LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Can you tell someone off and yet still be a Christian about it? Some people seem to need a good telling off. If you know what I mean? I mean sometimes you really just need to tell someone that they are over the line with something. How do I do that while still trying to live a Christian life? :fryingpan:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Luke 11:37-42

37 And as he spake, a certain Pharisee besought him to dine with him: and he went in, and sat down to meat.

38 And when the Pharisee saw it, he marvelled that he had not first washed before dinner.

39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

40 Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?

41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

52 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Can you tell someone off and yet still be a Christian about it? Some people seem to need a good telling off. If you know what I mean? I mean sometimes you really just need to tell someone that they are over the line with something. How do I do that while still trying to live a Christian life? :fryingpan:

As Christians we need to know how to handle our anger. Anger is not always a sin Ephesians 4:26. You need to attack the problem not the person. If someone has hurt you honesty is the best approach. Tell that person that they have hurt you and made you angry and why. You do not need to call them every four letter word known to man. The ball is then in their court on how they handle your honest approach. Just do not hold your breath waiting for an apology. I AM SORRY is often a rare occurrence.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:19-24.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I know sometimes people can be difficult to get along with, and to love, however, we are to strive to show love.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

KJV Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Anger isn't a bad thing, it is what you are angry at that makes it bad. Jesus was angry that people were utterly defiling God's house. We went in and basically kicked all the sellers out, and flipped their tables of the merchandise. But he had rightful anger when he did that, he wasn't angry because of person or sin, but because they were clearly committing wrong. Christians should stand fast to their beliefs, and not worry about hurting others feelings if they are truly working for the Lord

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

As Christians we need to know how to handle our anger. Anger is not always a sin Ephesians 4:26. You need to attack the problem not the person. If someone has hurt you honesty is the best approach. Tell that person that they have hurt you and made you angry and why. You do not need to call them every four letter word known to man. The ball is then in their court on how they handle your honest approach. Just do not hold your breath waiting for an apology. I AM SORRY is often a rare occurrence.

Sound advice that I needed, as well.  :)  Thank you.

It takes a lot of patience sometimes with some people and all you can do is pray that God will provide you with the amount you need.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,440
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

16 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

These are Jesus's words. We can tell someone off. Only thing is that we need to make it a 100% sure that we do it according to the spirit and not according to the flesh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

If you forgive them first in your heart your can make it more like a teaching situation.   It can be done with gentleness but firmness, and in an impersonal way.   Instead of saying you did this and that,  You can say that people who behave by saying this or doing that are being disrespectful.  It is impolite and unacceptable behavior.  Adults are expected to know better and behave better.  As peep said, you are addressing the behavior.

We are also told to bless those who persecute us and pray for those who spitefully use us.  Once while my next door neighbor was cussing me out I pointed my finger at him and loudly, slowly with authority said " The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift us His countenance upon you and give you peace!".  And I meant it.  He turned around and walked off without a word.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, C_Beth said:

Sound advice that I needed, as well.  :)  Thank you.

It takes a lot of patience sometimes with some people and all you can do is pray that God will provide you with the amount you need.  

I think some added advise for that person you are confronting is to pray for them.