lost and bewildered

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

been trying to slay this dragon for the longest time and tonight i just cant do it. i have come to the conclusion realisation that church in any form is really off the menu. too complicated to unpack even.

medication, religion, counselling ....o dear feels so bleak at the mo. well that is one thing that is clear i am not just miserable in the darker days! tried to talk to my sister earlier but the thing is that my load is way too heavy to bear..depression talking.

if i try to not get depressed/anxious its in my own strength and if i sit back and wait (not getting any younger..) done that for a while.. and it just seems like i have gone into the rabbit hole of being still with no purpose or fruit. had quite a few triggers these last few days.

i hate the mh (mental health-anxiety and depression today) me it has all but not quite destroyed me ...think i will be calling up a help line in a wee while. o dear dont mind me just need to ramble. i really am a lost cause.

o well tomorrow is another day, :(

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

i hate the mh (mental health-anxiety and depression today) me it has all but not quite destroyed me ...think i will be calling up a help line in a wee while. o dear dont mind me just need to ramble. i really am a lost cause.

There is a difference between *church* and *Christ*.  All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to Christ.  Therefore He can set you free from anxiety and depression. Ask Him to set you free, then BELIEVE that He has done so.  After that focus on the things which lift you up and give you courage.

King James Bible
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive[them], and ye shall have [them]. (Mark 11:24).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Mable, do you honestly believe that the Bible is the very word of God, completely inspired by God.  Do you honestly talk to Him and ask Him to forgive you and make a new person of you?  Do you believe that you are forgiven?  

If your answer is yes to all of these questions, do you realize that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, dwells in you?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Praying Mabel 

I wish I could give you a hug 

On 05/06/2016 at 7:33 PM, Ezra said:

There is a difference between *church* and *Christ*.  All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to Christ.  Therefore He can set you free from anxiety and depression. Ask Him to set you free, then BELIEVE that He has done so.  After that focus on the things which lift you up and give you courage.

King James Bible
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive[them], and ye shall have [them]. (Mark 11:24).

thanks Ezra

yes i realise that there is a difference with the church and Christ it is just that it would be nice to not have to feel so alone as church is just not meeting my needs, emotionally /spiritually. and no its not all about me. i do a lot for the church which involves a lot of hard work, each week

that is why i for the most part go it alone. i did try again to go to a house group and struggled in that but now that has Petered out anyway. it is so hard to be consistent when the gremlins of anxiety and depression come calling.

Ask Him to set you free, then BELIEVE that He has done so.  After that focus on the things which lift you up and give you courage.

the counselor today reminded me how negative my thinking is and she is so right but when i am on my own it is such a struggle to keep with the program ie stay positive. so here i am again having to start over with the positive thinking o dear

18 hours ago, Willa said:

Mable, do you honestly believe that the Bible is the very word of God, completely inspired by God.  Do you honestly talk to Him and ask Him to forgive you and make a new person of you?  Do you believe that you are forgiven?  

If your answer is yes to all of these questions, do you realize that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, dwells in you?

thanks Willa

well i could say yes that i do... but ....having a scientific kinda mind.. i still find it so hard to be subjective. so the candid answer has to be well urm no. so i am a working progress... that keeps going down the rabbit hole and having to be pulled out.

18 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Praying~!

thanks Fresnojoe for the prayers

8 hours ago, petula said:

Praying Mabel 

I wish I could give you a hug 

big thanks petula. feeling a little less grim tonight

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

so here i am again having to start over with the positive thinking o dear

Mabel,

You must start out by believing that you are an overcomer. Anxiety and depression can be replaced by believing that you have ALREADY gotten rid of anxiety and depression. You are now strong and courageous. Apply to yourself (and memorize) what Joshua was given, and you will have good success (Josh 1:7,8):

Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.