• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Uh it really isn't so bad that this has to happen. :shocked:

LadyKay, sorry, I responded to the one statement about asking the gentleman to leave and it seems to have taken over. I understand that aspect because it is one of the issues with which we are contending. That was why I made such a strong response. Never should one be asked or suggested that they leave. Wrong headed thinking. Compassion and understanding why this gentleman is acting this way. I think he is only wanting to back up what the minister is saying. Ask God to show you love for him...sometimes that is hard but ask him why he speaks out...we all do in conversation that may be all he is doing.....supporting what the minister is saying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/20/2016 at 1:39 PM, Butero said:

I could easily adapt to a type of service where people ask questions, but I am not so sure that is how the early church did things.  I believe someone would get up there and give a long message with no questions.  It appears that is what Paul was doing when someone fell asleep and fell out of the window. 

2 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I think he is only wanting to back up what the minister is saying.

Paul's manner was always that of discussion, debate, and reasoning with his audience wherever he went. In the passage in question, the Greek uses the verb dialegomai (from which we get the term dialogue)= discussing. He was discussing and reasoning with the disciples according to the Greek custom of the times. Likewise, this was the practice of Jesus when he entered a synagogue or taught in the Temple. It was likewise the practice of John the Baptist in his ministry.

If I had been there, I would have plenty of questions to ask and discuss with him about the Scriptures, because he was the most knowledgeable source to be found, and this was a rare opportunity to ask him in person. As every good teacher can tell you, students (and teacher alike) profit more from involved discussion rather than passive listening. No reason at all why this should not include "sermons," a term not even found in the Scriptures.

As far as the person in the present case goes, I think he just wants to be involved in the fellowship meeting, and not merely preached at. Only a post-Apostolic tradition of men requires that one pastor should speak while all others accept without a word whatever he has to say.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 7/10/2016 at 6:03 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

I think what he is doing is very bad form, so it isn't just you.  No one should be deliberately interrupting the Pastor during a sermon unless he purposely asks for someone's input.

What is a pastor?

What makes a person a pastor or priest for that matter?

A government sponsored certificate that allows you to take money from a congregation?

Who is your Teacher, what does The Word say?

Dont get me wrong, SOME out there are called to be a pastor, MOST call themselves.

People place alot of faith in a visible man and not enough in the invisible God.

Love you guys, peace.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

4 hours ago, Bluebird said:

I think it is really important to get to know someone, and find out what is behind the observed behavior. Usually, that can't be done in a five minute conversation either. A big problem with all social interaction is that people pass judgement on others based on how they behave without looking into why they do what they do. As Christians, it is far better if we get to know others really well, and find out what is driving their behavior and pray for their hurts, because in most cases there is a deeply embedded lie they really believe about themselves that is expressing in poor behavior.

Amen and thank you. I'm in agreement. I would also put another layer on this. Is God using the interruption to get the attention of someone in the fellowship to send a message? If my thinking is way out there, please let me know. 

Edited by encouragedon'tjudge

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Up Date On This Topic:

I thought I would up date you on this topic. It seems that someone did speak to this guy about interrupting the pastor. I do not know who or what they said, but since then he has stop interrupting the sermon and stop trying to add his own words to the sermon.  I don't think he meant any harm. I think he just did not realize it was something he shouldn't do. So all is well. :)

• LadyKay changed the title to Interrupting The Pastor UP DATE!