• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I posted the below on facebook out of frustration with current events. It is making me think long hard about making some changes in my life. I was curious to hear others thoughts and discussion on these thoughts. God Bless you.

All this violence and hate!

Where is the church? Where is the church leadership? Does the anointing only flow on Sundays when you are being called Apostle, Prophet, Bishop, Pastor and Elder? Jesus (and his Apostles after his ascension) changed every place they went. Their was not a town they entered that did not change. By your love shall all men know you are my Disciples , said Jesus. Do we not need love to counter and fight the fear and hate and violence? Blessed are the peacemakers, do we not need peace? Those in leadership are suppose to be the one's who are the closest to God. Where are you at? I know it's not a Sunday, but where are the anointed? Where is the Children of God? Is anyone who calls themselves a church leader going to step up and do something? Where is the church? Is the world correct and you church leaders are liars and not what you claim? The silence and inaction of Church leaders in moments like this , would be one of the reasons people say the church is fake. This world needs hope, faith and love. Where is the Church and it's leaders?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Hi firestormx!  My first reaction, is perhaps the church is where it needs to be?  Not out on the streets creating additional confrontations with those who only seek violence, and who refuse to listen to truth.  Do you suppose any of those creating this violence and hating, want anything other than they are creating?  I don't know what violence you are speaking of, but for example, the police officer in Minnesota who shot the driver of the car he pulled over for a broken tail light, well even the Governor has requested an fbi investigation, and is speaking in public to the mother of the person shot, saying she will get justice.  Only, there is more to the story than what some news is telling.  One news story said the officer requested the driver produce his driver's license, and while the driver reached for his wallet, the officer shot several times.  Another said it started with the officer requesting the occupants put their hands up, the driver called out he had a gun, the girlfriend admitted in an interview she shouted out he has a permit to carry, then after the guy was shot, then the girlfriend started a live feed to Facebook.  Now how do you do that with your hands up?  Well, maybe it was in her hand in the air, I don't know.  Now, before any investigation, the Governor is declaring the victims family will have justice.  Do I think officer's can make mistakes this severe? Yes. Do we know the circumstances leading up to the resulting news stories of officers shooting black males?  Not usually, but it is hard to believe officer's routinely shoot law abiding compliant, non-threatening individuals.  You stated "current events".  Perhaps you thought of the dallas officers shot.  Certainly the church should reach out to the victims and families of both examples.  Do we know if any are?  Are you looking for people to stand up and make a media show for their chance to say "look at me, I'm a great christian, put me on the news"?  I think some the the best efforts, are done privately, one on one, without drawing attention.  I hope I didn't go off in the wrong direction here firestormx, for I am with you on I've been thinking about the world, those around me, and what changes do I really need to make?  What really does God require of us when it looks like destruction all around?  Love unconditionally?  What about Lot leaving Sodom, when do things get so bad that God does not require us to unconditionally love those intent on destruction?  If we really do follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, will we be seeking the whole world to see our good deeds, or instead seeking to be obedient, even if our obedience looks like a failure to others?  God Bless you Firestormx, thank you for posting your thoughts.  

2 hours ago, hmbld said:

Hi firestormx!  My first reaction, is perhaps the church is where it needs to be?  

Are you looking for people to stand up and make a media show for their chance to say "look at me, I'm a great christian, put me on the news"?

I hope I didn't go off in the wrong direction here firestormx, for I am with you on I've been thinking about the world, those around me, and what changes do I really need to make?  What really does God require of us when it looks like destruction all around?  Love unconditionally?  What about Lot leaving Sodom, when do things get so bad that God does not require us to unconditionally love those intent on destruction?  If we really do follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, will we be seeking the whole world to see our good deeds, or instead seeking to be obedient, even if our obedience looks like a failure to others?  God Bless you Firestormx, thank you for posting your thoughts.  

