• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, other one said:

that really is common across the world...

Indeed.  The two that I have seen were black.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

We've been reading Pilgrim's Progress with our grandson. We are being attacked even now. You get a brief rest and then something rears it's ugly head. What did Paul say: Perils from without and within...  Stress from trials and attacks can grow very wearying.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:14 PM, cherubim said:

We've been reading Pilgrim's Progress with our grandson. We are being attacked even now. You get a brief rest and then something rears it's ugly head. What did Paul say: Perils from without and within...  Stress from trials and attacks can grow very wearying.

Indeed it can.  I have undergone some rough times over the past two years; things that make no sense and seem to be unrelated.  Just one after another.  I continue to believe and to pray for that's all we can do.  Just stay strong, cherubim, and don't allow them to deter you from the Lord.  If you believe you are being attacked, you are. 

On November 26, 2016 at 9:08 PM, MorningGlory said:

Indeed it can.  I have undergone some rough times over the past two years; things that make no sense and seem to be unrelated.  Just one after another.  I continue to believe and to pray for that's all we can do.  Just stay strong, cherubim, and don't allow them to deter you from the Lord.  If you believe you are being attacked, you are. 

Things that happened to me make no sense either.  I feel God very close but wish He would grant us relief.  I don't doubt we're being attacked.  Sometimes an event will take you off guard until you realize it's an attack.

Can you please pray for my family & I? We have been hit terribly and I'm weary.  I hope you do okay as well.  It makes you think maybe the end is coming because the evil one knows "his time is short..."

On November 5, 2016 at 1:39 PM, cherubim said:

It's good to share - it should not be something kept hidden or left untaught, nor should over-emphasis be given the evil one - which takes our eyes off of our walk.  As a new believer I got hit - I hate to even recall it.  I knew nothing, and was so fearful of sharing it - afraid I would have my children taken from me. I suffered immensely.  Finally a Christian neighbor recommended the book "The Adversary"  I then grasped what I had endured.  Much of government is now evil, so a believer who told their experiences to a secular counselor would be in a lot of trouble.  My cousin was struggling and alone, and made a passing remark to someone from the office of aging or some help she was getting, about wanting to end it after her dog died. Police broke into her house, took her out without shoes (from what she told me - I wasn't there) and forcibly put her in a mental institute. She called me, hysterical, begging for help. I phoned the public defender - very nice man - but I asked if her rights were violated. He told me "no" - that if someone makes such a remark, you can be forcibly removed from your home and committed.

Our institutions are evil to one degree or another. Satan operates in darkness - and keeps us from seeking help, using our natural fear of being deemed unsound. And even if you shared it with another believer - they may not have reached the level of spiritual growth that you have - which actually causes satan's attacks on you. They may be clueless. I asked for prayer aloud in church one time, for someone who was being harassed by another, and I stated openly that I thought the harassment was satanic.  The assistant pastor looked at me oddly, then quickly changed the subject.  It is experiences such as this that cause believers to keep silent about these types of spiritual assault.  It's a sad reflection of the watered-down caricature of scripture teaching in churches today.  Satan takes different forms: a roaring lion, yet we are warned of his wiles.  We've all known people who exhibit 'wiles' - they can't be trusted.  You are uneasy about them. A psychopath is a person who lies. Our government is full of them - it's run by lawyers and we now live in a police state; many don't know this yet.  We've heard the multiple news stories of police rabidly beating human beings - such as Freddie Gray, until his spine was severed. What 'spirit' drove that assault?  Look at the lies that inevitably follow.  Police in the next town to us allowed a police dog to rip a man apart until he died.  Troopers executed my neighbor's grandson; he wasn't armed. Look up Plea4change. There are good and bad people in the following professions, but unfortunately, demonically controlled individuals seek positions of power over others.  Forbes top 10 list of jobs that attract psychopaths explains why the country has grown progressively evil.  I believe we are living in a time of unparalleled evil.  Habakuk cried out to God due to the evil he witnessed.  David cried out in the psalms "there is no one who does right" - any Christian looking on the contemporary scene has to feel dismay.  When our children were in grade school, on back to school night we visited the school library. Looking through the books, we were appalled that there was a book on witchcraft.  We are not in a safe society today:  

1. CEO

2. Lawyer

3. Media (Television/Radio)

4. Salesperson

5. Surgeon

6. Journalist

7. Police Officer

8. Clergy person

9. Chef

10.Civil Servant

7. Police officer

8. Clergy person

9. Chef

10. Civil servant

Sorry - forgot to add the above professions are listed in Forbes magazine as the top 10 jobs that attract psychopaths. Alarming, isn't it?

