ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Labyrinths seem to be popping up all over arizona lately. And they seem to be at a lot of churches. 

For those who do not know what one is ...

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/558edbf1e4b01c6273e91237/t/55907281e4b0475f86cd5dd0/1435530444642/

While I like the look of a labyrinth, they disturb me a bit. Especially that so many churches have them, methodist, catholic etc. What do you all know or think about this practice?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Labyrinths seem to be popping up all over arizona lately. And they seem to be at a lot of churches.

Please what do you mean by popping up?

They made them, or they just appear somehow....

1 hour ago, xyluz said:

Please what do you mean by popping up?

They made them, or they just appear somehow....

Whomever owns the property, in many cases a church, has been erecting (or giving permission for someone else to erect) labyrinths for people to walk on.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

For those who do not know what one is ...

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/558edbf1e4b01c6273e91237/t/55907281e4b0475f86cd5dd0/1435530444642/

While I like the look of a labyrinth, they disturb me a bit. Especially that so many churches have them, methodist, catholic etc. What do you all know or think about this practice?

It's like the Catholic version of "prayer walking" that so many evangelicals are into these days.  Dates back to the 19th century.

Guest Teditis

I think that anything that helps people to meditate/reflect on God is a good thing.

The question would remain for each individual what are they using these things for?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Labyrinths are rooted in  paganism and incorporated by Catholicism. That are now promoted by the Emergent Church. Paul's warning to the Church should keep us focused on Jesus and avoid empty rituals.....NOT GOOD!!!

1 hour ago, Davida said:

These Pagan Labyrinths were popular with the new age stuff in the early 80's & early 90's and were used to get in touch with your "higher self" & all that occultic spiritual realm garbage. It's a demonic tool & technique and they are like Miss muffet says --totally bad news!   This is subtle dangerous stuff, &  what you are seeing is the infiltration of this stuff only now  because you were sheltered being good obedient Christian  people-- -  unlike me :-(  who was riding the crest of this New Age Tsunami wave in the late 80's and early 90's that we see now is breaking on the shores society and thoroughly become mainstream.  I'm concerned to see them accepted  & built around so many of  the Churches.

Im concerned too. I knew of a few around catholic churches, but I was checking out geocaches in a nearby town. A lost person (she admits she is a pagan) has a series near labyrinths. Several of them are located near various churches of different denominations. That struck me as way off.

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

what I know of this stuff, I don't think this impingement upon Church property is a coincidence. Even if the lady is not consciously doing it there is an active spiritual battle going on. 

The lady is merely putting geocaches there. The churches on their own decided to put up labyrinths.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

No ideas of thoughts on this, never really  concerned myself with why people do these, I imagined for various reasons. I have found two in may area, found them physically, but just looking around my local desert using google maps imagery. One of them is at 34°33'59.9″n 117°05'31.0w  but I do not recall where the other one is, other than to say that I recall it is east of Apple Valley, CA.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Teditis said:

I think that anything that helps people to meditate/reflect on God is a good thing.

The question would remain for each individual what are they using these things for?