I don't think the church is where it needs to be at all. The only time you see or hear about church leaders is in church.  When Jesus would enter a town, he would heal all the sick in that town. Does Jesus operate through the church, specifically through the church leaders? Has Jesus changed?

When Paul and Barnabas entered that town, where the people lifted them on their shoulders calling them Gods because the power of God operated through them so strong, they were not saying " look at me and what a great christian I am", but speaking God's truth that was backed up with God's power. Standing up and speaking truth, being the leader that God called the church elders to be, is not saying look at me. That I see as a cop out. All these Ministers whom go by every title there is from Pastor to Apostle to everything in between. If the " anointing " that is on them works in church, then why not after a disaster and tragedy like in Dallas. These Ministers say God can Heal and save, but after a disaster they are no where to be found.  I am frustrated.  I am sick of people who are suppose to be so anointed telling how God can heal the sick and the broken hearted, but suddenly become impotent when a real disaster strikes and it is really needed. How come God is so powerful through them on Sunday, so much so they have to have people around them to keep the little people from getting to close, but let a disaster strike and they are no where to be found. I am frustrated and tired of a powerless and impotent Gospel. I am frustrated to my very core. I can't explain it other than that. 

Look this is real simple. Don't take my word for this. Go to God and ask him from your heart to show you the truth of the matter. The church leaders for the most part are not doing what they are suppose to. Instead of the doctrine of Jesus Christ, we get the traditions of men. Instead of the Holy Spirit and power we get doctrines that tickle men's ears. When is a leader going to stand up in the spirit and power of the Holy Ghost, speaking the truth without compromise in love? 

I am tired of a form of godliness, denying the power thereof.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

8 hours ago, firestormx said:

I am frustrated.  I am sick of people who are suppose to be so anointed telling how God can heal the sick and the broken hearted, but suddenly become impotent when a real disaster strikes and it is really needed. How come God is so powerful through them on Sunday, so much so they have to have people around them to keep the little people from getting to close, but let a disaster strike and they are no where to be found. I am frustrated and tired of a powerless and impotent Gospel. I am frustrated to my very core. I can't explain it other than that. 

Look this is real simple. Don't take my word for this. Go to God and ask him from your heart to show you the truth of the matter. The church leaders for the most part are not doing what they are suppose to. Instead of the doctrine of Jesus Christ, we get the traditions of men. Instead of the Holy Spirit and power we get doctrines that tickle men's ears. When is a leader going to stand up in the spirit and power of the Holy Ghost, speaking the truth without compromise in love? 

Amen! and well spoken!  

I have to say, I love the passion you spoke with to desiring "more"!  

Yesterday, in reading the daily devotional book of Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest, as always it caused me to pause and think deeply, only this article drew my attention even more as it was speaking of obedience, which seems to be the one word standing out and grabbing me almost every day this year.  Now, I bring this up only to get to the last line of yesterday, which said: "Will to be loyal-and give other people credit for being loyal too."

Now, that really cut at me, for I've been incredibly judgmental towards who I see as being the church.  Similar to statements you bring up only I did not tie it to any disasters, just where are God's people in every day living?  Where are they?  

9 hours ago, firestormx said:

How come God is so powerful through them on Sunday, so much so they have to have people around them to keep the little people from getting to close

This makes me think you attend a much larger church than the ones I've been too, as I have not witnessed this.  I have some critical notions of church, traditions, people attending purely for social attention, not caring about the why church even exists, I've spent time thinking how organized it all seems, and distant it seems from what I read in Scripture:  Acts 16:25  And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

I do love the smallest of the churches I have attended, less formal, am I wrong to think church should less traditions and more personal?

Oswald on July 4th started with, "One of God's great don'ts"

"Fret not thyself, it tendeth only to evil doing."  Psalm 37:8.  