You can understand why the government is such a mess, and why *some* troopers can beat a man to death like rabid dogs until they sever his spine as in the Freddie Gray case. I knew of one young woman molested by state troopers - and were told by a lawyer to not pursue it.  That's evil. Those on the outside of prison walls are at times worse than those on the inside. They're just more sophisticated criminals. But we know that "Vengeance is mine saith the Lord..."

We are living in very evil times. Like Habakkuk.  Our institutions are evil.  There is no constitution anymore.  Some already know this. If you do not know this, you will.  Deep calls to deep - watch...

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

I had an experience once when I had not been a Christian long, it might have been a night terror but I always thought it was a demon. I wake up one night and I'm in what looks like an office, pretty dark but there were blinds on the windows. The place starts to shake and I can see something black coming through the blinds, it's hovering over me and then it's in me, I couldn't move. I had read the New Testament and simply said in the name of Christ get out, it left, the sense of relief was awe inspiring. I had been talking to a former Jesuit and his Catholic friend for a while and I brought it up with them thinking they were going to tell me I just had a nightmare. But very seriously they agreed, the power of the Lord, that was all they said and they agreed pretty quickly.

Years later a friend tells me that he had a similar experience only someone he hadn't met before told him he was going to have a visitation. He had no idea what he was talking about but shortly there after he was in the hospital for some minor surgery. He described something in the room with him and after a prayer and something of a struggle that presence left never to return.

To be honest I didn't have a religious background before becoming a Christian, the first time I even heard of demons what watching the Exorcist, a movie I would have paid not to see. I don't buy into things like demons very easy but I've come to believe they are out there and every now and then will take a shot at believers. They are way more powerful then we are but at the name of Christ they are powerless. I've studied a lot of mysticism and occasionally encounter someone who practices the occult. I have always been careful not to involve myself in these things, it only took one experience to tell me all I need to know about them. They are dangerous and letting them get close is a mistake.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

The enemy does his best to instill FEAR......tactics,all tactics,whether he manifests to a visual entity or uses ac physical being,there is one agenda,to steal,kill & destroy by whatever means possible ......the things we speak about are very common,the enemy is just as much rampant s he always was from the beginning & if he cannot dp physical harm through someone(steal,kill destroy) ,he  will do it through emotions ,mental etc........steal Joy,kill hope,destroy FAITH    

The biggest problem I see is not the obviously possessed or the demon manifestations & appearances etc,,,, but the very insidious & subtle oppression of ....who else,Christians!!!and their failure to RECOGNIZE the relentless ,constant,feeble attempts that are actually quite succcessful because of the ignorance within the church & I do mean the church,Body of Christ     I hear more Christians say things like "Well,just put on Gods Full Armor" & Resist the devil & he will flee" and yet if you are not walking in Spirit & in Truth ,going through most of the day with a carnal mind & not constantly feeding your Spirit with the Word of God,,,,,well,those are just words without operating in Holy Spirit Power      Gods Word says "My people are DESTROYED by lack of knowledge"     That was Gods charge against Israel for disobedience,as Written in the Book of Hosea.......Jesus said "IF YOU LOVE ME,you will obey my commands"......we are obedient to Christ command to first love god,no other & then our neighbor as ourselves,,,,,,the Law of Love,in Spirit & in Truth this is Faith activated....Holy Spirit Power!!!!Going through the motions,speaking words from a carnal mind & not living according to the Purpose of our Calling.....to "reproduce",spread the Gospel,live FOR CHRIST.....leads to a live wit no POWER,no AUTHORITY............................vulnerable & susceptible to the wiles of the devil,the fiery darts of the enemy........

