OakWood

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

It's always better to be a fool in man's eyes, than to be a fool in God's eyes. I wonder though if it's seen as a secular/private business and thus it falls under the same rules and regulations as any other business, which is why they could claim discrimination. Idk. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 9/15/2016 at 2:50 PM, gerbilgirl said:

So you're saying....
Roman Catholic religious education....
classes aren't based off the Bible....

:emot-heartbeat:

No Doubt God

These things spoke Yeshua and lifted his eyes unto Heaven and he said: "My Father, the hour has come; Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you." "Just as you have given him authority over all flesh*, he will give eternal life to them, because you have given all things* whatsoever unto him." "But these things are eternal life: 'They shall know you, for you alone are The God of Truth, and Yeshua The Messiah whom you have sent.' " "I have glorified you in the earth; I have accomplished the work that you have given me to do." "Now, glorify me, my Father, in union with yourself, in that glory which I had in union with you before the universe was."

"I have revealed your Name to the children of men, those whom you have given me from the world; yours they were, and you have given them to me, and they have kept your word." "Now I* know that everything* whatsoever you have given me is from your Presence." "For the words that you gave me I have given them, and they have received them and known truly that I have proceeded from unity with you, and they have believed that you have sent me." "And I pray over them; I was not praying over the world, but I was praying for those whom you have given me, for they are yours." "And everything that is mine is yours, and yours is mine, and I am glorified in them." "From now on, I do not dwell in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to join you. Holy Father, keep them in your Name - that Name which you have given me, so that they shall be one, just as we are." 12"When I was with them in the world, I kept them in your Name; I have kept those whom you gave me, and no man among them has perished, except The Son of Destruction, that the scripture should be fulfilled."

"But now I come to you, and I am speaking these things in the world, that my joy shall be complete in them." "And I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, because they are not from the world, even as I am not from the world." "It is not that I am praying you would take them from the world, but that you would preserve them from The Evil One." "For they are not from the world, even as I am not from the world." "Father, sanctify them by your truth, because your word is truth." "Just as you have sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world." "And I sanctify myself for them, that they shall also be sanctified in the truth."

"Neither do I pray only for them, but also for these who are trusting in me by their word," "That they all shall be one, just as you, my Father, are in me, and I am in you, so that they also shall be one in us, so that the world shall believe that you have sent me."

"And I have given them the glory that you have given me, so that they shall be one, just as we are one." "I in them and you in me, so that they shall be perfected as one, and so that the world shall know that you have sent me, and that you have loved them just as you have also loved Me." "Father, I will that these whom you have given me, that where I am they shall also be with me, that they shall see my glory which you have given me, because you have loved me from before the foundation of the world."

"My Righteous Father, although the world has not known you, I have known you, and these have known that you have sent Me." "And I have revealed to them your Name, and I am revealing it, so that the love with which you have loved me shall be in them, and I shall be in them." John 17 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Doesn't Had A Mother

The LORD spoke his word to Jeremiah about all the Jews living in Egypt at Migdol, Tahpanhes, Noph, and Pathros. This is what the LORD of Armies, the God of Israel, says: You have seen all the disasters I brought on Jerusalem and on all the cities of Judah. Today they are deserted ruins. It is because their people did evil, and they made me angry. They went to burn incense and serve other gods that neither you nor your ancestors heard of. I have sent my servants the prophets to you again and again to tell you not to do these detestable things that I hate. But you wouldn't listen or pay attention. You wouldn't turn from your wicked ways and wouldn't stop burning incense as an offering to other gods. That is why my fury and anger were poured out and continued to burn in the cities of Judah and on the streets of Jerusalem. So they became the desolate ruin that they are today. Now, this is what the LORD God of Armies, the God of Israel, says: Why do you bring this terrible disaster on yourselves? Why do you keep destroying men, women, children, and babies from Judah until none are left? Why do you make me angry by burning incense to other gods in Egypt, where you have come to live. You will destroy yourselves and be cursed and ridiculed by all the nations on earth. Have you forgotten the wicked things done by your ancestors, by the kings of Judah and their wives, and by you and your wives in Judah and on the streets of Jerusalem? You have not humbled yourselves even to this day. You haven't feared me or lived your lives by my teachings or by my decrees that I gave your ancestors.

