IGNORED

What would it take for me to be saved today, and be with God, by the end of the day today?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Romans tells us that if you believe that the Father raised Jesus from the dead, and you confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord you will be saved....     sounds simple, but that confession can get a little tricky....    if you confess Jesus as Lord and he is not.....    well that would just make you an unsaved liar.

One then needs to either read and learn, or be taught what the Lord expects of those of us who take him up on his offer to save us from the result of sin.

So if you want to be with the Lord today I would say that you should confess Jesus as Lord and just to be safe get baptized and then accidentally walk out in front of a speeding bus or train....    "accidentally"

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, other one said:

Romans tells us that if you believe that the Father raised Jesus from the dead, and you confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord you will be saved....     sounds simple, but that confession can get a little tricky....    if you confess Jesus as Lord and he is not.....    well that would just make you an unsaved liar.

One then needs to either read and learn, or be taught what the Lord expects of those of us who take him up on his offer to save us from the result of sin.

So if you want to be with the Lord today I would say that you should confess Jesus as Lord and just to be safe get baptized and then accidentally walk out in front of a speeding bus or train....    "accidentally"

:huh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

:huh:

well, you asked....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I really like this post as it highlights a genuine problem that many just overlook.

Rob Bell posed the same question in his book 'Love Wins' (yeah I know, not everyones choice of reading), that the bible seems to state many diffrent ways you can be saved (through saying this and that, being married to a believer etc).

Well, if I had to put it simply it would be this.

Believe that that Jesus is the son of God, who became flesh in order to die on the cross, and rose from the dead for the slavtion and reconcilation of the world. 

Romans 10:9 puts it perfecly. What you actually say does not matter. It's about the heart, but verbalising it gives life to it. (prov 18:21)

"If you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved'.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 17/03/2016 at 11:02 PM, other one said:

well, you asked....

That was an accurate response to "by the end of the day today". Quick and easy.