IGNORED

Paul Says 3 Groups Should Be Silent in the Church ....

Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

It doesn't say "if you are her daughters, you will do what she does".

It says, you will do what is right.  What is right?  Respecting and reverencing your husband.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Okay a few things I would like to comment on.

but because God said not to do it that way and so we shouldn't.

Where does God say that women should not be pastors? I know that Paul said they shouldn't speak ect ect. But that is what Paul said. But I do not see anywhere in the Bible where God says women should not be pastors. Well there could be some laws in the Old Testament, but we are no longer under Old Testament laws. Well I don't know everything but I like to sound like I do. So anyway enlighten me.

I feel that Paul is possibly talking about disruptive speaking. The church at Corinth has SO MANY problems. Wives talking out loud and asking questions could have been one of them. This WHOLE chapter is about maintaining order when tongues and prophesy are going on in the church –

If I was Paul, I may have done the same thing. If women were disrupting the service with endless questions I may have made a rule that said "hey, you people need to be silent and wait till after the service and ask your husband these questions." I mean I can see how a pastor now days would not like to have their sermons interrupted by endless questions or arguments from the congregation.

So anywho, these are my thoughts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Okay a few things I would like to comment on.

Where does God say that women should not be pastors? I know that Paul said they shouldn't speak ect ect. But that is what Paul said. But I do not see anywhere in the Bible where God says women should not be pastors. Well there could be some laws in the Old Testament, but we are no longer under Old Testament laws. Well I don't know everything but I like to sound like I do. So anyway enlighten me.

If I was Paul, I may have done the same thing. If women were disrupting the service with endless questions I may have made a rule that said "hey, you people need to be silent and wait till after the service and ask your husband these questions." I mean I can see how a pastor now days would not like to have their sermons interrupted by endless questions or arguments from the congregation.

So anywho, these are my thoughts.

Well the qualifications are laid out pretty clear. A Husband, a good leader of his own household, etc. Where is a woman ever said to rule her household over her husband?

"Titus 1:6-9 NIV
An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. [7] Since an overseer manages God's household, he must be blameless---not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. [8] Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. [9] He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it."

Notice all the "HE must be" in connection to the qualification?

15 minutes ago, Jayne said:

It doesn't say "if you are her daughters, you will do what she does".

It says, you will do what is right.  What is right?  Respecting and reverencing your husband.

Uhhh, I didn't say "if you are". I disputed the fact that you said Sarah was not the subject. The little word also does connect her to the reverence of the husband as an example to all women.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, saved34 said:

Uhhh, I didn't say "if you are". I disputed the fact that you said Sarah was not the subject. The little word also does connect her to the reverence of the husband as an example to all women.

So are you saying that wives are to call their husbands, lord?  Just cut to the chase.

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Good thought. I have a thought/question I would like to add. Paul was human. And humans have flaws. Could some of these flaws have come out in his letters to the church. That is what the book of Corinthians is. Letters Paul wrote to them. I do not think that Paul ever thought that these letters would be seen and followed as part of the Holy Bible. They give very good advice for Christian living and I do believe that God did speak to Paul and what God said to Paul came out in the letters as well. But I also think that Paul like the rest of us humans could have wrote things to the church at the time that maybe he should have said what he said in a different way. Now please do not accuse me of not believing that Bible is God's word because of these thoughts/questions I have. I have posted stuff like this before on here only to be accused of not believing in the word of God and not following the Bible. I believe in the word of God and I follow the teachings of Christ as best as I can. But I to am not without flaws. And from my study of Paul's teachings. I really do think that Paul may have gotten a few things wrong. If you disagree that is fine. But please again, do not accuse me of not believing in the word of God. I am just a seeker in this world.

Can YOU show us all where Paul contradicted Jesus Christ - since you think DavidJayJordan presented "good thoughts". 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

Can YOU show us all where Paul contradicted Jesus Christ - since you think DavidJayJordan presented "good thoughts". 

I think that I can but it will take some time for me to do so. I do not think he contradicted Christ in everything. Just in maybe a few things. And again these are just my thoughts and I do have so many thoughts when it comes to the Bible. So anyway I will get back to you as soon as I can.

This is what happens when we as Christians run into scripture we don't like. So sad and simply unacceptable. Op I know you are not in that camp but this is what explaining away clear scripture leads to. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 4/13/2016 at 4:24 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

if you are into church, study Paul. If you are full time disciple of the Lord, put the Lord';s words first and forget Paul when he contradicts Jesus. Obey the Lord and serve in all ways just like a man... even as the Bride of Christ.

Paul never contradicted Jesus.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 13/04/2016 at 3:24 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

if you are into church, study Paul. If you are full time disciple of the Lord, put the Lord';s words first and forget Paul when he contradicts Jesus. Obey the Lord and serve in all ways just like a man... even as the Bride of Christ.

David,

You statement above, as well as your other posts look like you do have one bandwagon, which is Feminism.  That is all you have been doing since coming on to Worthy forums. 

Paul, being a chosen apostle of Christ, and having received direct revelations from Christ, wrote by Divine inspiration.  So your words "and forget Paul when he contradicts Jesus" are utter nonsense and in fact are a direct assault on Scripture.  And Christians know who is actually behind direct assaults on Scripture since the Garden of Eden.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 14/04/2016 at 9:13 PM, LadyKay said:

I think that I can but it will take some time for me to do so. I do not think he contradicted Christ in everything. Just in maybe a few things. And again these are just my thoughts and I do have so many thoughts when it comes to the Bible. So anyway I will get back to you as soon as I can.

As I said to David, I will say to you, that to claim that Paul contradicted Christ is UTTER NONSENSE.  One can understand if enemies of Christ and enemies of the Gospel make such foolish allegations.  But for Christians to do so is extremely dangerous, and reveals what is happening in Christendom today.