IGNORED

Does the spirit of God live within Jews?

spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

So, if a Jew worships the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and studies the scriptures a lot , and spends much time conversing with God, can the spirit of God live within his heart and guide him/her without him/her consciously choosing to accept Jesus as Lord and savior?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I don't think the Holy Spirit lives in anyone who has not been born again...  if I am wrong I would like to see the scripture saying so for I can't think of any.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Have you not read the Scriptures? The Holy Spirit does not indwell the unbeliever,the unbeliever has not been reconciled to God,,,,,,,living by the LAW you would still be unable to even enter the Holy of Holies(according to Judaism)let alone Christ abiding in that person ,,,,,,,

6 minutes ago, other one said:

Well, I don't think the Holy Spirit lives in anyone who has not been born again...  if I am wrong I would like to see the scripture saying so for I can't think of any.

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Have you not read the Scriptures? The Holy Spirit does not indwell the unbeliever,the unbeliever has not been reconciled to God,,,,,,,living by the LAW you would still be unable to even enter the Holy of Holies(according to Judaism)let alone Christ abiding in that person ,,,,,,,

Did the spirit of God live within Moses or Elijah?

Yes I know what the scripture says about unbelievers, but I was hoping to get some more opinions from other people to better understand

Live WITHIN Moses or Elijah????  No,obviously not,,,,,,Moses was spoken to through a burning bush,on the mountain he spoke 'face to face" & yet God hid Moses in a cleft of a Rock not be consumed by Gods Glory if he actually SAW His Face,,,,,,,He lead them by a pillar of smoke followed by a pillar of Fire,,,,,many exmples of God Speaking Audibly to these prophets,others heard the thundrous sounds,,,,,,,they were not indwelled,Jesus made that possible through His physical death,,,,,it is in the Scriptures that you say you read  & study every day

My thoughts are that the spirit of God was inspiring the authors of Old Testament scripture. The Holy Spirit was authoring the scripture but using them to write it, yet preventing them from making any error , so I thought they had the spirit of God dwelling within them no?

could be wrong, that's why I'm asking the question rather than stating it matter-of-factly.

Why do you want OPINIONS? It is the Word of God we need & Revelation by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Why do you want OPINIONS? It is the Word of God we need & Revelation by the Power of the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So, according to the word of God, did the ancient authors of sacred scripture have the spirit of God dwelling within them to guide them as they wrote the scriptures?

Okay, I think I know what you're saying then. The spirit of God can guide peoples actions  without living within them

20 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:
19 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I know what the word of God says , that there is no way to the father but through Jesus and that if you do not love Christ, you do not love the Father.

I find the Jews that I have met to be very likeable people that seem to love God, and I don't want to tell them anything that would indicate that their loved ones or their ancestors that did not convert to Christianity are eternally Damned.

I'm trying to think of what it would feel like to be a Jew hearing such teachings.

So, wanted to hear from other people to get a better understanding of all of this.