• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, heretoeternity said:

Do we make void the law through faith? God forbid.  We establish the law...Paul said in Romans 3.31

It is doers of the law that are justified Romans 2.13...

The 600+ items in the law of Moses, which Moses wrote  ( the sacrificial, circumcision, feast, festival, cleanliness etc law ended in Acts 15 with the exception of the four mentioned). Paul is obviously referring to God's law, the ten commandments which God Himself wrote in Exodus 20 and are the moral law for people to follow, and demonstrate love of God, and love of neighnbour.

This is the love of God that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome 1st John 5.3.

like I've posted many times here Matthew 25 starting with verse 30 will show you that you can keep the ten commandments your entire life and never break a single one and still go to hell....     so be careful of pushing the old covenant....   not even circumcision is valid for salvation.    Please be careful, many people come by here and read.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, other one said:

like I've posted many times here Matthew 25 starting with verse 30 will show you that you can keep the ten commandments your entire life and never break a single one and still go to hell....     so be careful of pushing the old covenant....   not even circumcision is valid for salvation.    Please be careful, many people come by here and read.

I will follow the Bible and God's word...if God says to keep His commandments, I will do it...Hebrews 10 "I will write my commandments on their hearts and minds, and I will be their God, and they will be their people"....

This raises the question, if you chose to ignore and refuse to follow God's law, what do you have written on your heart and mind, and to whom  do you belong?

2 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

I will follow the Bible and God's word...if God says to keep His commandments, I will do it...Hebrews 10 "I will write my commandments on their hearts and minds, and I will be their God, and they will be their people"....

This raises the question, if you chose to ignore and refuse to follow God's law, what do you have written on your heart and mind, and to whom  do you belong?

I have Jusus's laws written on my heart and so should everyone.  Jesus is God and that is what he was speaking of.   Are you following the things he speaks of in Matthew chapter 25 verse 30 on?

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Right. And so part of Scripture pertaining to this dispensation says...

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
(Rom 14:5-6)

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(Col 2:16-17)

Do you not realize what Paul is talking about in Hebrews 14 and Col 2? Obviously not....read the whole chapter and you will see in both cases he is describing the law of Moses..the 600+ sacrificial, circumcision, ceremonial, food, etc laws which he wrote....to the Hebrews he is describing various foods which can be now eaten, then the ceremonial days kept under the Mosaic laws, which were eliminated in Acts 15 with the exception of the 4 mentioned.  Same in Col 2,...he refers to "ordinances" which are Moses law, and "new moons" which are pertaining to the passover, and the following day, the annual sabbath of the first day of unleavened bread....all this does not refer to the weekly Sabbath which was written by the hand of God Himself, on stone, Exodus 20 and which will endure forever..you have to learn to distinguish between the two...

5 minutes ago, other one said:

I have Jusus's laws written on my heart and so should everyone.  Jesus is God and that is what he was speaking of.   Are you following the things he speaks of in Matthew chapter 25 verse 30 on?

You dispute Hebrews 10, and first John 5.3, John 14.15 and Matthew 19.17, then what do you have written on your heart and mind, and who do you belong to?

8 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

You dispute Hebrews 10, and first John 5.3, John 14.15 and Matthew 19.17, then what do you have written on your heart and mind, and who do you belong to?

I think I just told you; do you follow Matthew 25?

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It was the Book of Romans I quoted, not Hebrews. I've heard of your theory before and it doesn't wash. Those stone tablets were given to the Israelites not the Church which comprised of Jews and Gentiles 

The Gentiles were never given a command to keep the weekly Sabbath back in Exodus Or Genesis.

BTW, the law was not eliminated in Acts 15 council. It was fulfilled by Christ and nailed to the cross.

Colossians 2:14 KJVS
[14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

You are still spouting the law of Moses as your excuse to not follow God's laws, the Ten commandments....isn't free will grand, to follow God, and His commandments or follow the false preachers, and satan?

You go your way and I'll go mine, but others reading this thread should be very careful with their eternal future.  The ten commands by themselves will not get you to heaven, and the Sabbath is not a day of the week once you have accepted Jesus as your Lord, it is a way of life.... 24 hours a day 365 days a year and every 4 years an extra day in February. 

2 minutes ago, other one said:

You go your way and I'll go mine, but others reading this thread should be very careful with their eternal future.  The ten commands by themselves will not get you to heaven, and the Sabbath is not a day of the week once you have accepted Jesus as your Lord, it is a way of life.... 24 hours a day 365 days a year and every 4 years an extra day in February. 

The ten commandments were written by God Himself, on stone tablets, and are the moral law for mankind...you have free will to follow them or not....I chose to follow them, and obey God, and His Holy word, because I am saved by His grace, and the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross...

Edited by heretoeternity
typo

4 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

The ten commandments were written by God Himself, on stone tablets, and are the moral law for mankind...you have free will to follow them or not....I chose to follow them...and obey God...

Good talkin' to ya'

Jesus is the entity that wrote the ten commandments on stone, and he is the same entity in a flesh body that changed the rules for a new and better covenant.  If you wish to be a part of the old covenant, go for it, but it will not guarantee you an eternal life with the Lord. The old covenant was lacking, thus the need for a new covenant.