IGNORED

Why do people say, Catholics are Christians ?

SINNERSAVED

Do you even know what the essentials of the Christian faith are?

The Catholics say, as a Doctrine, that Mary helps us out in our redemption...Jesus isn't able to do it ALONE.

This is not accurate. The Roman Church is the only Catholic Church that teaches this. I do not believe the Eastern or Greek Orthodox hold this doctrine.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

Well SS this is most interesting and informative post, and I  would suggest it might have been better if you had written this before  and then followed with your question .You too are one of the most aware spiritual people here ,and does it not occur to you ,that maybe ,just maybe your background has something to do with who you are ,how you think ,and that although you wish as I do, to know more about the bible, as it satisfies my intellectual curiosity ,and allows me to talk more about the Lord  in a knowledgeable way ,to say I am saved ,  is  too arrogant  for me to assume    .

What I believe,  is that generosity of the heart and courage to stand up to false ideas is something God desires , ; so ,as well as our focus on making Him our centre we must .......not assume that the people you talk about, because they know less intellectually about the bible are not saved . Maybe if it is the 'heart intentions, which save, they are saved, and  too literal bible readers are not . Something to think about ? ?

I find it how funny when some one needs to be above on scripture as in a teaching to a younger person, or one that is not understanding and starting out, I get what you said, but I also see that, if we  want to set a understanding we need to search the heart first, and so ,  I have explained, again for something I did not have to do , so that we can be clear, on what the topic is about, 

what it comes down is two things and two different people, reguardless of back ground and reguradless, of there education,  for if you be rich or you be poor,  if you are smart , and if you are not , if it be of free or bond, all falls into two categories and it is , saved ? and not saved ? this is what matters to God, are we waliking in Gods grace, and commanments and instructions, and all the teachings given to us by the Son of God, or are we rejecting , not wanting anything to do with God, and so it is clear, black or white, there is no gray area, ?

so how do we know if we be saved or not , well, we examine our selves to see if we are doing and following what God said to do , putting it in our lives, or rejecting, and just living for the day to day in the world and what ever happens , will happens, with no hope, and thought for our souls and for a God, ? this is a good start, to love God with all that I am and all that I have, and then to love others and your neighbor as your self, if we are trying to do these two, then we are on the road of the straight and narrow,

but if we do not care and judge others , and what we feel and want of our selves, then we walk as the blind and fall in to the ditch, for all that walks the wide and broad road, are blinded and all fall into the ditch,, for they do not know the love of God, and so they do not know how to love, ? fact.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

This not true at least it is not a central part of the doctrine of the Church .It is a concession i my opinion to those men especially who have need of a female figure to look up to ,and she is after all the mother of the earthly Jesus ,without whom  He would not have been able to be our Saviour .  He chose her, from all the possible women ever created ,so if you don't think she is special , it says more about you ,than about the immature Catholics who are finding their way .

mary , is the mother of God, Emmanuel . but she was the vessel , for God to be , yes ? but she was also a women that went on to have children and a husband, she was blessed, but it ends there., it is about God the Son of God, and only the son of God, for all authority is given unto Him, and until He brings all power and heaven and earth in to control, then he gives it over to the father, and so its yahuhsua  and so we are not to make any thing under the heavens or below to be a image, to follow, it is scripture , about that, and so , if you want to hold to it as technical, eve came from adam, and so , who came first, not the women , but the man, it says this in Genesis, that's correct and truth ,?

thank you

Guest Teditis

The Catholics say, as a Doctrine, that Mary helps us out in our redemption...Jesus isn't able to do it ALONE.

I have never heard of this before... it sounds more like a myth... can you cite a Catholic source for this information?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

That is enough right there to declare whatever group non Orthodox and not a true Christian group. 

mary , is the mother of God, Emmanuel . but she was the vessel , for God to be , yes ? but she was also a women that went on to have children and a husband, she was blessed, but it ends there., it is about God the Son of God, and only the son of God, for all authority is given unto Him, and until He brings all power and heaven and earth in to control, then he gives it over to the father, and so its yahuhsua  and so we are not to make any thing under the heavens or below to be a image, to follow, it is scripture , about that, and so , if you want to hold to it as technical, eve came from adam, and so , who came first, not the women , but the man, it says this in Genesis, that's correct and truth ,?

thank you

Mary is indeed not the mother of God, for God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Blessed be the name of the Father of Lights who cannot die and no mortal can lay claim to giving him a physical existence.

Blessed be the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who voluntarily layed aside his divinity for the weakness of humanity(provided by mary) and humbled himself to the death for humanity. Mary is mother of the man Christ Jesus, just as Abraham and David are considered his fathers from an earthly lineage. 

Nowhere in scripture is any human being called the mother of God. As the eternal word he created mary. She was a vessel to give him his weakness and susceptibility to death so that he can wrest the power of death from satan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

That is simply not true,  not all do. Generally speaking the ones that do accept Jesus and reject the RCC dogma and non-biblical doctrine don't generally stay in the Catholic Church they go seeking else where.

That is correct.  And we need to be crystal clear in saying "Catholics are not Christians" vs "The Catholic Church is not follow Bible Christianity". Only God knows the hearts of people, and many are ignorant.  Some Catholics may indeed be saved by grace, yet remain in that false religious system (for whatever reasons).  

But those who make the effort to distinguish between truth and error leave the RCC (or any other Catholic church).  Many Catholics are *good*, moral, clean-living people (just like many Mormons) but their doctrine is false. Those on the outside can only judge the system, not the hearts of those within the system, when they are not in leadership.

When it comes to the hierarchy of the RCC, that is another matter. These men (starting with the Pope) claim to know the Bible, yet promote their false teachings.  They are false teachers, and will be judged accordingly.  Also, every person who can read will be held accountable. The Holy Bible is accessible to all, and it is the Word of God. When a person sees what is in Scripture and then compares what his church teaches, it becomes his responsibility to follow the Bible and abandon the doctrines of men (which also applies to Protestants and non-Catholics).

Are you serious? Are you refusing to exercise discernment? Really?  You just accept anyone?

WOW!!! What a statement. It's no wonder American Christianity is as powerless and as confused as it is.  Everyone is right and no one is wrong.

You're going to presume to tell me that Martin Luther was in error. You're going to attempt to tell me that you know more than Luther about Catholicism.

I don't know what's more troubling. You criticizing someone for calling an unorthodox religion false, or you thinking that this unorthodox religion isn't false.

Lol I know my grammar andctyping skills are horrible but I was actually agreeibg with you 100%.

Guest Thallasa

I would be more inclined to disagree and reverse your determinations. I would trust him over you. I think he knows more about Catholicism than you.

Well I will ask this question (something I never really thought about before ); If Mary had refused ,how would Jesus have been born ?   

Guest Thallasa

Mary is indeed not the mother of God, for God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Blessed be the name of the Father of Lights who cannot die and no mortal can lay claim to giving him a physical existence.

Blessed be the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who voluntarily layed aside his divinity for the weakness of humanity(provided by mary) and humbled himself to the death for humanity. Mary is mother of the man Christ Jesus, just as Abraham and David are considered his fathers from an earthly lineage. 

Nowhere in scripture is any human being called the mother of God. As the eternal word he created mary. She was a vessel to give him his weakness and susceptibility to death so that he can wrest the power of death from satan.

To say mother of God is certainly questionable ,but the way many protestants treat Mary is a disgrace ,and will I am sure be counted against them  . If we can know them by their fruits, I would too, say that Catholic and Orthodox societies are kinder and fairer, and more beautiful than protestant ones in general , as I have seen from living in several countries in Europe .