IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Nobody said you ever were Rusty,nor is anyone saying anything about the girls that do wear slacks,Butero is saying it is a double standard & it actually is.....if they made skirts,like kilts,for men(sold in the mens section of the dept store )it may take a while but before long it would probably get trendy & be acceptable.....it w4ould still be men wearing skirts to me,how about you?-lol    Kind of a silly conversation,isn't it?

After reading Justa Mirrors reply it made me think alot about h ow society has accepted many things & has adapted to  different trends & styles..............it's hard to tell which way is up sometimes,especially for people our age & younger,we grew up in the USA where pretty much,anything goes,people dress however they like

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Your message will always be misunderstood because nobody "listens"

No. I am listing alright. What I am doing is disagreeing. With that said I could say the same thing about Butero. He does not seem to be "listening " to me when I have tried to inform him that women jeans and men jeans are made differently. But I think he is mostly disagreeing with me. Unless he is not reading my info on the difference between women's and men's jeans. Then I would say that is what "not listing is." As for me. I read what  Butero's said and I disagree. Therefor I am disagreeing. I am not refusing to listen. :soapbox:

,like kilts,for men(sold in the mens section of the dept store )it may take a while but before long it would probably get trendy & be acceptable...

I take it you have never been to a Renaissance Fair before. Where it is perfectly acceptable for a man to wear a kilt. In fact it is acceptable for men in many parts of the world to wear a kilt. 

God Bless you too Brother.....

I certainly do understand the others positions though & as I mentioned(especially for those that our younger,younger than us-lol)and even for people in our age bracket,we live in a very tolerant society,things are acceptable today that were not at an earlier time,it is very difficult to know "which way is up",so to speak. Sometimes Brother,I wonder what God thinks about how we ,as a society,have changed so much and have become so,errr "liberal"......my husband & I were talking about that last night,he says it is really between the individual & God,personal convictions.....I'm not so sure Butero,God does not change ,He is the Same Yesterday,Today & Forevermore......perhaps these seem like petty little trivialities to some but for me it is really hard to just go with the flow,just because I live in His Grace I still want to be pleasing & acceptable and make every effort I can to put forth the very "best"I can,for Him as a Living Testimony.....I dunno,I think it is all significant & important but perhaps that is just what "I" am Called to do.......                       Love ya Brother.......Praise & Glory Precious Jesus............Kwik

See. I knew it was pointless. We are back where we started.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

Sounds like your Pastor is more concerned about appearance than the word of God. I would leave and let your pastor know why.Please remember to do this with respect. It could be that if enough people do this He will change His thinking.

I want to get back to the original topic. I want to ask a question to those on here who think that the church should have a dress code of men in suits and ladies in dresses. I am wondering what is it that the church who has such a dress code requirement is trying to doing. I mean what would be the point of a dress code? Would it be to just make the church look nice? While I can understand that some feel they must dress up for church other wise it is a sin not too. To me this is more of an issue between a person and God.  Just as someone in church may feel it is a sin to shop on Sunday. While someone else feels there is nothing wrong with shopping on Sunday as long as you do it after church.  Do you feel like the church would be somehow shamed if a few of your members walked in wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts? That if someone on the outside saw this they would think badly of your church?  While you may think that wearing t-shirt and shorts to church is a sin. The sin would be on that person wouldn't it?  I don't know? I am having a hard time trying to put my point into words. Country Clubs and upscale restraints have dress codes in order to look fancy and to keep certain people out.  Would a church that has a dress code be trying to look fancy and only wanting those whom they believe are saved to attended? If you say well we will let you in the first time without a suit and without a dress. But next time you come you need to be dressed up  or else we will let you know you are not welcome here?  Or we won't allow you  to teach or hold any office in the church because your clothing choice shows you are not truly saved?   I'm not trying to continue the argument. I am trying to understand the point of a dress code in church because I am truly not understanding a church making such a rule.  Thank you for your understanding and God Bless.

Blessings Patrolman

Welcome to Worthy,glad you have joined us!     Glory to God!!!!

Sounds like your Pastor is more concerned about appearance than the word of God. I would leave and let your pastor know why.Please remember to do this with respect. It could be that if enough people do this He will change His thinking.

