• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

clue:

This may give it away.

Isaiah 55:11   So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Sister said:

Montana Marv

Why would I think that?  Where did that come from?

With an open ended question most all answers may be acceptable.  But when the Word of the Scripture and of God is compared to the purest of Silver, one must leave it at that.  Silver must be refined 7 times to become pure silver (no impurities).  The Scriptures (Word) are pure in its past, present and future.  It has not been anything but pure, no refining needed.  That is how pure the Word is.

Yet we may test the Word in our own lives.  But our testing does not change the purity of the Word which stays the same.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Psalm 12:6 - The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Greetings Sister, I must admit that I am curious as to where you are going with all this.

However, I believe that much of the resistance in spirit many are having is because it seems to be implied that just as silver is required to be fired seven times in the smelter in order to purify, i.e., remove the blackened impurities burnt referred to as dross.

Everyone here knows that the Word of God is pure, absolutely; and were it somehow to be "tried in fire" seven times, there would be no dross in any of those firing of it. For God’s word would be entering in to such a fire pure and could not possibly be made any purer by the fire. If it could be refined to a greater purity, then it is obvious that the "word" wasn’t pure in the beginning.

However, perhaps I am seeing the point you are trying to make, but I believe it is being lost in the notable difference between “purified” and “pure.” Purification is a process while pure is a state of condition, as seen in the trial with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego who were cast into the fiery furnace heated sevenfold and yet came out without even the stench of smoke. Not because they were “purified,” but rather because they were “pure.”

Likewise, the word of the Lord is pure, perfect, complete, and not one aspect of it has or ever will fail. The psalmist is but making the comparative of God’s word to the condition of "pure" silver; which had been purified seven times in the fire. Again, God’s word was pure from the source, but the silver needed to be refined to make it pure.

HOWEVER, and perhaps this is part of the point, purified silver subjected to the fire an eighth time would not render any dross, because it is in fact pure. Thus the smelting of silver an eighth time would only PROVE it is in fact pure.

Thus, after seven millennia of God’s word being challenged and rejected by the world (but believed and embraced by His children), as creation enters the eighth millennia with the fulfillment of all that God’s word has said and promised being fully realized by the redeemed and heavenly host; God word will have been PROVEN to be pure throughout the ages by having fully accomplished its desired end.

Am I close??

7 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

Psalm 12:6 - The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Greetings Sister, I must admit that I am curious as to where you are going with all this.

However, I believe that much of the resistance in spirit many are having is because it seems to be implied that just as silver is required to be fired seven times in the smelter in order to purify, i.e., remove the blackened impurities burnt referred to as dross.

Everyone here knows that the Word of God is pure, absolutely; and were it somehow to be "tried in fire" seven times, there would be no dross in any of those firing of it. For God’s word would be entering in to such a fire pure and could not possibly be made any purer by the fire. If it could be refined to a greater purity, then it is obvious that the "word" wasn’t pure in the beginning.

However, perhaps I am seeing the point you are trying to make, but I believe it is being lost in the notable difference between “purified” and “pure.” Purification is a process while pure is a state of condition, as seen in the trial with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego who were cast into the fiery furnace heated sevenfold and yet came out without even the stench of smoke. Not because they were “purified,” but rather because they were “pure.”

Likewise, the word of the Lord is pure, perfect, complete, and not one aspect of it has or ever will fail. The psalmist is but making the comparative of God’s word to the condition of "pure" silver; which had been purified seven times in the fire. Again, God’s word was pure from the source, but the silver needed to be refined to make it pure.

HOWEVER, and perhaps this is part of the point, purified silver subjected to the fire an eighth time would not render any dross, because it is in fact pure. Thus the smelting of silver an eighth time would only PROVE it is in fact pure.

Thus, after seven millennia of God’s word being challenged and rejected by the world (but believed and embraced by His children), as creation enters the eighth millennia with the fulfillment of all that God’s word has said and promised being fully realized by the redeemed and heavenly host; God word will have been PROVEN to be pure throughout the ages by having fully accomplished its desired end.

Am I close??

Bindseeker

God's Word is pure the first time he speaks.  No mistakes in his Word. 

He is all knowing and speaks out of wisdom and understanding.  What he says the first time will come.  We true believers know this, but there are some believers also who don't really believe all he has said, and take it with a grain of salt.  They ignore scripture, or refute it, but the day is coming when they will realise what he speaks is serious business, and not to be taken lightly.

Psalms 12:6   The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The fact that he said the above, can be easily understood as it says.  If that's all he wants to give us.  His words are so pure comparing it to silver tried in the fire seven times.  But he said this for a reason and I always knew there was more to it, the more I came to understand that wisdom was hidden in his speech, in his words.  I just couldn't figure out "how" or "why".

I will give you guys until Sunday to work it out.  The answer is so obvious and that simple, and when you hear it, you are going to kick yourself!

I had to wait 30 years to receive the answer, and I'm not just going to throw these pearls away like that.  I want you guys to work for it also, only then you can appreciate the answer.  Those who cannot see anything in it, will not appreciate it, until the 7th time comes.

No, It's not speaking about the millennium.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

On 3/10/2016 at 5:36 PM, Sister said:

I like this answer.  We are getting closer.  Your explanation does not hit the bulls-eye, but you are getting close to the answer.

Are you teaching a lesson here?  Why not just state the answer?

Because we don't appreciate things we have not worked for.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 3/9/2016 at 9:47 AM, Sister said:

I've put this in the eschatology section because I think this is where it belongs.

Psalms 12:6   The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Does anyone know how God purified his words seven times?

Our God is a consuming fire with a sevenfold Spirit that his words must comply with to be spoken. :)

2 hours ago, gdemoss said:

Our God is a consuming fire with a sevenfold Spirit that his words must comply with to be spoken. :)

Hi gdemoss

Yes, but consider this;

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

7 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi gdemoss

Yes, but consider this;

It will be interesting to see where this goes.  I don't see the reasoning, as others have pointed out, to believe God intended to say that his words would litterally be tried in a furnace of earth seven times.  Now, that said, the only thing that makes sense to me in it is that of the seven churches of revelation that Christ says will be tried and found according to his word.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

It seems to be a perspective/ or a view of Yahweh as HE is the refiners fire  , as HE refines His People .

As people , even as believers, we are//may be// refined by Him,

and we are made of earth, given breath by Him.

We are earthen vessels.   Yahweh is a consuming fire.  He refines us.  He renews us in Christ.

Yahweh redeems us with the Lambs Blood, Yahshua atones for us, 

and "the life that we now live is by FAITH in the Son of God, Who Loves us and gave Himself for us".