This is what the LORD of Armies, the God of Israel, says: I'm going to bring disaster on you and destroy all of Judah. I will take away from Judah those who are left, those who were determined to go to live in Egypt. They will die in Egypt. All of them, from the least important to the most important, will die in wars or be brought to an end by famines. They will become something cursed, ridiculed, and disgraced. 1I will punish those living in Egypt as I punished Jerusalem with wars, famines, and plagues. None of the people of Judah who went to live in Egypt will survive or return to Judah, where they long to return and live. Only a few refugees will return there.

Then all the men who knew that their wives were burning incense to other gods, all the women who were standing there, and all the people who lived at Pathros in Egypt answered Jeremiah. They said, "We won't listen to the message that you have spoken to us in the LORD's name. We will do everything we said we would do. We will burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out wine offerings to her as our ancestors, our kings, and our officials did in the cities of Judah and on the streets of Jerusalem. We had plenty to eat then, and we lived comfortably and saw no disaster. But since we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out wine offerings to her, we have had nothing but wars and famines." The women added, "When we burned incense to the queen of heaven, poured out wine offerings to her, and made cakes for her with her image on them, do you think our husbands didn't approve?"

Then Jeremiah said to all the people, both men and women, to everyone who answered him, "Doesn't the LORD remember that you burned incense in the cities of Judah and on the streets of Jerusalem along with your ancestors, your kings and your officials, and the people in the land? The LORD could no longer bear the wicked and detestable things you did. That is why your land has become something ruined, destroyed, and cursed. No one lives in that land today. You burned incense as offerings to other gods, sinned against the LORD, and wouldn't obey him. You didn't live by his teachings, decrees, or written instructions. That is why you have met with this disaster as it is today."

Then Jeremiah said to all the people, including the women, "Listen to the word of the LORD, all you people of Judah who are in Egypt. This is what the LORD of Armies, the God of Israel, says: You and your wives made promises, and you have kept them. You said, 'We will certainly do what we vow. We will burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out wine offerings to her.' "So go ahead. Keep your vows, and do what you vow. But listen to the word of the LORD, all you people of Judah who live in Egypt. 'I swear by my great name,' says the LORD, 'that no one from Judah who lives anywhere in Egypt will ever again call on my name and take the oath, "As the Almighty LORD lives." I am going to watch over them. I am going to watch over them to bring disasters, not blessings. In Egypt the people from Judah will die in wars and famines until everyone is gone. Those who escape the wars will return to Judah from Egypt. Then all the people of Judah who went to live in Egypt will know whose words have come true, mine or theirs. I will give you this sign,' declares the LORD. 'I will punish you in this place so that you will know that my threats of disaster will happen to you. This is what the LORD says: I'm going to hand Pharaoh Hophra, king of Egypt, over to his enemies and to those who want to kill him, just as I handed over King Zedekiah of Judah to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon and to those who wanted to kill him.'" Jeremiah 44 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalms 119:160 (New International Version)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

On 7/14/2016 at 1:14 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I'm a believer who accepts homosexuality....
and I know other believers who accept homosexuality....

Yes....
I have read the Bible..... 

:thumbsup:

I Except Homosexual Conduct

Righteousness lifts up a nation, but sin is a disgrace in any society. Proverbs 14:34 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

As Yet Just Another Of God's Judgement

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.”

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them. Romans 1:16-32 (New American Standard Bible)

As Believer's Watch Latter-Day America Slide Deeper

Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door. Ezekiel 16:49 (New Living Translation)

Into Sin

Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. Matthew 24:12-13 (Berean Study Bible)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

42 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

With this statement, you place yourself firmly in the camp of other believers I have seen proudly proclaiming that homosexuality is now perfectly acceptable to God.  That suddenly, God has changed his mind when it comes to homosexuality.  But it is always just this sin.  No other sexual sin has instantly become OK to God.

Fornication:  Still Wrong.

Adultery:  Still Wrong.

Pedophilia:  Still Wrong.

Bestiality:  Still Wrong.

