IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well, I kind of like the ideal of the "come as you are".

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

12 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This must have all taken place way before my time. So your saying people stop coming to church because the church allowed people to "come as they are" so to speak? Somehow I think people have stop attending church for reasons other then churches doing away with dress codes.

I agree there, LK.  While some may object to the 'come as you are' thing, most have stopped coming because they have fallen away.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessngs Lady

I say those things. But I never look down on people who want to dress up for church. I see that as really none of my business. Actually I look at their clothes sometimes and wish that I had the money to buy some nice clothes like they have. But I don't. And I really do not have a dress code for myself. I switch off from wearing a skirt to a dress to  wearing jeans from time to time. The thing is is that I only have 1 skirt and 1 dress.  Bottom line is a dress code church just would not work for me. And I simply would not want to attend a church who was more concern with what people are wearing then with people who are hurting. Think what you want of me. But that is how I feel. :th_wave:

I would hope that you know me well enough to realize that I don't think any differently about you regardless of what you feel ,think,reply or wear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WE have communicated for quite some time here on Worthy,,,,,you are my Sister,I love you,,,,,,it does not change,,,,,:emot-heartbeat:

It is funny,before I was diagnosed with cancer I started gaining weight(a lot-lol) I already knew it was cancer but I wanted to continue working as I was all alone & would be without an income ,,,,I put it off(going to the hospital) & then I just could not function anymore from the intense pain,,,,,the inevitable finally happened,I was sick,alone,no money,no income,going through chemo/radiation & it was quite a struggle but I never missed Sunday service,at times I even "literally" crawled through the doors to the church,,,,,,,I had no clothes,nothing fit except some stretchy pants & maybe one stretchy skirt(hardly fit),,,,,,,,,,,,,one day at church I mentioned to my Sisters in Christ that I had no "church clothes",,,,,,Sis,I got TONS of beautiful dresses,skirts & blouses from all the gals that went through their closets to outfit me for Service,,,,,,where there is a will,there is a way,,,,,,,,,,,,it just depends on where your heart is,the Lord Provides,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have been in some pretty dire straights,with hardly even enough to buy food but glory to God,I have never went one single day WITHOUT what I need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus                                       With love-in Christ,kwik

Guest shiloh357
Just now, LadyKay said:

It is cool to just let people come as they are, but at the same time, that should never be taken as a license for people to show up wearing T-tops and flip-flops and looking like they just got done barbequing at the beach.

There is still an aspect of holiness that ought to accompany our motives and attitudes when going to church.  No one has to show up in a three piece suit, but at the same time, we should not be flippant.    We are going to church (or at least we should be) to honor and connect with the Lord.   He is still our most dread sovereign and our the one who gave his life for us.   We ought to show up in a manner that is worthy of the one who created us, and the one who has redeemed us.  

If I were invited to have an audience with the governor of my state, I would dress appropriately.  Heck, if I am going for a job interview, I put on a good, clean outfit and I make a good clean impression on the prospective employer.   

I think that Lord deserves at least as much honor as these kinds of people do.   We tend to think that since God doesn't judge on the outside, that the outside doesn't matter, and isn't true.   How you keep yourself on the outside actually says a lot about you, more than you probably realize.  

Guest Butero
17 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

You should be happy, because those kind of churches are now the norm and not the exception.  It used to be the complete opposite, but still, if one looks hard enough, there are still churches with a dress code.  For someone like me, the difficulty is more in finding a Trinitarian, full gospel church like that.  I can find a bunch of Independent Baptist churches that have a dress code and use the KJV Bible, but the closest full gospel church that I agree with that isn't "Jesus only" is 70 miles away in Charlotte.  I like the standards they uphold in the United Pentecostal Church, but they have too many obviously false doctrines as well. 

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

While I can see and understand both viewpoints here, I do think it's a shame to have any person chastised because of clothing.  

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It is cool to just let people come as they are, but at the same time, that should never be taken as a license for people to show up wearing T-tops and flip-flops and looking like they just got done barbequing at the beach.

There is still an aspect of holiness that ought to accompany our motives and attitudes when going to church.  No one has to show up in a three piece suit, but at the same time, we should not be flippant.    We are going to church (or at least we should be) to honor and connect with the Lord.   He is still our most dread sovereign and our the one who gave his life for us.   We ought to show up in a manner that is worthy of the one who created us, and the one who has redeemed us.  

If I were invited to have an audience with the governor of my state, I would dress appropriately.  Heck, if I am going for a job interview, I put on a good, clean outfit and I make a good clean impression on the prospective employer.   

I think that Lord deserves at least as much honor as these kinds of people do.   We tend to think that since God doesn't judge on the outside, that the outside doesn't matter, and isn't true.   How you keep yourself on the outside actually says a lot about you, more than you probably realize.  

Well God has never told me what I should be wearing to church. He seems to have left that choice up to me. Since God seems okay with my choice of clothing  and seeing as he is the one I will be worshiping at church, then I think what I am wearing is okay.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well God has never told me what I should be wearing to church. He seems to have left that choice up to me. Since God seems okay with my choice of clothing  and seeing as he is the one I will be worshiping at church, then I think what I am wearing is okay.

It's not a matter of God telling you what to wear.  It is a matter having our own personal sense that we going to church to honor Him and He deserves more than anyone else to be honored in all that we do, say, wear, etc.   If we take the attitude that God should just be happy with what we choose offer him, are we really honoring Him or just pleasing our self?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

It's not a matter of God telling you what to wear.  It is a matter having our own personal sense that we going to church to honor Him and He deserves more than anyone else to be honored in all that we do, say, wear, etc.   If we take the attitude that God should just be happy with what we choose offer him, are we really honoring Him or just pleasing our self?

You are judging me. You are accusing me of not honoring God because my choice of clothing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1974

What would I do? 

Be grateful.