• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

so as many you know i really like music to listen to and to do.

i want to think more about doing music in church. last time i did any music was madrigal choir at college and then christmas carolling this past christmas...

how do i know if im doing something for strife or vainglory. i appreciate compliments but i dont want to be full of myself. this man said that he likes my voice and thinks ishould sing at ru. he hasnt said anything in a while. im sort of interested but i feel like guilty if im at the least a little assertive...but i dont want to make God displeased. is God displeased cos i really liked the compliment? for a short while i didnt feel it was a good time to be doing any music ministry. i didn tfeel like a good christian enough.

i do believe that doing more will help combat my suicide idealizations 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

dont know what plans Father have for you. He will reveal it to you, when you are ready (He will prepare you)
but what is wrong to use, what you are gifted for? Abba dont do anything just "for accident". or because "was kinda move that moment.."
if you have great voice - go on, use it :)
Exodus 28-3  You shall speak to all the skillful, whom I have filled with a spirit of skill, that they make...
skill is also a voice and skill to sing 
and, if you are glad, that someone made compliment for you... dont get pride and enjoy it :)
what is wrong enjoy and like, what Abba did create? He did create you and yours voice - if anyone make compliment, just give glory to Abba and no worry :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Hi preciouspearl,

As with any ministry music, evangelism, teaching, etc., the only real way to answer your question and fulfill your ministry (2 Timothy 4:5) is by grounding yourself in studying scripture.  I guess you could say it is the prerequisite for any ministry-even music.  

It is possible that the difficulty that you are having pressing forward doing this is not because you fear pride but persecution as well.  It can be difficult to say this when it doesn't seem like this is happening.  It seems almost easy to talk about Christ today, but it is not for the one who is doing it even today.  

There is also nothing wrong with being assertive if you know that you know that you are sharing something He has shared with you.  But, when we are swimming in different opinions listening to people talk about how God speaks to people, or how He doesn't speak to people, it can be difficult to not question ourselves, which is why it is important to read the Bible.  

The Bible is a finished work where as this life is not, and it can give you perspective for what it is ahead because of this.  I am sure there is an answer to every question you are having about going forward with this service to Christ.  

From my own experience feeling similar feelings like you are expressing, I think doing a Bible plan is a great way to set a goal to finish through the Bible.  I can be a daunting objective to finish through the Bible, but there are several plans available to make it easier.  My favorite was the 90-day Bible challenge and reading through the Bible in Chronological order that was done for me on the Bible app, but they also have Bible's in the book store set up in chronological order that you can purchase.  It really makes a difference when you are reading through the prophets and the kings to see how they all line up.  

May He bless you in His calling for your life

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, preciouspearl said:

how do i know if im doing something for strife or vainglory.

The Holy Spirit will convict you if you are not doing something simply to please God. Don't make things more complicated than they should be. Do what you are called to do and do not expect praise or thanks.

i dont know what to do. i feel torn and worthless. i told my sister i feel left out cos i hae a friend doing a little mini easter presentation at her church.

i said i wish i could do stuff again and she said be in the kids choir. im 28. she said to suggest ladies choir. no i just started going back to my moms church since october

then she said she said she doesnt think it should be my main goal (never said it was my main goal) and she thinks its stupid for people to do that stuff in church cos we are supposed to worship and praise God.

she asked me why i want to do it....

i dont know

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  41,885
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, preciouspearl said:

i dont know what to do. i feel torn and worthless. i told my sister i feel left out cos i hae a friend doing a little mini easter presentation at her church.

i said i wish i could do stuff again and she said be in the kids choir. im 28. she said to suggest ladies choir. no i just started going back to my moms church since october

then she said she said she doesnt think it should be my main goal (never said it was my main goal) and she thinks its stupid for people to do that stuff in church cos we are supposed to worship and praise God.

she asked me why i want to do it....

i dont know

frankly loved one the redeemed heart is grateful for all things in others and themselves when God is magnified :thumbsup: 

What do you mean? I'm not really clear and I read your post 3 times lol 

Yes I am happy for this person. But shouldn't my sister be happy for me? To me your post only has to do with another facet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  41,885
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, preciouspearl said:

What do you mean? I'm not really clear and I read your post 3 times lol 

Invest your heart in the joy of The Lord... people will fail and if you depend upon them you will be up and down continually.
Establish your total reliance upon God and bring from Him the help others need in order to be where you are- it is about
Loving The Lord with all that you have and seeking His pleasure in all that you do regardless of what others around exhibit...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Music is a very powerful tool that God uses to touch the heart of his people.  Music can go places in our hearts that nothing else can and it is a tool of evangelism planting the message of Christ in the hearts of those that hear it.  Having a music ministry of any kind whether it's with children etc., is truly a gift from God and an open door to share and plant the seed of the gospel message of Jesus Christ through song.  Focus on the word of God and the reason why he gifted you and let God use you.  Pay no mind to others just give the glory to God and know your purpose.