spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

Looking for multiple opinions of people well-versed in history.

Would you consider the 2nd Reich to be worse than their enemies. Russia was extremely corrupt which lead to the mass murder of far more people than Hitler killed.

Another enemy, great Britain did more damage than Nazism (imho). They had concentration camps in Africa, committed genocide in Australia, and ruined more nations than the Nazi's. They fought wars and conquered land on every continent.

These atrocities also happened for centuries. However, I'm speaking of the 2nd Reich which was nothing close to Barbaric like the 3rd Reich. The war began with the assassination of Austrias (Germanys closest Alli) leader so it was in response to Serbian aggression. When I see the atrocities of the people they were fighting, it is hard to not see them as the lesser of the two evils.

It is argued that were the treaty of Versailles not so harsh, World War II could have been avoided. Poverty, humiliation, and disaster is where hateful military Dictatorships flourish. 

What you think?

download.png

Edited by spiderman1917

The First Reich was the most developed , devout, and educated Christian Empire and most influential political force for a thousand years, which is why the first Bible printed was in Germany and the Reformation began in Germany.

It's very sad to see what happened to Germany in the 20th century because Germany has  proven to be per capita one of the most brilliant Nations with a miraculous economy and hard-working overachievers, and for so many centuries had per capita the most devout and zealous Christians.

So many good people with so much potential had to die.  Satan attacks the cream of the crop.

Edited by spiderman1917

I know that everything that happens serves GOD's purposes, even the evil that Satan does. Every war, whether one wants to admit it or not, has been Satan's attempt to extinguish the Jews to prevent the return of Christ. That is what Christians need to know.

Martin Luther made a lot of anti-Semitic comments that Hitler parroted.

By the way, the 2nd Reich flag in the OP is not anything to do with Nazism.

It should  not offended anyone if a person were to fly that flag because it represents an Empire that did far less damage than the Empire the Union Jack represents.

Edited by spiderman1917

2 minutes ago, algots said:

Aside with your fascination with the German worldview, you do know that Nazi Germany did more than just plan the extermination of an entire specific ethnic group do you not?. They experimented on people to further their "Master Race" (of which Hitler's genetic make up was not a part of). I don't seem to recall Great Britain attempting to wipe out all of blacks, or aborigines. Concentration camps are a far cry from the extermination camps designed to facilitate the mass genocide of people (more than just Jews) in the shortest amount of time and most efficient way possible.

Hitler experimented on, as well as murdered, Jews, handicapped (physically as well as mentally), gypsies, communists, "degenerates", and a plethora of many other groups which he deemed not fit to live.

I am not exonerating other groups which committed atrocities both during times of war as well as times of peace, but you cannot place every group on equal grounds just because they killed innocent people.  Look at the motives. Stalin may have slaughtered his own population, but he didn't experiment upon them while they lived.

Yes I was indicating that arguably the British Empire did more damage than Nazi Germany , not that British philosophies or plans were as bad.

Also, in this thread my primary claim was regarding the 2nd reich not the 3rd.  And yes the British did commit genocide and exterminate people.

15 minutes ago, algots said:

You need to take into account the time a specific "empire" is in existence. Yes, because of its longevity, the numbers may be more, but it has nothing to do with its aggressive predispositions. If it kills 50 people per year over the span of 1000 years, of course it will be more than an empire which kills 1000 people per year over the span of 10 years. That does not make the first worse than the second, because if allowed to exist for the thousand years of the first, the numbers of the second would dwarf the first.

Did you include China for comparative purposes?

I consider China and the Soviet Union to have done more damage to this earth than other nations.

The British Empire Fought Wars on every single continent and occupied more countries and territories than Nazi Germany was my point in saying that overall they damaged more of the world.

I see them as a worse Empire than the second and first Reich , and the point of this thread is I'm hoping somebody who disagrees would give their argument and facts as to why.

It doesn't seem to me that the second Reich was more evil than their enemies ,and in fact the War Began with them attacking Serbia in retaliation for assassination.

For some reason it turned into a World War , but it started off as a beef with Serbian nationals.

Why and how Austrian and Germany declaring war on Serbia turned into war with France, Great Britain ,Russia and America is quite ridiculous I think.

Why Great Britain, Russia, and the United States got involved does not make sense, but Germany's invasion of neutral Belgium doesn't make sense either...

So, why did Germany go to war with France?

Got it!  Cuz Russia came to the aid of Serbia _which was none of their business )and France was allied with Russia and hated Germany because of it's defeat in the Franco Prussian war.

Despite Britain hating France they jumped in for spoils, to feed their ego, and they were scared of the German Empire. :D

Sooo stupid a reason for 15 million people to die

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

36 minutes ago, algots said:

Ok, now, for the sake of argument, assuming everything you verbalize is 100% correct, how does this intellectual position help your Spiritual walk?

In many of your post, I see a lot of mental exercises and informational positions, but I fail to see how these views help your Spiritual life or the spiritual lives of others. Maybe, I'm missing something.

since when does everything here have to do with a spiritual walk?   Am I missing something here?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Got it!  Cuz Russia came to the aid of Serbia _which was none of their business )and France was allied with Russia and hated Germany because of it's defeat in the Franco Prussian war.

Despite Britain hating France they jumped in for spoils, to feed their ego, and they were scared of the German Empire. :D

Sooo stupid a reason for 15 million people to die

keep in mind that Satan has been in control of most of the political life on this planet since the days of Nimrod....   None of our governments are God centered within and Satan pretty much gets what he wants on the global scale for most of the higher positions of all follow him whether or not they understand it....... and it's been this way for a really long time.

Why God puts up with it is a total other thread.