Homosexuality:  GOD SAYS GREEN FOR GO!!!

Of, course, when asked for their rational as to why just this one sexual sin is now acceptable to God, no one ever answers the question.

As for your last bolded statement, there is so much wrong with it that it is impossible to deal with it completely here.  We know, from the wealth of manuscript evidence we have today that most manuscripts match each other by 96 to 98% and any supposed "errors" that have been found are spelling or punctuation that do not alter or change the doctrine or theology at all.  We know this as fact.  So "errors," in the way you use the word?  No.  We know that statement to be false.

I agree. Many in our world although they say they are Christian are lukewarm and excepting of what the Bible says "NO!".

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:58 AM, gerbilgirl said:

People are born gay, it's not a choice.  Assuming you are heterosexual, did you choose to be heterosexual?

The laws of genetic succession are particularly harsh on any trait that prevents reproduction, so let’s start with a simple formula that paints a stark picture: “One gay man + one gay man = zero gay children.”

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:36 AM, gerbilgirl said:

I don't ignore that fact, I simply interpret the Bible differently than you.

Interpret this for me please;

Lev 20:13, If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Jude 1:7, Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange11 flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

On 9/12/2016 at 11:58 AM, gerbilgirl said:

Please tell me this then.  Who are homosexuals hurting by being gay?  Sins are things that hurt others

"Who are homosexuals hurting by being gay?" Let's take a look:

For one thing: in 2014, gay, bisexual, and other men who had intercourse with men accounted for 83% of primary and secondary syphilis cases where sex of sex partner was known in the United States. Gay, bisexual, and other men who have intercourse with men often get other STDs, including chlamydia and gonorrhea infections.  (http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/std.htm).

This provides diseases that had been under control new breeding grounds which to strengthen in, and become immune to current antiviral and antibiotic medicines. It also places an incredible strain on a medical system that is already under enormous burdens. This increases taxes on the public to pay for additional care ("Obamacare" isn't funded by good wishes and liberal thinking), and takes resources that are already scarce.

Not to mention: we are fast running out of effective antibiotics. https://www.bu.edu/news/2016/03/30/the-antibiotics-dilemma-why-were-running-out-of-drugs-to-treat-the-superbugs/

Additionally, the LGBTQ community has been attempting for several years to "break barriers" as they put it. From deliberately going to Christian bakeries and insisting they make them a gay wedding cake, to insisting that it is "hate speech" for churches to preach against homosexuality, the LGBTQ community seeks to silence all opposition to their "agenda". This means that those who take Scripture at its' word must either compromise their stand and disobey the Lord, or risk the wrath (and possible lawsuits and other litigation)of gays who seek to force them to do what they know is against Christian beliefs.

Yet another issue: the California Department of Education began a new “program on Jan 1st  of 2015, under a new law forcing all children in the state’s public schools to study the “role and contributions” of “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans” to the “development of California and the United States of America.” This is in violation of parent's and families' religious beliefs, overriding their right to raise their children as they see fit.

To make matters even worse: there is even a group called “B4U-ACT”, a group that seeks to have pedophilia “reclassified” with the same status as homosexuality (“not a choice”). During their conference in Baltimore MD, B4U-ACT made statements such as “Pedophiles are unfairly stigmatized and demonized”, and “An adult’s desire to have sex with children is “normative.” Even worse, there is a move by these elements to have pedophilia removed from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), much like homosexuality was removed from the manual back in 1973. They have even gone so far as to coin a new term for pedophiles: Minor-Attracted Persons”.  

