• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings SavedOne

I have a a rather extensive library of Bibles etc,,,but I do not(nor have I read) that one,,,,,,it might be good for me to pick one up,I'll make a note of it,,,,,,I do like commentaries,other perspectives are always very interesting to me,,,,,,,,,if I ever get caught up(sheesh) with the books I have waiting to be OPENED I can get on to other things,,,,,,I have a couple of Revelation interpretations & concordinancers sitting for months,,,,,,,ridiculous

Your words are always giving our Almighty Heavenly Father Glory,,,,,,in Jesus I rejoice you are my Brother & a Blessing to this Ministry!!!!!We certainly do address many a tough Topic & always a pleasure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus,let us reason TOGETHER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I too,need nothing but Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Halleluyah!Let us continue to boast for Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.70
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings SavedOne

I have a a rather extensive library of Bibles etc,,,but I do not(nor have I read) that one,,,,,,it might be good for me to pick one up,I'll make a note of it,,,,,,I do like commentaries,other perspectives are always very interesting to me,,,,,,,,,if I ever get caught up(sheesh) with the books I have waiting to be OPENED I can get on to other things,,,,,,I have a couple of Revelation interpretations & concordinancers sitting for months,,,,,,,ridiculous

Your words are always giving our Almighty Heavenly Father Glory,,,,,,in Jesus I rejoice you are my Brother & a Blessing to this Ministry!!!!!We certainly do address many a tough Topic & always a pleasure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise Jesus,let us reason TOGETHER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I too,need nothing but Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Halleluyah!Let us continue to boast for Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

I collect Bibles and Commentaries.  After I read the KJV with Dake's Commentary, I switched over to the NASB and Merrill F. Unger's Bible Commentary (OT Only in 2 Volumes) and The Bible Knowledge Commentary (Old and New Testament in 2 Volumes) by John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck. To a lesser extent, I use the JFB Bible Commentary, the Believer's Bible Commentary, the Expositor's Bible Commentary (full and abridged), the Wycliffe Bible Commentary, John MacArthur's Bible Commentary, R. C. Sproul's Commentary to the ESV Translation, and a few others.  Electronically, I have many more.  I love reading Spurgeon's thoughts on many Bible passages.  Matthew Henry's Commentary (full and abridged) is a bit too flowery for me.  I lose my train of thought too easily when I read it.  John Gills Bible Commentary is also very good.  I also have word studies, parallel New Testaments, customs and manners in the Bible, concordances, Hebrew-Greek Bibles, et al.

Reading Samual, Kings and Chronicles with the Prophets writing at that time is well worth the effort.  In that regard, I found the Thompson Chain Reference Bible invaluable.  My TCRB is in the NIV, but I would like to add an NASB version at some time.

lol,,,,,we could have a ball with each others library's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can't even list what I've collected over these many years,,,,,,,& I can't even think about what I've lost(long story,ugh)    You wouldn't even believe some of the "scrolls" I've had in my hands & had the privilege of "borrowing",,,,,,,,,ahh,that was a long time ago,,,,,,books are a passion of mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& so is Worthy                            God is so GOOD,I'm truly grateful 

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

lol,,,,,we could have a ball with each others library's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can't even list what I've collected over these many years,,,,,,,& I can't even think about what I've lost(long story,ugh)    You wouldn't even believe some of the "scrolls" I've had in my hands & had the privilege of "borrowing",,,,,,,,,ahh,that was a long time ago,,,,,,books are a passion of mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& so is Worthy                            God is so GOOD,I'm truly grateful

I have a better handle on what Bible-related books I have than my engineering books.  Three companies I worked for eliminated their engineering libraries and gave me my pick.  Between my wife and I, we have wall-to-wall books.

WOW,Blessings for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe we have de-railed John's Thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shall we get back on Topic ,,,,,,,sorry John,just a little "Praise & Thanksgiving" to JESUS time!!!!!      Oh yeah!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

21 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I wonder how the Young Earth Creationists explain the dinosaurs and Noah's Ark?

God created dinosaurs when He create man, the Pre-Adamites. If dinosaurs were on the ark, then why are there non here now?

some of them go so far as to deny that dinosaurs ever existed - not all that common a stance, but i've found it to be more common than i would have imagined. but maybe i just have sampled a particularly kooky cross-section on the internet :P 

i think ((with respect to the people i've met that hold that view)) this is partly a desperate & shallow attempt to reconcile YEC with those questions i'm quoting, and partly also just a predilection for buying into conspiracies. people who follow one conspiracy theory are generally more likely to believe more conspiracy theories; this has a lot to do with the underlying reason they buy into the first conspiracy theory -- often more to do with personal psychological problems and depression/rejection than actually being convinced by the arguments of the conspiracy theorists. 

((i am NOT saying YEC is a "conspiracy theory" -- but that believing there is no such thing as dinosaurs is. the people i know who buy into that also believe things like flat earth, no such thing the moon landing, illuminati running schools, government controlling people with airborne chemicals & low-frequency broadcasting, etc -- and almost 100% of the time, happen also to be YEC. they typically use wildly inappropriate inferences from scripture to justify conspiracy beliefs -- while strongly anti-YEC people might associate this predilection with their likelihood to be YEC, i'm not making that connection. maybe worth mentioning that the connection is sometimes made though. personally i DO NOT know if YEC / OEC is true and i will not be dogmatic about it -- but i tend to think that YEC is a lot less likely and much harder to justify outside of a particular reading of Genesis -- tho that reading of Genesis is i freely admit the 'obvious' one, taken to be precisely literal in every regard. ))

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I wonder how the Young Earth Creationists explain the dinosaurs and Noah's Ark?

God created dinosaurs when He create man, the Pre-Adamites. If dinosaurs were on the ark, then why are there non here now?

We know that (1) dinosaurs were created when all creatures were created, (2) that dinosaurs are currently extinct, and (3) there are descriptions of creatures similar to dinosaurs in Scripture.  What we do not know is why dinosaurs (and some other creatures) became extinct.

What we do NOT see in Scripture is anything regarding a Pre-Adamite creation, or a creation BEFORE the creation. Something of this significance would surely have been included in the biblical account.  Scofield refers to Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, but that really provides no proof.  Also Scripture calls Adam "the FIRST man", so if there were men on earth before the first man, then Scripture would be nullified.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Ezra said:

We know that (1) dinosaurs were created when all creatures were created, (2) that dinosaurs are currently extinct, and (3) there are descriptions of creatures similar to dinosaurs in Scripture.  What we do not know is why dinosaurs (and some other creatures) became extinct.

What we do NOT see in Scripture is anything regarding a Pre-Adamite creation, or a creation BEFORE the creation. Something of this significance would surely have been included in the biblical account.  Scofield refers to Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28, but that really provides no proof.  Also Scripture calls Adam "the FIRST man", so if there were men on earth before the first man, then Scripture would be nullified.

Left hand side

WORLD AGES CHART.jpg

Have you studied all these Scriptures and compared any of them at all them?

Here is Scriptural proof that there were two great floods on this Earth. Lucifers flood I will head "L.F and Noahs flood N.F. If you do nothing at all but read these Scriptures your eyes will be opened!

Praise His name for ever more.

Remember, Lucifers flood, Gen. 1:2, which I will head 'L.F. and Noahs flood which I will head, as 'N.F.'

L.F. Earth made waste (Gen. 1:2; Jer. 4:23-26; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).
N.F. Earth not made waste (Gen. 8:11-12, 22 ; Heb. 11:7 ; 1 Pet. 3:20).

L.F. Earth made empty (Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23).
N.F. Earth not made empty (Gen. 6:18-22 ; 8:16).

L.F. Earth made totally dark (Gen. 1:2-5 ; Jer. 4:23-26).
N.F. Not made totally dark (Gen. 8:6-22)

L.F. No light from heaven (Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26).
N.F. Light from heaven (Gen. 8:6-22).

L.F. No day and night (Gen. 1:2-5).
N.F. Day and night (Gen. 8:1-22).

L.F. All vegetation destroyed Gen. 1:2 ; 2:5-6 ; Jer. 4:23-26).
N.F. Vegetation not destroyed (Gen. 8:11, 21 ; 9:3, 20).

L.F. No continued abating of the waters off the earth (Gen. 1:6-12).
N.F. Continued abating of the waters from the earth by evaporation (Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. Waters taken off the earth in one day (Gen. 1:10).
N.F. Months of waters abating off the earth (Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. God supernaturally takes waters off the earth (Gen. 1:6-12).
N.F. Natural work of evaporation of the waters off the earth (Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. No rebuke or miraculous work in fled away (Gen. 1:6-12 ; Ps. 104:7).
N.F. No rebuke or miraculous work is taking waters off the earth (Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. The waters on earth in Gen. 1:2, hasted away when rebuked (Gen. 1:6-2 ; Ps. 104:9).
N.F. The bounds already eternally set for waters in Gen. 8:1-14).

L.F. All fish were totally destroyed in flood of Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26).
N.F. No fish were destroyed or created again after Noah's flood (Gen. 1:20-23 ; 6:18-22).

L.F. No Fowls left on the earth after (Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26).
N.F. Fowls were left after Noah's flood (Gen. 6:20 ; 8:7-17).

L.F. No animals left after (Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26 ; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).
N.F. Some of all animals kept alive (Gen. 6:20 ; 8:17 ; 9:2-4, 10-16).

L.F. No man left on earth in Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26 ; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).
N.F. Eight men and women left after Noah's flood (Gen. 6:18 ; 8:15-22 ; 9:1-16 ; 1 Pet. 3:20).

L.F. No social system left at all in Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26 ; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).
N.F. A social system left after Noah's flood (Gen. 8:15-22 ; 9:1-16 ; 1 Pet. 3:20).

L.F. No ark made to save men in Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26 ; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).
N.F. An ark made to save men and animals alive (Gen. 6:8-8 : 22 ; 9:1-16 ; Heb. 11:7).

L.F. Cause: fall of Lucifer, now Satan (Isa. 14:12-14; Jer. 4:23-26; Ezek. 28:11-17 ; Luke 10:18).
N.F. Cause: wickedness of men (Gen. 6:5-13) ; and fallen angels (Gen. 6:1-4; Jude 6-7 ; 2 Pet. 2:4).

L.F. Result: became necessary to make new life on earth (Gen. 1:3-2 : 25 ; Isa. 45:18 ; Eph. 3:11).

N.F. Results: no new creation made, for all men and animals were not destroyed (Gen. 6:18-8 : 22 ; 9:1-16).

What's so hard in understanding this, except wilful disbelief?

25 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Item 1 is an assumption on your part.  You are assuming carnivores were created before Adam, before the Fall.  That's a pretty big assumption.  You're stating there was death before Adam.  That his sin did not bring death into this world which is contrary to scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I first read of this Lucifer's thread idea here at Worthy some years ago, and researched some where I found these lists comparing Lucifer's flood to Noah's flood, and started reading all these comparisons, well, my eyes were not opened.  In fact, I was unable to follow how anyone can read a Lucifer's flood into scripture without stretching or twisting what is actually said.  I agree with Ezra, we do not see any pre-adamites in scripture, or any creation prior to creation.  It is not willful disbelief to believe that Genesis tells us what was created in six days.