IGNORED

LGBT vs Hetero: Stop the Bloodshed, Stay Biblical

SHINY4UJESUS

1 hour ago, SHINY4UJESUS said:

Well brother you are free to twist the scripture to whatever purpose you wish. I do not wish to continue to promote deception and contention. Your perspectives are very opinion based rather than scriptural. It is written that thse things of the spirit are only discerned by those born of the Spirit. I was asked for sound scriptural evidence, which I provided. I would like to note that your continued intent here is to cause dissent, promote disunity, promote deception and continue to cast condemnation on both the Word of God and its minister. These things reflect the spirit of satan; not that of God. I will wash my hands of this matter and simply let God dictate what shall be done with one so iven to deception, hatred and condemnation; for the Word is clear on this. 

With all due respect, I have found nothing in Shiloh's posts in this that have not been Scripturally supported nor do I see anything that indicates he is "deceiving" anyone.

As to the issue at hand: this is what Jesus had to say in John chapter 8:

"Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are Abraham’s descendants; yet you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father.” They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you are Abraham’s children, do the deeds of Abraham. But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do. You are doing the deeds of your father.” They said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me? He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”" (John 8:34-47, NASB, emphasis mine)

Jesus confirmed that we are not automatically God's "children"; if this were the case, He would have called the Pharisees "sons of God" instead of indicating that Satan was their father.

Luke also tells us in Acts chapter 13:

"So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus. When they reached Salamis, they began to proclaim the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews; and they also had John as their helper. When they had gone through the whole island as far as Paphos, they found a magician, a Jewish false prophet whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, a man of intelligence. This man summoned Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God. But Elymas the magician (for so his name is translated) was opposing them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. But Saul, who was also known as Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixed his gaze on him, and said, “You who are full of all deceit and fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to make crooked the straight ways of the Lord? Now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you will be blind and not see the sun for a time.” And immediately a mist and a darkness fell upon him, and he went about seeking those who would lead him by the hand. Then the proconsul believed when he saw what had happened, being amazed at the teaching of the Lord." (Acts 13:4-12, NASB, emphasis mine)

Additionally, John tells us in 1 John chapter 3:

"Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother. For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother’s were righteous." (1 John 3:4-12, NASB, emphasis mine)

Were it true that all mankind is considered "God's children", there would be no need to be born again, and certainly no requirement for the Lord Jesus to have come to die for our sins.

Scripture confirms in these 3 passages that sinners are not the children of God; only those who have been born again have Jesus' righteousness imputed to them:

"For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, (as it is written, “A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU”) in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist. In hope against hope he believed, so that he might become a father of many nations according to that which had been spoken, “SO SHALL YOUR DESCENDANTS BE.” Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah’s womb; yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. Therefore IT WAS ALSO CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him, but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification." (Romans 4:16-25, NASB, emphasis mine)

Because of this, only those who trust in the Lord are "His children". There is no way around it.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

SHINY4UJESUS has been banned from the topic for a violation of the Terms of Service.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No worries, Shiny4Jesus is no longer with us.  I figured something had happened.  I got a pm from him last night.  He has left us for greener pastures.  He said he was leaving for a website with more Bible based Christians.  A site that was more in tune with the Bible.  

Right... I wished him well.