I think this Topic has been "off-Topic" for long enough,honestly......There is no pastor,there is no church,there is really no "real person" concerned about anyones appearance.....I was the OP & the Thread was written as an imaginary scenario.....the question was that if YOUR Pastor,at the church YOU attend announced that there was now a "dress code" put in place & all members were required to comply......would you comply or go elsewhere? Keep in mind that if anyone could not afford or simply did not have the proper attire ,it would all be provided for you or whoever requested assistance.........So in all actuality the Topic was not necessarily targeting appearance or attire but maybe it was more about rules or authority????? The reason I used "dress code" is because I have found that although many people seem to protest with the same old rebuttal "God looks at your heart".......it seems to me that if it is so irrelevant then what is the difference what you are required to wear for one or two hours one day a week? 

People say they love their church,it's fantastic,the preacher is so wonderful,I hear such beautiful Word from God & so on & so on BUT,the moment you tell them they cannot wear what they choose to wear...........well,whats your opinion? Now also,many responded with "why did the Pastor do that?" or "I would tell him this or that"......it's all about accountability,lets try not to scrutinize & just reply why you would or would not and your reasons for doing so.....that about sums it up & puts us back on Topic

Personally,I do dress up for Worshipping my King,that's just me......so,just to be fair I will reverse the situation & I really would not like the idea of dressing down to enter the Court of God Most High......I'm sure I would protest & possibly think about going somewhere more reverent BUT if I was that thrilled with my church then I would comply(although it does even seem it could happen that way-lol),I could be uncomfortable for an hour or two, I would not create a fuss because I comply with standards set by my leaders ,as long as nothing they do or say opposes Gods Word.....                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik                                         

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Patrolman

Welcome to Worthy,glad you have joined us!     Glory to God!!!!

I think this Topic has been "off-Topic" for long enough,honestly......There is no pastor,there is no church,there is really no "real person" concerned about anyones appearance.....I was the OP & the Thread was written as an imaginary scenario.....the question was that if YOUR Pastor,at the church YOU attend announced that there was now a "dress code" put in place & all members were required to comply......would you comply or go elsewhere? Keep in mind that if anyone could not afford or simply did not have the proper attire ,it would all be provided for you or whoever requested assistance.........So in all actuality the Topic was not necessarily targeting appearance or attire but maybe it was more about rules or authority????? The reason I used "dress code" is because I have found that although many people seem to protest with the same old rebuttal "God looks at your heart".......it seems to me that if it is so irrelevant then what is the difference what you are required to wear for one or two hours one day a week? 

People say they love their church,it's fantastic,the preacher is so wonderful,I hear such beautiful Word from God & so on & so on BUT,the moment you tell them they cannot wear what they choose to wear...........well,whats your opinion? Now also,many responded with "why did the Pastor do that?" or "I would tell him this or that"......it's all about accountability,lets try not to scrutinize & just reply why you would or would not and your reasons for doing so.....that about sums it up & puts us back on Topic

Personally,I do dress up for Worshipping my King,that's just me......so,just to be fair I will reverse the situation & I really would not like the idea of dressing down to enter the Court of God Most High......I'm sure I would protest & possibly think about going somewhere more reverent BUT if I was that thrilled with my church then I would comply(although it does even seem it could happen that way-lol),I could be uncomfortable for an hour or two, I would not create a fuss because I comply with standards set by my leaders ,as long as nothing they do or say opposes Gods Word.....                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik                                         

Well, I did give my thoughts on how I felt about the matter and I think others did too.  Then the topic went off from there and we ended up arguing about men wearing dresses or something like that. So yes things did run a muck so to say, but I really don't see anything to complain about. People here said what they thought before it all went off track. I am wondering as I sit here typing this: did Paul have anything to say about how we should dress for church? I ask because he had so much to say about who should be doing what in the church and how things should be done.  Just wondering if he addressed clothing. Though back then maybe people only had one set of clothes? Just wondering though.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

James 1: 1 thru 4

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, "You sit here in a good place," and you say to the poor man, "You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool," have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?