IGNORED

you all have mental issues.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, post said:

so your brain and your thinking is perfect? other things may be flawed, but certainly not your mind?

because that is what you are saying, when you reject the idea that your mentality may have issues. 

this sword cuts deep; i know. but our Healer is a surgeon, skilled in every way, and trustworthy above all others.

No, that is not what I am saying.   I don't think you have the right to simply decree that everyone has mental issues and that they must acquiesce to your demand that they acknowledge your decree without question.  Neither I nor anyone else is under any obligation to accept your diagnosis of us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

who can say that they do this?
who truly loves the Lord with their entire heart? 
with all of their soul? 
with their entire mind? 

whose every idle thought is completely holy and pure and needs not to be renewed? 
whose every intention and desire is absolutely perfect in His sight? 
whose soul is blameless and good? 

that same one has no need of Christ, and makes the cross as if it is nothing. 
but our minds, too, are crucified with Him, that they may be also raised up with Him, and made new. 
if our minds then are being transformed and renewed by Him, then as much as you must mortify the old nature in your flesh, you must also mortify your old ways of thinking in your mind. 

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not what I am saying.   I don't think you have the right to simply decree that everyone has mental issues and that they must acquiesce to your demand that they acknowledge your decree without question.  Neither I nor anyone else is under any obligation to accept your diagnosis of us.

if you are not saying that your mind is perfect, how can you deny that there is any "issue" with it? 

that objectively seems like a mental issue on its own, doesn't it? 

this is what the scripture says - not what "post" says -
be transformed by the renewal of your mind. 

does your mind then need renewal, or does it not need renewal? or does this scripture no longer apply to you, because you are perfected, and have already attained it? 

Guest Robert
5 minutes ago, post said:

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

who can say that they do this?
who truly loves the Lord with their entire heart? 
with all of their soul? 
with their entire mind? 

whose every idle thought is completely holy and pure and needs not to be renewed? 
whose every intention and desire is absolutely perfect in His sight? 
whose soul is blameless and good? 

that same one has no need of Christ, and makes the cross as if it is nothing. 
but our minds, too, are crucified with Him, that they may be also raised up with Him, and made new. 
if our minds then are being transformed and renewed by Him, then as much as you must mortify the old nature in your flesh, you must also mortify your old ways of thinking in your mind. 

Once again, notice the Lord mentions the heart first?

But we cannot "mortify" anything on our own strength. Without the Holy Spirit, it is all fruitless.

I cannot help but detect a finger of accusation being pointed at folks here, especially concerning a point that is scripturally in error.

Edited by RobertS

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, post said:

if you are not saying that your mind is perfect, how can you deny that there is any "issue" with it? 

that objectively seems like a mental issue on its own, doesn't it? 

this is what the scripture says - not what "post" says -
be transformed by the renewal of your mind. 

does your mind then need renewal, or does it not need renewal? or does this scripture no longer apply to you, because you are perfected, and have already attained it? 

What I have is a sin and a heart issue.  Not a mental issue.   You seem to have a rather unhealthy obsession with diagnosing other people's problems.   If you think you have mental issues, that is between you and God.   I will not submit to any decree that you, for some reason, think you are fit to impose on others.   I think it would be best if you just worry about yourself and leave others' relationships with God to be between them and God.

15 minutes ago, RobertS said:

Once again, notice the Lord mentions the heart first?

does that mean you get to ignore what comes after? 

it is not "
scripturally in error" -- read the OP, not just the title. i'm telling you from love, that you should all be aware not to place faith in your own minds, which were brought up in the corruption of the spirit of the age, but truly accept the scripture - and be transformed through the renewing of them.

the argument you guys are presenting is from vanity, not from scripture. what you are essentially telling me is that you prayed to God, '
Lord i need Thee every hour - please take my life and save it, redeem me, for i am unworthy of you. but not my mind, Lord. there's nothing wrong with my mind, it has no issues. everything else, sure, but in my thinking i am perfect already and have no need of your saving power to renew' 

what do you think, post is 'talking down' to everyone? post is telling you this because he loves you, and has seen in his own life how that his mind has need of God every bit as much as every other part of post. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, post said:

it is not "scripturally in error" -- read the OP, not just the title. i'm telling you from love, that you should all be aware not to place faith in your own minds, which were brought up in the corruption of the spirit of the age, but truly accept the scripture - and be transformed through the renewing of them.

the argument you guys are presenting is from vanity, not from scripture. what you are essentially telling me is that you prayed to God, 'Lord i need Thee every hour - please take my life and save it, redeem me, for i am unworthy of you. but not my mind, Lord. there's nothing wrong with my mind, it has no issues. everything else, sure, but in my thinking i am perfect" 

what do you think, post is 'talking down' to everyone? post is telling you this because he loves you, and has seen in his own life how that his mind has need of God every bit as much as every other part of post. 

You don't know myself and probably no one else here well enough to claim you love anyone else here.   Your post simply comes off as a lot finger pointing.   And if we don't bow to your decrees and assessments of us, we are accused of thinking we are perfect.  I think it best that you mind your own business and just make sure you are right with God.   The rest of us have a relationship with God too, and we don't need your help or your advice  in managing it.   The Lord is more than capable of helping us grow in every area of our life without your pontifications.

Guest Robert
1 minute ago, post said:

it is not "scripturally in error" -- read the OP, not just the title. i'm telling you from love, that you should all be aware not to place faith in your own minds, which were brought up in the corruption of the spirit of the age, but truly accept the scripture - and be transformed through the renewing of them.

the argument you guys are presenting is from vanity, not from scripture. what you are essentially telling me is that you prayed to God, 'Lord i need Thee every hour - please take my life and save it, redeem me, for i am unworthy of you. but not my mind, Lord. there's nothing wrong with my mind, it has no issues. everything else, sure, but in my thinking i am perfect" 

I think "Post is talking down to everyone" because you seem to be ignoring scripture and assuming because I disagree with you, I must not have read the OP.

I have posted my evidence from scripture in my replies; it is a heart issue as God has said in multiple passages and not a head one. Jesus was very specific on this, and if you are not going to take His word on it,. then there is no further point in discussing this with you. But I strongly advise you to stop trying to judge everyone' else's walk with the Lord based on your perceptions.

Stop trying to walk everyone else's walk with the Lord for them, Post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, post said:

so your brain and your thinking is perfect? other things may be flawed, but certainly not your mind?

because that is what you are saying, when you reject the idea that your mentality may have issues. 

this sword cuts deep; i know. but our Healer is a surgeon, skilled in every way, and trustworthy above all others.

Jesus is the Healer of my mind if we live in the Spirit then the Holy Spirit lives us and through us and therefore we are healed by the renewing of our mind.

The unbelievers need Jesus in their life to heal their ungodly mind but as Christians, God looks through us with the eyes of Jesus and declares me healed from sin in Him.

By His stripes we are healed~~

Isaiah 53:5

…4Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. 6All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him.…

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, angels4u said:

Jesus is the Healer of my mind if we live in the Spirit then the Holy Spirit lives us and through us and therefore we are healed by the renewing of our mind.

Amen.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Tim 1:7).