All this to say, I want more.  I too, want to see scripture lived out in belief and actions.  Only, I don't necessarily expect this to come from church leaders, I think it comes from obedience.  Obedient to the leading of the Holy Spirit.  Can I reason out where God wants me in the now?  Should I be actively looking for a disaster to find my usefulness?  What about the homeless, that are homeless every day?  What about my family, surely I can reason that God wants me to influence my Grandkids, to let them know they are loved.  How do I reason out what God wants of me this day?  Why do I not see the church leaders healing people in disasters?  

I am reminded of Matthew 11:18-19 

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.

19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

How easy it is to criticize others, whether they eat, or they don't eat, I can find fault in them. (or so I believe)

Matthew 11:28-30  

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I bring up that last passage, to say that my mind tells me I should be being useful to God.  Surely He wants to see action, wants me to prove to Him, or to other people, that I love Him, and I love His children.  But I am stuck in the "Come unto me".  I apologize if this is getting too long, or not the discussion you were seeking.  This is something I'm working through.  I think my critical spirit is my roadblock to the "more".  Rest.  burden is light.  meek and lowly in heart.  I fear I am not on topic.  This whole week I have been critical of others, I will each day to cease, yet I continue.  Well, I am in tears, I shall go, thanks for listening, God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

47 minutes ago, hmbld said:

This whole week I have been critical of others, I will each day to cease, yet I continue.  Well, I am in tears, I shall go, thanks for listening, God bless

Being critical of others is almost a disease. It's the same thing as being judgemental and that's why it's so bad. But it's good that confessing this brought you to tears. At least you're aware of it and that's step 1 in overcoming it. I think most people with this problem won't even admit it to themselves. I'm writing to you about it because I struggled with it for decades. I'm trying to figure out how to explain what I did about it. I guess the 1st thing I did was to learn to keep my mouth shut when the critical thoughts came to my mind. At least by doing that I stopped offending others. Secondly, after I left the situation I spent time thinking why I made a judgement on someone. All too often I found that it was because I too had the desire to do that. We often hate others for character traits we share but we hate them so much in ourselves that we aren't even aware of them. So everytime we see them in another person we get critical, judgemental, and we blow our mouths at them. By realizing I had the impulse to do what I found offensive I learned to stop being so critical of others. Or at least I no longer said anything. It's hardest to do this when the other person makes me angry. That's when I walk away as fast as possible. Even if it's just going in another room. Finally, when I am alone I confess to God that "Lord I'm sorry because I did it again". That helps a lot but bear in mind it's not step 1. I have to go through all the steps I explained otherwise my confession to God is cop out to stop feeling guilty. I still get judgemental thoughts but I almost never act on them anymore. Also keep in mind there are times when you're judgement is correct, but that doesn't mean you should say anything. For example, I know a man who is an old HS buddy of 1 of my distant cousins. This man is a chronic liar, and I'm not being critical, it's a fact. I know him so long I can say this honestly. He makes me angry and therefore I try to avoid him. But when I must talk to him the sin I have to then confess to God is not being judgemental but getting angry. I hope this helps.

Firestormx I apologize for going off topic here. But I think being critical is a problem most of us deal with. hmbld touched my soul with his honesty of this problem so I wanted to share what I do.

I can't say anything about what the topic of this thread because I can't even find a local church to go to. So I don't know how pastors are behaving nowadays. Again, I'm sorry.

1 hour ago, JTC said:

Firestormx I apologize for going off topic here. But I think being critical is a problem most of us deal with. hmbld touched my soul with his honesty of this problem so I wanted to share what I do.

Again, I'm sorry.

Showing the love of God to another never warrants an apology

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 minutes ago, firestormx said:

Showing the love of God to another never warrants an apology

:)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

12 hours ago, firestormx said:

Amen!  So seek a deeper anointing!  As I've said before -- don't seek to get more of the Holy Spirit, but pray -- Lord how can you get MORE of me!  :)

3 hours ago, hmbld said:

Amen! and well spoken!  

