IGNORED

Why do people say, Catholics are Christians ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I was looking at my bible and put it side by side, and where my KJV says gentile  the catholic bible said heathen ,

that is odd, why would it say that, ? any one know why that is used instead of Gentile,  ?

the new world translation of the Jw says heathen also , why not Gentile ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

this has nothing to do with bashing any one, so before you say its about  something that its not , its a fair topic and it really does happen, and so why would you want to get angry again? I was raised a catholic until I became a Christian and so this is a topic of understanding and that's all,  we don't need to go off topic thank you

There's the 'angry' thing again.  I'm not angry at all so let's not presume because THAT is going off topic.  If you were raised Catholic then you should know the answer.

There's the 'angry' thing again.  I'm not angry at all so let's not presume because THAT is going off topic.  If you were raised Catholic then you should know the answer.

if we do not post any topic there will be no conversation, and so why are you making it personal,   you just got angry, ?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

There are several things that the Catholic believes in that makes me scratch my head but that does not mean that someone who is Catholic is not a born again Christian. We need to look at this:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

That is simply not true,  not all do. Generally speaking the ones that do accept Jesus and reject the RCC dogma and non-biblical doctrine don't generally stay in the Catholic Church they go seeking else where.

I'm going by what Catholic friends tell me and what I read.  Calling Catholics nonchristian is a VERY bad road to go down. 

if we do not post any topic there will be no conversation, and so why are you making it personal,   you just got angry, ?

Personal?  I don't know you from Adam, how could it be personal until you start telling me I'm 'angry'.  A tactic you have used over and over in different threads.  I really don't care what you think of my anger, or lack thereof, can you just stay on the topic?  Why do you believe Catholics aren't Christian?

Personal?  I don't know you from Adam, how could it be personal until you start telling me I'm 'angry'.  A tactic you have used over and over in different threads.  I really don't care what you think of my anger, or lack thereof, can you just stay on the topic?  Why do you believe Catholics aren't Christian?

okay lets stay on topic, and let me answer you, oranges are oranges ? , oranges are not bananas ?

so just like you say don't you know that the Mormon religion is a cult, ? your words to me, .

I say I was a catholic, and it was a cult,  for its religious rituals and beliefs and what it does,  and serves to others to follow , in the traditions of men, and so that would separate the two, ?

I also told you I have family as catholics, and they worship a different jesus , and to be born again, is to not be following anything other then the bible it self , and a personal relationship with God,, my family is catholic, and I have many friends the same, and this is why I am a Christian, for the ways of the following is taught and what they believe,

this is the truth , and if you want to go by feelings over truth then that would be  something you need to deal with , but , you cannot come at me, as you , did, and be angry, ? this is learning and teaching of truth , and many cannot handle the truth , ?

thank you

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

JW's and Mormons do not believe in the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible. They know another Jesus Christ. Therefore that does not make them a Christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

i believe the label Christian has been broadened over the years into more of just a profession of what one believes. It's similar to how the word Jew has changed over the years into something more diverse group of people. Hopefully Christ shines through each of us and it's not about a label as much as it is the life of Christ living in us.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I'm going by what Catholic friends tell me and what I read.  Calling Catholics nonchristian is a VERY bad road to go down. 

I known some Catholics who are born again Christians, so to say that all Catholics are lost would be an error. Another error would be to say all Catholics are saved.

I was once assigned by a mentor to visit services of a variety of churches. I visited a Congregational church, a Catholic church, a Lutheran church, and a Unitarian Universalist church.

One thing in common with the first three churches was that they all believed the Jesus was born of a virgin, died for sin and rose again. They all believed that Jesus is God. They all believed that salvation is through Jesus. With these basics, which are unique to Christianity, all of the first three can be classified as 'Christian churches'. No other religion believes in these basics. So from a generic view, the first three are Christian religions. The Unitarian Universalist church is another story. They doubt that Jesus was born of a virgin, do not believe Jesus is God. They mention maybe, that Jesus died for sin but do not view that statement as a salvation message, a they somewhat have a celebration on Easter, more about food and chocolate bunnies, but it is more of a spring festival and not about Jesus resurrection. The Unitarian Universalist church is not Christian. They also believe in mother earth and any other goddess which suits their fancy.

So, the Catholic church is a generically Christian church, and it teaches enough truth so that some might be saved. But they add to the work of Jesus with additional works and those who believe in the additional works to be saved, fail to have any real faith in Jesus. Catholicism is more a tradition for them. Catholicism is very sin aware, but the solution for that sin is not purely faith in Jesus alone.