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

So,as I was saying,,,,,I believe the greatest accomplishment if the enemy is to convince people he is no threat,not in their own life,non existent....meanwhile the folks that pay hi the least attention are doing most of his work in subtle little ways,,,,passive aggression,snippy little argumentative remarks,unkindness,lack of compassion,idle words,unedifying conversation,pot stirring,false reports,gossip.....the little foxes that spoil the vine........

Pray without ceasing,feed the Spirit,read His Word,praise,worship,spread the Gospel,go about our Fathers Business & put away the things of this world......make GOD FIRST.....be alert,seek Wisdom......always ask God to Reveal to us our own hearts,what am I doing to live FOR CHRIST?      With love-in Christ,Kwik

On 11/29/2016 at 5:43 AM, cherubim said:

Things that happened to me make no sense either.  I feel God very close but wish He would grant us relief.  I don't doubt we're being attacked.  Sometimes an event will take you off guard until you realize it's an attack.

Can you please pray for my family & I? We have been hit terribly and I'm weary.  I hope you do okay as well.  It makes you think maybe the end is coming because the evil one knows "his time is short..."

I just saw this post, cherubim, and of course I will pray for the Lord's protection over you and your family.  Please rebuke the attackers every time you feel them; rebuke them in the name of Jesus and they cannot stay in your home/office or wherever you are.   May He bless and keep you and yours.

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

The enemy does his best to instill FEAR......tactics,all tactics,whether he manifests to a visual entity or uses ac physical being,there is one agenda,to steal,kill & destroy by whatever means possible ......the things we speak about are very common,the enemy is just as much rampant s he always was from the beginning & if he cannot dp physical harm through someone(steal,kill destroy) ,he  will do it through emotions ,mental etc........steal Joy,kill hope,destroy FAITH    

The biggest problem I see is not the obviously possessed or the demon manifestations & appearances etc,,,, but the very insidious & subtle oppression of ....who else,Christians!!!and their failure to RECOGNIZE the relentless ,constant,feeble attempts that are actually quite succcessful because of the ignorance within the church & I do mean the church,Body of Christ     I hear more Christians say things like "Well,just put on Gods Full Armor" & Resist the devil & he will flee" and yet if you are not walking in Spirit & in Truth ,going through most of the day with a carnal mind & not constantly feeding your Spirit with the Word of God,,,,,well,those are just words without operating in Holy Spirit Power      Gods Word says "My people are DESTROYED by lack of knowledge"     That was Gods charge against Israel for disobedience,as Written in the Book of Hosea.......Jesus said "IF YOU LOVE ME,you will obey my commands"......we are obedient to Christ command to first love god,no other & then our neighbor as ourselves,,,,,,the Law of Love,in Spirit & in Truth this is Faith activated....Holy Spirit Power!!!!Going through the motions,speaking words from a carnal mind & not living according to the Purpose of our Calling.....to "reproduce",spread the Gospel,live FOR CHRIST.....leads to a live wit no POWER,no AUTHORITY............................vulnerable & susceptible to the wiles of the devil,the fiery darts of the enemy........

So,as I was saying,,,,,I believe the greatest accomplishment if the enemy is to convince people he is no threat,not in their own life,non existent....meanwhile the folks that pay hi the least attention are doing most of his work in subtle little ways,,,,passive aggression,snippy little argumentative remarks,unkindness,lack of compassion,idle words,unedifying conversation,pot stirring,false reports,gossip.....the little foxes that spoil the vine........

Pray without ceasing,feed the Spirit,read His Word,praise,worship,spread the Gospel,go about our Fathers Business & put away the things of this world......make GOD FIRST.....be alert,seek Wisdom......always ask God to Reveal to us our own hearts,what am I doing to live FOR CHRIST?      With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen, Kwik!

I have thought about posting in this section many times.I have had experiences that I won't  put in a public forum.

The good Lord  allows some of us to go through rather extreme circumstances starting in childhood.

Edited by Guest
Add to post