to make it to heaven.  As such, if a killer comes to repentance and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they should be welcomed into heaven.

3  Should a kindhearted atheist or person of another faith be allowed into heaven?  No.  Heaven is reserved for followers of Christ.  Would I personally send them to hell for eternity?  I wouldn't, but that is because I am a fellow human being and see things from that perspective.  God's ways are not my ways.

4  If a person you care about is ill, would you just pray for them or  would you take them to a doctor?  If you say you'd do both, then which do you think would have more effect?  I would do both, but the doctor cannot cure anyone.  They will get better if the Lord wills.  If that is not his will, nothing will save them.

5  Would you be happy in heaven if somebody you loved was in hell?  Absolutely I would be happy in heaven.  I don't want anyone to go to hell, but I would still be happy in heaven.

6  Who's prayers does God answer?  And if it's ultimately his will what happens anyway, then why bother prayer?  It ultimately is up to God to answer or deny a request, but we have not because we ask not.  If you don't ask, then you know you won't receive, but if you do ask, you might get what you desire.  If a child asks his parents for something, the answer isn't always yes, but sometimes it is. 

7  If God spoke to you and told you to kill somebody, would you do it?  I wouldn't go by a voice in my head or a feeling.  Satan often times tricks people into thinking they are hearing the voice of God, and leads them to commit sinful acts like murder.  God won't violate his Word, so I have no fear that he would ask me to sin.

8  Is God always watching you?  How about when you're on the toilet?  Yes.  God is always watching us.

9  If Christianity was proven wrong, what would your reaction be?  It cannot be proven wrong, so why waste time with a question like that?

10  Why has so much of the Bible been proven wrong, like the flat Earth theory?  The Bible never claims the earth is flat.  I have read it straight through more than 15 times, and I know it doesn't say that. 

11  Is the Bible literally true, or just morally?  For the most part, I take it literal, but there are things in scripture like parables that are stories to teach a lesson.

Wow Butro all questions very well answered and I of course believe what you said is true.  And very good questions Goldenshark.  I hope they have been answered.  I can only add Golden, that God loves you and He always will.  Please continue to seek  God loves a seekers heart too.  I hope we have been some help.