IGNORED

Why do people say, Catholics are Christians ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

okay lets stay on topic, and let me answer you, oranges are oranges ? , oranges are not bananas ?

so just like you say don't you know that the Mormon religion is a cult, ? your words to me, .

I say I was a catholic, and it was a cult,  for its religious rituals and beliefs and what it does,  and serves to others to follow , in the traditions of men, and so that would separate the two, ?

I also told you I have family as catholics, and they worship a different jesus , and to be born again, is to not be following anything other then the bible it self , and a personal relationship with God,, my family is catholic, and I have many friends the same, and this is why I am a Christian, for the ways of the following is taught and what they believe,

this is the truth , and if you want to go by feelings over truth then that would be  something you need to deal with , but , you cannot come at me, as you , did, and be angry, ? this is learning and teaching of truth , and many cannot handle the truth , ?

thank you

For the second time, I am NOT angry.  Disagreeing with your opinion is not anger nor is it 'personal' and there are no 'feelings' in anything I post. I am talking facts; Protestantism split off from the Catholic church about five hundred years ago.  The RCC has added many man made traditions and rituals, this is true.  They don't worship a different Jesus and they DO recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah. 

No worse that you calling Mormons unchristian, or JWs.

But let me guess, if it's your friends, it's a bad thing to call them unchristian.

Maybe, you should refrain from interrupting the conversation between two people next time.

You and your friend, SS, don't own this forum and I will post wherever I please. Stirring that pot must get tiring.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

JW's and Mormons do not believe in the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible. They know another Jesus Christ. Therefore that does not make them a Christian.

have you spoken to JWs or Mormons lately, see what they tell you , on what they call them selves the Jws say they follow Jesus , like us, and the Mormons, say they follow jesus also , I have had both  come, to my house,  and I have talked to both, and now they don't want to come, to my house, for I am ready with my bible, and they cannot have you lead the conversation,  thank you

so are you saying that the catholics follow the same Jesus , christians do ? that is not correct,, if they are following the formulated operation of the church that be false, for as they walk into the church , they get holy water and  start from there, ? do you grab holy water as a Christian walking into  a church, of Christians ?

You and your friend, SS, don't own this forum and I will post wherever I please. Stirring that pot must get tiring.

who is my friend, and when i post a topic its not ment to be derailed, and who would be responsible for that ?

you are angry and now ,making it that I don't run this place, I never, said anything like that, so why are you angry, I am trying to stay on topic, and you refuse to do what you said by staying on topic ?

i believe the label Christian has been broadened over the years into more of just a profession of what one believes. It's similar to how the word Jew has changed over the years into something more diverse group of people. Hopefully Christ shines through each of us and it's not about a label as much as it is the life of Christ living in us.

I believe you're right.  But for some there has to be discord.  Great post.

who is my friend, and when i post a topic its not ment to be derailed, and who would be responsible for that ?

you are angry and now ,making it that I don't run this place, I never, said anything like that, so why are you angry, I am trying to stay on topic, and you refuse to do what you said by staying on topic ?

Read algots post to me and you will know. But I'm not angry. So why do you think Catholics aren't Christian?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

have you spoken to JWs or Mormons lately, see what they tell you , on what they call them selves the Jws say they follow Jesus , like us, and the Mormons, say they follow jesus also , I have had both  come, to my house,  and I have talked to both, and now they don't want to come, to my house, for I am ready with my bible, and they cannot have you lead the conversation,  thank you

so are you saying that the catholics follow the same Jesus , christians do ? that is not correct,, if they are following the formulated operation of the church that be false, for as they walk into the church , they get holy water and  start from there, ? do you grab holy water as a Christian walking into  a church, of Christians ?

Holy water has nothing to do with it. Some Catholics do believe in Jesus Christ the living Son of God who died on the Cross for our sins. The other stuff is just icing on the cake. The JW's and Mormons do not believe in the same Jesus that is in the Holy Bible.

Read algots post to me and you will know. But I'm not angry. So why do you think Catholics aren't Christian?

I gave you my answer are you not reading what I wrote ?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

okay , I wanted to ask , if Christians believe what they do , and I claim to follow the bible, , and then ,

You are in conflict with the first disciples of Jesus Christ, non of them has made this kind of statement. 

you have Catholics, and they go to catholic churches, ? then why do people say that they are both the same ?

The people who go to catholic churches, 98% of them are celebrating the good Friday and the Easter Sunday, and are baptizing their children in the name of Jesus, and at the same time are declaring that if you have Jesus you have the Father and the Holy Ghost. 

They are proclaiming that the new arrival is going to be taught the faith of Jesus  Christ, whether there is a bible available or not.

they have there own catholic bible and there own religious ways, and it is way different from a non denomination Christian bible church,

you do not need a bible to believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior.

I have also noticed and heard from members here that we are both the same and there is no difference ?

The so call "Christians", today are more away of the teachings of the disciples than the people they have judge as not been " Christians".

in the so call "Christian" modern culture you can find more distortions in their teachings than in any other Christian denomination. Because that what is "Catholic", it is a Christian denomination. 

I believe I know the difference, and so why would, any one say its the same,? and we both worship the same ? 

It is the same when it comes down to the roots of their beliefs.

The proper statement to make should be that the so called Christians are the same as the other Christian families who were before them, because they were before them and they are a branch from them.

That's what the Fathers of the separatists said:

We were Christians all the time, we were Christians when we were Under the Catholic Authority, and we are still Christians even thought we do not follow the Catholic tradition now.

We never stopped been a Christian.

We had the faith of Jesus Christ all the time, before and after.

The most horrible distortions I have heard from those calling them self's " Christians"

For quoting scriptures and waiving the bible that does not nesserily mean that you got everything right.

By that it does not mean that we have to accept all the teachings, of the Catholic Church, as we don't have to accept the horrible diversions and twisting the scriptures of some so called " Christians".

At the end one thing unites us all,

Faith that Jesus Christ died for us and that he is raised from the dead, and that he is in Heaven.

I am not a Catholic my self, but that does not mean, that I am going to join you in your erronious judgment that the Catholics who have faith in Jesus Christ, that they do not have a Savior, because they do.

Holy water has nothing to do with it. Some Catholics do believe in Jesus Christ the living Son of God who died on the Cross for our sins. The other stuff is just icing on the cake. The JW's and Mormons do not believe in the same Jesus that is in the Holy Bible.

you have just side step , from the start and did not answer my question, this is why , there is no understanding  of the difference, you have just chose to over look what I just said, ? and it has a lot to do with man made rituals, from the entering of the church