• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/6/2016 at 10:52 PM, HeartSearcher said:

Not exactly, the bible does speak of unbelievers men and women who say there is no God and that is what an atheist is. The bible does not speak of the word atheist because that is a word we who speak English use to describe a person who say in their hearts there is no God, the hebrew language as far as I know was never written with the word atheist to describe such a person. The word asteroid is not in the bible either but that is an actual thing the word cell phone isn't in there but it is real

Yes it says in Psalms 14:1 The fool has said in his heart there is no God.  I don't think there is much more to say.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

19 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Yes it says in Psalms 14:1 The fool has said in his heart there is no God.  I don't think there is much more to say.

Though the reason for one being an atheist varies, in all honesty it does kind of make sense I mean an invisible all seeing all knowing all powerful being that you cannot see or even prove exists with facts seems out there, we humans mainly rely on what we can see in every day life much of what we do could not do if we couldn't see and to prove something facts are needed actual physical proof is required or else all we have is words. Dinosaurs are not known to exist because we saw them but because the evidence of them is here, if I said to a person I own a mansion and have 7.9 trillion dollars and am loaded with all kinds of stuff but I was dressed in causal grubby clothes didn't have any kind of features that I lived such a life clothes haircut just things are noticed that show a higher level of living one could easily deduct I was lying.

Honestly I only believed God existed because I raised to believe it and was prone to believing in things that are out there anyways but honestly proving God is real to a person who doesn't believe and isn't willing to in the least bit is the issue and even then simply believing he is real isn't enough to be a Christian I learned this the hard way. I have seen some Christians say athiests are lunatics for not believing in him but I have seen some athiests who show more fruits of the spirit than that of those who claim the title Christian. the issue is being a good person doesn't grant one heaven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

This is an image of a group of fleas discussing how can they know if there is a dog, which is God to them. This is referring to atheists. This is very true. Atheists may not believe in a god or religion, but can ask how do they know there is a god? I chose this because it relates to pop culture because a lot of people are atheists. People question religion all the time and ask if God is real.:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, HeartSearcher said:

Though the reason for one being an atheist varies, in all honesty it does kind of make sense I mean an invisible all seeing all knowing all powerful being that you cannot see or even prove exists with facts seems out there, we humans mainly rely on what we can see in every day life much of what we do could not do if we couldn't see and to prove something facts are needed actual physical proof is required or else all we have is words.

:emot-heartbeat:

What I See

So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. 

The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’ Acts 17:22-28 (New American Standard Bible)

And The Words

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (King James Version)

I Have

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New International Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
2 Corinthians 5:20-21 (King James Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I couldn't agree more heartsearcher, but in responce to the picture posted by bopeep, the fleas can prove that the dog is ther by doing the DNA tests on where they live and can therefore conclude that it is indeed a dog. So a pretty poor analogy there.

It may say in the bible that atheists are idiots, but I imagine in the Quran it could suggest Christians are idiots. Please show me a testable, observable difference between the two.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Goldenshark said:

I couldn't agree more heartsearcher, but in responce to the picture posted by bopeep, the fleas can prove that the dog is ther by doing the DNA tests on where they live and can therefore conclude that it is indeed a dog. So a pretty poor analogy there.

It may say in the bible that atheists are idiots, but I imagine in the Quran it could suggest Christians are idiots. Please show me a testable, observable difference between the two.

Of course you are not a believer. You are going to find any excuse you can against Chrisitanity. Satan loves it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

On undefined at 8:43 PM, Goldenshark said:

Just to start up the convo again, there is such thing as an atheist because I am one, but it really depends on what gods you are talking about. I presume that most of you here are atheists about most of the gods humanity has believed in like Zeus, but some of us just go one god further.

I'm not sure why you're impressed by this argument...I find it hard to fathom why anybody would be, so my first instinct is to assume that you're just having a laugh and trying to get a reaction, but in case you're not this is me biting my tongue, and offering a response that's far more gratious than your comment warrants.