(catholicleague.org “What’s Wrong with Pedophilia?” October Issue 2011)

Here is where it gets worse:

Pedophiles are usually attracted to a particular age range and/or sex of child. Research categorizes male pedophiles by whether they are attracted to only male children (homosexual pedophilia), female children (heterosexual pedophilia), or children from both sexes (bisexual pedophilia). [3,6,10,29] The percentage of homosexual pedophiles ranges from 9% to 40%, which is approximately 4 to 20 times higher than the rate of adult men attracted to other adult men (using a prevalence rate of adult homosexuality of 2%-4%). [5,7,10,19,29,30] This finding does not imply that homosexuals are more likely to molest children, just that a larger percentage of pedophiles are homosexual or bisexual in orientation to children. [19] Individuals attracted to females usually prefer children between the ages of 8 and 10 years. [3,5,31] Individuals attracted to males usually prefer slightly older boys between the ages of 10 and 13 years. [3,5]

Heterosexual pedophiles, in self-report studies, have on average abused 5.2 children and committed an average of 34 sexual acts vs homosexual pedophiles who have on average abused 10.7 children and committed an average of 52 acts. [15] Bisexual offenders have on average abused 27.3 children and committed more than 120 acts. [15] A study by Abel et al [32] of 377 nonincarcerated, non-incest-related pedophiles, whose legal situations had been resolved and who were surveyed using an anonymous self-report questionnaire, found that heterosexual pedophiles on average reported abusing 19.8 children and committing 23.2 acts, whereas homosexual pedophiles had abused 150.2 children and committed 281.7 acts. These studies confirm law enforcement reports about the serial nature of the crime, the large number of children abused by each pedophile, and the underreporting of assaults. [1] Studies that used self-reports and polygraphs show that pedophiles currently in treatment underreport their current interest in children and past behaviors. [33,34]

Ryan C.W. Hall, MD, and Richard C.W. Hall, MD, PA, A Profile of Pedophilia: Definition, Characteristics of Offenders, Recidivism, Treatment Outcomes, and Forensic Issues, April, 2007, Mayo Clinic Proceedings (emphasis mine)

It's bad enough that children are stalked by sexual predators; it's even worse when up to 40 percent of them are homosexuals.

But then there is this:

The inaugural issue of the Gay Community News in 1979 published a "Statement to the Gay Liberation Movement on the Issue of Man/Boy Love," which challenged the movement to return to a vision of sexual liberation. It argued that "the ultimate goal of gay liberation is the achievement of sexual freedom for all--not just equal rights for 'lesbian and gay men,' but also freedom of sexual expression for young people and children."

In the early years there was some reluctance to accept pedophilia, primarily among feminist and lesbian activist groups. In March 1979 the Lesbian Feminist Liberation (LFL) accusing "so-called Man/Boy Lovers" of "attempting to legitimize sex between children and adults. . . . Feminists easily recognize this as the latest attempt to make palatable the sexual exploitation of children." The coalition went on record as opposing "the sexual abuse of children by heterosexual or homosexual persons.

(emphasis mine)

Family Research Council, Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse, 07/02/2002  Link: https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=is02e3

Considering the above information, who does "being gay" hurt?

EVERYONE.

13 hours ago, Cletus said:

Not going to find out by research but If i had to take a guess there are probably a lot of gay dating sites out there already.  This is nothing more than the gay community trying to force into acceptance their alternative lifestyle in our society. 

someone is not being discriminated because of not approving of their lifestyle.  If that's the case every single working american is guilty of discriminating others that choose to live on welfare and do nothing but sit at home.  but hey the book says those who deny the truth... aka Jesus Christ The Lord.... that God will give them over to believe strong delusion.  The constitution does not protect your feelings nor guarantee everyone will approve of how you live.  They obviously dont approve of what the bible says.  I bet I can guess how that makes Jesus feel. 

2 timothy chapter 3 tells us to turn away from people with certain lifestyles.  Not because they are black or white or brown.  

:thumbsup:

Gotta Love Old Saint Pete

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 2 Peter 2:3

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If people were actually born gay it would be the biggest evolutionary dead-end anomaly found in nature.

Or one could make the argument that it is an evolutionary method of population control. 

What makes one gay is one of those things I have always struggled with, mostly because I did not choose not to be gay, and even going further than that I am predisposed to be physically attracted to a certain type of female.  I also never choose this, it is just how I have always been.  It could be the result of my upbringing, but then you would expect a brother to have the same attraction, which is not the case. 

So, why am I only attracted to one type of female?  Was I born that way or is there another reason?  I do not know the answer, but I do often wonder about it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/3/2016 at 6:30 PM, missmuffet said:

I agree with that Robert.

Agree!