• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

Nope, not you! Just talkin' 'bout the Legalizers (sounds like a Marvel comic!) :D

Told ya other one. He was talkin bout me. The "many" have called me a legalist. Quite frankly i wouldnt want to be in his shoes when he stands before Jesus and says save me Lord, im an illegalist. I did nothing you commanded me to do. Good luck with that

14 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

Nope, not you! Just talkin' 'bout the Legalizers (sounds like a Marvel comic!) :D

14 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

John Robinson,I get it. Your picture bout the pit fall

PROVERBS 28 [9] HE THAT TURNETH AWAY HIS EAR FROM HEARING THE LAW, even his prayer shall be abomination.[10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, HE SHALL FALL HIMSELF INTO HIS OWN PIT: but the upright shall have good things in possession.

Edited by WailingWall

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Whatever, kid.

And by the way, picture is the cover of my latest novel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

6 hours ago, WailingWall said:

ACTS 13  [42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, THE GENTILES BESOUGHT THAT THESE WORDS MIGHT BE PREACHED TO THEM THE NEXT SABBATH.[43] Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.[44] And THE NEXT SABBATH DAY CAME ALMOST THE WHOLE CITY TOGETHER TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD.

Wrong again Hazard

No, I'm not wrong at all.

Acts 13: 42, And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

The rebellious Jews left the synagogue before the Gentiles proselytes (V.43),

43, Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

And the believing Jews requested they speak the next Sabbath. Then they all left following Paul to hear his exhortation (V. 42-43).

And V. 44,  And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. That's what truly happened here.

Coll. 2:14-17;
Coll. 2:14, Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the SABBATH DAYS:
V. 17, Which are a SHADOW of things to come; but the body of Christ. 

Unless your a member of the Seventh Day Adventists Church, then you follow Ellen G. White, and not God. 

Paul wrote, But why dost thou judge they brother? or why dost thou set at nought they brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ . . . . So the every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more."

If the law of Moses, including the fourth commandment, was in force in the new covenant the above statement would never have been written by Paul. Each Christian can do as he pleases concerning the Sabbath and is not to be judged by his brother "Any More."

Christian experiences do not come by the law. "Receive ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?. . . .the law is not of faith: but. the man who doeth them [things of the law] shall live in them. . . . how turn ye AGAIN to the weak beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage?" (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:15-21; 3:1-12, 19-25; 4:1-3, 19-31; 5:1-9, 11-21).

Do prefer to to be in BONDAGE W.W." Do you follow the whole Mosaic law?

"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years [that the law required]. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed labour upon you in vain" (Gal. 3:1-12; 4:9-11). Going back to observe Sabbaths according to the law is spoken of here as going back into the bondage of the law. If one does this he is a debtor to do the whole law (Gal. 5:3).

Gal. 5: 4, Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you ARE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW; YE ARE FALLEN FROM GRACE.

V. 5, For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by FAITH.  

The law is no longer in force and it has no claim or authority over any person under the new covenant. We are under the obligation to keep the new covenant laws and commandments, which include new laws that were never part of the old covenant, as well as those that God saw fit to make a part of the new covenant.

Note this W.W.;

Eph. 2:15,  Having ABOLISHED IN HIS FLESH the enmity, EVEN THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of one new man, so making peace;

Col. 2:14-17;  Blotting out the handwriting of ORDINANCEES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY, NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS;
V. 15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
V. 16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the SABBATH DAYS:
V. 17, Which are a SHADOW of things to come; but the body of Christ. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, WailingWall said:

Told ya other one. He was talkin bout me. The "many" have called me a legalist. Quite frankly i wouldnt want to be in his shoes when he stands before Jesus and says save me Lord, im an illegalist. I did nothing you commanded me to do. Good luck with that

This garbage is uncalled for.   Just because Christians don't keep the Sabbath doesn't mean they are under God's judgment.  The Sabbath day observance was never given to the church, and you have zero evidence that ever was.   You are making the Sabbath a salvation issue and accusing Christians of being opposed to God's laws solely on the grounds of keeping or not keeping the Sabbath.  

Your preaching a false gospel and that is far more dangerous on the day of judgment.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

Feast of Firstfruits or what we call Pentecost is always on a Sunday.

Now, as we all know, Yeshua was the Firstfruits and was raised on a Sunday and 50 days later on a Sunday, the disciples received the Holy Spirit.

The coming Feast of Trumpets, IMO, will likely come on a Sunday. (2023)

Sundays seem to be important, dont they?

edit: I do not think it matters, dont get me wrong.

Edited by Just a Mirror
Clarity

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

If you feel you have to obey the commandments, WW, have at it. But remember, you break one, you've broken all 633.

Makes life kinda dicey, don't it?

20 hours ago, John Robinson said:

If you feel you have to obey the commandments, WW, have at it. But remember, you break one, you've broken all 633.

Makes life kinda dicey, don't it?

Well, i found this on a Christain site

There are 1,050 commands in the New Testament for Christians to obey. Due to repetitions we can classify them under 69 headings. They cover every phase of man's life in his relationship to God and his fellowmen, now and hereafter. If obeyed, they will bring rich rewards here and forever; if disobeyed, they will bring condemnation and eternal punishment.

Sooo...what happens if you break one of these new testament commands? Pretty dicey

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You are making the Sabbath a salvation issue and accusing Christians of being opposed to God's laws solely on the grounds of keeping or not keeping the Sabbath.  

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Your preaching a false gospel and that is far more dangerous on the day of judgment

Hahaha! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! How many "church" doctrines not found explicitly in Scripture have you made into salvation issues? I've lost count. At least the Sabbath is explicitly stated in Scripture and hasn't been explicitly annulled by any Scripture.

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, Zach said:

Hahaha! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! How many "church" doctrines not found explicitly in Scripture have you made into salvation issues?

None.

At least the Sabbath is explicitly stated in Scripture and hasn't been explicitly annulled by any Scripture.

I never said it was annulled.  I attended a Messianic Jewish congregation and observed the Sabbath for years until the Rabbi retired.