I have to say, I love the passion you spoke with to desiring "more"!  

I bring up that last passage, to say that my mind tells me I should be being useful to God.  Surely He wants to see action, wants me to prove to Him, or to other people, that I love Him, and I love His children.  But I am stuck in the "Come unto me".  I apologize if this is getting too long, or not the discussion you were seeking.  This is something I'm working through.  I think my critical spirit is my roadblock to the "more".  Rest.  burden is light.  meek and lowly in heart.  I fear I am not on topic.  This whole week I have been critical of others, I will each day to cease, yet I continue.  Well, I am in tears, I shall go, thanks for listening, God bless

I am going to also share a deeply personal aspect of this. I have a lot of dreams and visions as spoken of in the bible. I have received a lot of criticism over this, so I have learned to try to use wisdom when I speak about them. I have had many in regards to the church. I will share with you one of the ones I have not been able to get out of my head recently. 

At the start of it I am standing in a church. The church is completely full. I am standing in the main isle of this large church. In front of me is a large bible on a stand and behind that is the pulpit with a Preacher, preaching and teaching. Over to the left of the preacher I see Jesus hanging on the cross. The preacher keeps teaching. Then someone comes up from the pews and hands the preacher a bag of money. Jesus dies on the cross. I then watch Jesus be put in the tomb. The preacher starts teaching and preaching again and everything with Jesus goes in reverse until he is being whipped and beaten. Then put on the cross. then dies . Then put in the tomb again. As this is happening the Preacher is teaching and preaching and only stops for a moment to laugh and smile when he is handed another bag of money. This process happens over and over as I helplessly watch. Then suddenly the bible that is on the stand in front of me starts to glow with the brightest and purest light I have ever seen, and comes flying to me. It hovers above the ground right in front of me, glowing. As it does I realize that the preacher is teaching lies. He is prostituting Jesus and the cross for his own gain. When I realize this I look up and see Jesus is no longer on the cross or in the tomb, but standing in front of me and asks me to follow him.

In another completely different dream I was once again in a church. The church was full, but everyone was distracted by phones and books and anything else you could think of. Nobody was in the pulpit preaching. Nobody! I looked at the clock to see it was 11:55. I knew the it was over at 12 noon, in just 5 minutes. I couldn't understand why nobody was up preaching. why was everyone so distracted? Why wasn't people doing what they were suppose to? There was a storm outside. The people were to distracted to either notice or to care. The didn't seemed bothered by the fact there was no body in the pulpit either. Then I woke up.

Church leaders ( most ) are not doing what they are suppose to. I am frustrated . I don't understand why this dreams won't leave me. I am not a preacher. Who would ever listen to me? I am nobody. But I know what I saw was from God. I know that A lot of people are in danger of hell fire. I know a lot of people are not doing what they are suppose to. All this mixed with the shootings is/was my motivation for this thread. I am frustrated and don't understand why.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

5 minutes ago, firestormx said:

Church leaders ( most ) are not doing what they are suppose to. I am frustrated . I don't understand why this dreams won't leave me. I am not a preacher. Who would ever listen to me? I am nobody. But I know what I saw was from God. I know that A lot of people are in danger of hell fire. I know a lot of people are not doing what they are suppose to. All this mixed with the shootings is/was my motivation for this thread. I am frustrated and don't understand why.

I'm going to tell you a little secret the Lord showed me very EARLY on in my walk as I was praying for revival.  REVIVAL will be brought by the "unknowns".  Those who are so behind the scenes -- that nobody knows them -- but all they know is Jesus in them -- the hope of glory!  :)  This is precisely why you'll never find my name (except here when I post) on Worthy News / Worthy Devotions, etc.  I don't want people looking to a person -- but looking toward Him.

Revival will be brought forth -- by the unknowns!  :)   So don't worry about church leaders, and their failures -- but ask Lord -- how can I participate in the greatest harvest the world has ever known?   :)