• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,064
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  238
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

The ones wanting a vote are the main players ... the ones that are now finding it harder to pay for all the " reforms " that help the new members Unfortunately although we have voted leave it is not that simple and we can still be forced by our own politicians to remain  or have it dragged on for years till all the good bits of Britain have been swamped

Cameron is going ( despite him saying he would stay no matter what the vote ) so we have to wait and see who the conservatives will vote in as leader and I doubt that Cameron has the guts and/or  moral conscience to start the process himself even though he has the right and the duty to do so so nothing will be done till the end of the year at least and then a minimum of two years to get away from the stupidity and lawlessness of the EU parliament :( Keep praying folk

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

SECOND SCOTS VOTE 'ON THE TABLE' Nicola Sturgeon wants new independence referendum to stop Scotland ‘being taken out of the EU against our will’
Irish Republicans are also demanding a poll on unity in Ireland following the EU referendum

BREXIT could threaten the unity of the United Kingdom with calls for a second Scottish Independence Referendum and to unite Ireland. First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says the option is now on the table for Scotland and her priority is to act in her country’s best interests.

All 32 local authorities in Scotland delivered a vote for Remain but despite the vote, country still faces having to exit the European Union (EU), after the Leave campaign edged ahead across the UK. She says it is democratically unacceptable to take the UK out of the EU against the will of the Scots and believes many people who voted against Scottish independence are reassessing their decision after the Brexit vote.

Ms Sturgeon said: "I'm proud of Scotland and how we voted yesterday.

"We said clearly we don't want to leave the European Union.

“As things stand, Scotland faces the prospect of being taken out of the EU against our will.

"I regard that as democratically unacceptable.”

She added that legislation for another Scottish independence vote would be prepared when the Scottish Parliament approved it, saying: "The option of a second referendum must be on the table and it is on the table."

The SNP manifesto for May's Scottish Parliament election said there should be another ballot if there was a "significant and material" change in circumstances from the 2014 vote, such as Scotland being taken out of the EU against its will.

And Ms Sturgeon is now under pressure to deliver a second referendum.

She said: "Scotland has delivered a strong, unequivocal vote to remain in the EU, and I welcome that endorsement of our European status.

"The vote here makes clear that the people of Scotland see their future as part of the European Union."

"Scotland has contributed significantly to the Remain vote across the UK.

"That reflects the positive campaign the SNP fought, which highlighted the gains and benefits of our EU membership, and people across Scotland have responded to that positive message."

And Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom, is now faced with the prospect of customs barriers for trade with EU-member the Republic of Ireland.

Irish republicans Sinn Fein have demanded a poll on Irish unity following the referendum, where 440,707 (56%) people voted to Remain and 349,442 (44%) voted to Leave.

Sinn Fein's national chairman Declan Kearney said the question of Northern Ireland remaining as part of the UK had now been brought into sharp focus.

He said: "We have a situation where the north is going to be dragged out on the tails of a vote in England.

"That is a huge democratic deficit for our society, building on the existing democratic deficit of

partition.

"The British Government have now forfeited its mandate to represent the north of Ireland in relation to the European Union."

"We now have a situation where Brexit has become a further cost of partition, a further cost of the Union and Sinn Fein will now press our demand, our long standing demand, for a border poll."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1334551/does-brexit-spell-the-end-of-the-uk/

5 hours ago, OakWood said:

I voted to leave, so I'm pleased with this.

The Washington Post headlined "Scotland threatens secession from U.K. over Brexit vote to leave EU" "Nicola Sturgeon reported: "Thursday’s victory for Leave may do more than break up the European Union — it may break up the United Kingdom itself."

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Good for Great Britain!   Britain should not be allowing foreign governments in Europe to dictate their policies.  

It's bad for Scotland, Northern Ireland and EU. 

Guest shiloh357

My understanding is that referendums are not legally binding so there is a possibility that instead of leaving Cameron could change his mind and disregard the vote altogether and keep them in the EU.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, OakWood said:

I voted to leave, so I'm pleased with this.

I expected England to leave( it's prophecy ) so I'm not shocked at all by this outcome~

:) But now what will happen,more countries to follow ?

And the E.U. will be in BIG trouble,more trouble than they already have~~

Jesus is coming , Maranatha ~~

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

We could see both the EU and the UK split into pieces over this vote.  I do not blame the people of Scotland and Ireland for being upset.  How does England fare without the rest of the Kingdom? 

BERLIN, June 24 (Reuters) - German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said on Friday that Britain's vote to leave the European Union marked a sad day for Europe.
"The news from Britain is really sobering. It looks like a sad day for Europe and Britain," the German Foreign Ministry quoted Steinmeier as saying on its official Twitter account.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

My understanding is that referendums are not legally binding so there is a possibility that instead of leaving Cameron could change his mind and disregard the vote altogether and keep them in the EU.

10257570.jpg

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, Ogner said:

How many signatures do they need to get it to be reality?