An atheist is someone who denies there is a God.
A theist is someone who believes there is a God. One needn't believe in all Gods to be a theist, one only needs to believe in one to qualify as a theist. A theist therefore is not an atheist in any sense.
To say a theist is an atheist to other gods is like saying that a married man is a bachelor to all the other woman in the world who isn't his spouse. A man is either married or a bachelor. Married men aren't bachelors to other women or in any way.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

On 12 June 2016 at 9:45 PM, LuftWaffle said:

I'm not sure why you're impressed by this argument...I find it hard to fathom why anybody would be, so my first instinct is to assume that you're just having a laugh and trying to get a reaction, but in case you're not this is me biting my tongue, and offering a response that's far more gratious than your comment warrants.

An atheist is someone who denies there is a God.
A theist is someone who believes there is a God. One needn't believe in all Gods to be a theist, one only needs to believe in one to qualify as a theist. A theist therefore is not an atheist in any sense.
To say a theist is an atheist to other gods is like saying that a married man is a bachelor to all the other woman in the world who isn't his spouse. A man is either married or a bachelor. Married men aren't bachelors to other women or in any way.

As an atheist, I agree with you. That argument is logically flawed. I wonder why atheists still use it. It is like like saying that 1 Is almost like 0 because it is only one integer less. Which is nonsense.

Atheists belong to the set of people who do not hold belief in any God. This set is disjoint with the set of people who believe in, at least, one God. Obviously.

:) siegi :)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Content Per Day:  1.19

On 7 April 2016 at 2:18 AM, HAZARD said:

There's no such thing as an atheist according to the Bible.

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

They simply just refuse to believe! It is these who simply refuse to believe there is no God that He will deny knowing as well on the last day.

Matthew 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

John. 20:29, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Psalm 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." 

Psalm 53:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good."

For those who have never heard of God, Jesus, or the Bible, and have lived their lives as decent law abiding persons in the society they were raised and lived in, God will do good by them also, for God is no respecter of persons.

Romans 2: 11, For there is no respect of persons with God.

V, 12, For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

V, 13, (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

V, 14, For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

For those who believe there is no God, this is your lineage;

"Don't be discouraged poor little fly, you'll be a chipmunk by and by.

Ages later I can see, you'll be a full grown chimpanzee.

Next I see with a prophets ken, you'll take place in the ranks of men.

And then in the great sweet by and by, we'll be angels - you and I.

Why should I swat you dear little fly? Prospective chum of my home on high.

This is what Darwin says - not I"

I don't believe in God. I don't believe in any gods. Never did. It is not only that I lack belief in God, I actually believe that there are no Gods.  For all practical purposes , I am a strong atheist, at least to people who likes to play with the semantics of atheism.

Now, you say the Bible claims there are no atheists. 

Logic dictates that either I am a believer in a God, and therefore a liar, or the Bible is wrong.

What do you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

11 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

I don't believe in God. I don't believe in any gods. Never did. It is not only that I lack belief in God, I actually believe that there are no Gods.  For all practical purposes , I am a strong atheist, at least to people who likes to play with the semantics of atheism.

Now, you say the Bible claims there are no atheists. 

Logic dictates that either I am a believer in a God, and therefore a liar, or the Bible is wrong.

What do you think?

i understand why people say 'there is no such thing as an atheist' -- but i still don't like to say that. the justification for this statement is a little muddy, though it does make a nice bumper sticker: 

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ATHEISTS

i think more succinctly put, the scriptures say that you are a fool (re: Psalm 14:1, 53:1). that you are self-deceived, and further blinded by the god of this age (re: 2 Corinthians 4:4), knowing that God is (re: Romans 1:20-21), but lying to yourself, having a corrupt mind that is darkened in its thinking (re: Titus 1:15) so that you are without knowledge of Him, though the very molecules that make up your grey matter know of a certainty that He is. 

if we had to choose one of your two logical conclusions, the truth is closer to the first one - that you are a 'liar.'
in fact, that all non-believers are 'liars,' because Jesus is the Truth and absence of truth is .. "lies."

i get why you say what you say too, and by the dictionary definition of "atheist" you are quite correct. 
((which is why i don't like that 'bumper sticker' phrase)) -- the problem with that statement about there being no such thing as atheists hinges on "belief" -- which is how "atheism" is defined. epistemology is different than belief, and i think that passage in Romans is speaking about actual knowledge, not "belief" -- so as far as i'm concerned you still get to keep your "atheist card" lol

is that a relief?? 
:laugh: