IGNORED

What do you think of Christians getting tattoos?

rethinknow

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:04 AM, woundeddog said:

Leviticus:19:28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:-- It could also be how God feels about Tattoos!!! :-)

That one verse of scripture would stop me from ever considering getting a tattoo.  I believe that Satan is leading people to print marks all over their bodies to destroy the natural God-given image they originally had.  We were created in the image of God, and Satan hates that image, so he inspires people to get graffiti printed all over their bodies. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

46 minutes ago, Butero said:

I sure don't understand why.  The way our military is used today, they are sent into all kinds of skirmishes where we have no national interest.  We aren't talking about a situation like World War 2 where we were fighting for our survival.  You could make the argument that we are facing a fight for survival against terrorists, but we really aren't fighting in a way to defeat them, so I can't see the logic in why you would want to join the military. 

My argument against women in combat has to do with this idea that women should have equal opportunity when it comes to having the choice to fight in combat.  If they really want equality as they claim, then I say that women should be forced to register for selective service like men have to do and face a draft in the future if one is needed.  Most women don't want that.  They want preferential treatment when it comes to registering for a potential draft, but they also want the choice to fight in combat roles.  That is not equality.  It is preferential treatment. 

There are some woman out there who DON'T want preferential treatment.  The woman that have come back from combat seriously injured or the ones who gave everything never expected to be treated any different. And the draft has not been used in years.  All the woman in the service now are doing just as the men and I"m hearing no complaints.

How do you feel about women police officers?  I tried that too, but when I tried there were height requirements.  Michigan State Police wanted ones that were at least 5'6 at 5'2 I didn't have a chance.

I tried to join the military when I was 18, and injury kept me from it.  But I was more then ready to go and was very disappointed when I couldn't.  I just wonder how much of this is just not wanting women in anything except the house. 

3 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

There are some woman out there who DON'T want preferential treatment.  The woman that have come back from combat seriously injured or the ones who gave everything never expected to be treated any different. And the draft has not been used in years.  All the woman in the service now are doing just as the men and I"m hearing no complaints.

How do you feel about women police officers?  I tried that too, but when I tried there were height requirements.  Michigan State Police wanted ones that were at least 5'6 at 5'2 I didn't have a chance.

I tried to join the military when I was 18, and injury kept me from it.  But I was more then ready to go and was very disappointed when I couldn't.  I just wonder how much of this is just not wanting women in anything except the house. 

That doesn't address the fact men have to register for selective service and will be subject to a draft if there is one and women don't have to deal with that.  I am sick of the whole women's lib thing.  It is completely unbiblical, but I do expect that if women want equal treatment, that is what they should have, not preferential treatment.  There are reasons for height requirements for certain jobs.  You mentioned the Michigan State Police.  I met a woman who was working for them back in 2008, so obviously women are allowed to join if they meet the basic requirements.  My positions is that if women meet the requirements everyone has had to meet all along, and can do the job, more power to them.  Neither the military nor the State Police should alter requirements to aid women in qualifying.  If they had certain standards for men in the past, they must have felt they were necessary all along.  I remember an old episode of "Andy Griffith" where Barney was barely able to meet the height requirement to remain on the police force, so that is nothing new. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

On 5/26/2016 at 8:32 AM, rethinknow said:

I was browsing Facebook the other day and noticed a church I follow post an article about a tattoo artist giving airbrushed tattoos to kids sick at a hospital. I think it was a cool idea... Until I read the comments. People were flipping out. Saying how it was a sin, and we should be like the world, etc... 

I'm a Christian, I have tattoos. In fact each of them represent a part of my walk with God. What do you think? Should Christians support tattoos? Does it matter? 

You should not be concerned about what we think. I would be more concerned what your going to say to the Lord.

Edited by PatrolMan
add word

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, Butero said:

I sure don't understand why.  The way our military is used today, they are sent into all kinds of skirmishes where we have no national interest.  We aren't talking about a situation like World War 2 where we were fighting for our survival.  You could make the argument that we are facing a fight for survival against terrorists, but we really aren't fighting in a way to defeat them, so I can't see the logic in why you would want to join the military. 

My argument against women in combat has to do with this idea that women should have equal opportunity when it comes to having the choice to fight in combat.  If they really want equality as they claim, then I say that women should be forced to register for selective service like men have to do and face a draft in the future if one is needed.  Most women don't want that.  They want preferential treatment when it comes to registering for a potential draft, but they also want the choice to fight in combat roles.  That is not equality.  It is preferential treatment. 

Your argument is based on a few women who push the equality thing?  I don't know how to say this other than to be direct; I thought you always argued from what is stated in the bible?  Does the bible state that men and women are equal in everything, or are there gender roles?  I don't mean women are inferior, I mean, isn't preferential treatment of women correct?

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Your argument is based on a few women who push the equality thing?  I don't know how to say this other than to be direct; I thought you always argued from what is stated in the bible?  Does the bible state that men and women are equal in everything, or are there gender roles?  I don't mean women are inferior, I mean, isn't preferential treatment of women correct?

The Bible teaches gender roles.  God created women to serve as a help meet for their husband.  I am all for women being treated different from men, and being looked at as "the weaker vessel."  The issue here is you have a bunch of feminists who claim they want equality for women, which includes the right to fight on the front lines in battle along with the men, but they don't want to same rules concerning having to register with selective service.  What we have in this country is not equal rights, but feminists who claim they want equal rights but really want preferential treatment.  If I could snap my fingers and make things the way I believe they should be, nearly every family in America would look very much like the Cleaver family in "Leave It To Beaver."  Every household would have a man who works and a stay at home wife and Mother raising the children.  I believe that is what the Bible teaches.  I started to make that case in the Soap Box, and there was more I could have added.