• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49

That's correct.  Sodom's sin was lack of hospitality. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It is so sad to see tolerance placed on the same level as love and expect the same results.  If you love gay people, as we should, they need to be told the truth, not just tolerate their lifestyle.  You can tolerate someone all the way until they die and end up in hell and it will do them absolutely no good.   Loving them by telling them of their sin, as with any other sin, will plant a seed in their heart/mind, something the Holy Spirit will work with.  Tolerance will never point anyone to the Lord.

Revelation 21:6-8

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.  He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.  But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

• This is Worthy 1

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

It is so sad to see tolerance placed on the same level as love and expect the same results.  If you love gay people, as we should, they need to be told the truth, not just tolerate their lifestyle.  You can tolerate someone all the way until they die and end up in hell and it will do them absolutely no good.   Loving them by telling them of their sin, as with any other sin, will plant a seed in their heart/mind, something the Holy Spirit will work with.  Tolerance will never point anyone to the Lord.

I don't think Jesus ever taught any of that or implied it.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1

Just now, SkyWriting said:

Oh, yes He did.  He spoke the truth with boldness and in love.  Perhaps you should spend more time in study and less time trying to tolerate sin and calling it love.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Oh, yes He did.  He spoke the truth with boldness and in love.  Perhaps you should spend more time in study and less time trying to tolerate sin and calling it love.

You haven't given me anything to study.  Just preaching hate so far.  But I'm patient.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

You haven't given me anything to study.  Just preaching hate so far.  But I'm patient.

You may or may not be patient,  but no, not very knowledgeable,  or you would not even have thought 'hate' was given.

The lessons you need (as likewise most visitors and members here) , but have never learned, are all in worthychristianlibrary.com ......

It is at least several months to a years reading, and longer to learn, while also reading the Scripture the lessons come from. (even though they are tested and proven,  just like Apostle Paul said do not accept anything even if an 'angel' appears or an apostle tells you,  UNLESS it agrees with the Scripture/Gospel/GOOD NEWS already delivered..... )

• This is Worthy 1

57 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

That is the problem from what I see,  You consider speaking truth as hate.  You have ignored everything people have provided you so far.  Since I am at work at the moment, checking in on my break, allo wme to start you off with eth following post alread provided to you.

14 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

In other words: you've been trying to undermine the authority of Scripture on this forum so you can defend "tolerating" the gay lifestyle.

Here's what you're ignoring:

" But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:16-24, NASB, emphasis mine)

(Wasn't that in the same chapter you just quoted?)

Also:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error .And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1:18-32, NASB, emphasis mine)

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6, 9-11, NASB, emphasis mine)

And:

" And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” " (Revelation 21:5-8, NASB, emphasis mine)

God never changed His mind about homosexuality being an abomination; the New Testament reflects the Old on this-

" ‘Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness during her menstrual impurity. You shall not have intercourse with your neighbor’s wife, to be defiled with her. You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. ‘Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion." Leviticus 18: 19-23, NASB, emphasis mine)

As a point of fact; those committing those kinds of acts are placing themselves under the Law  and its' judgment:

"But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted. " (1 Timothy 10:8-11, NASB, emphasis mine)

So quoting the OT on this is not "returning to the Law" as some would claim, but recognizing that what was said in it is recognized by the NT and still  described as an abomination, one that the Lord hates and considers nauseating.

So, with that much Scripture opposing what you're trying to peddle here, "SkyWriter", I don't think you have much of any "ground to stand on with this". God calls Homosexuality something that makes him want to vomit and He's called it that all throughout the Bible.

You want to "love" your neighbor?

Then love them enough to tell them the truth about what the Bible says about their sin!!!

And with that, I am done trying to reason with you. You're on ignore.

I can assure you that I have personal experience in the matters of the gay lifestyle as some in my family that are gay claim they are also following Christ claiming that love is above all, while disregarding what His love is all about.  True love does not accept sin.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

14 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:vacuum:

The

These six things does the LORD hate: yes, seven are an abomination to him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that devises wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaks lies, and he that sows discord among brothers. Proverbs 6:16-19 (American King James Version)

Horrible Sins

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. Ezekiel 16:49 ( English Standard Version)

Of The Unbelievers

God's anger is revealed from heaven against every ungodly and immoral thing people do as they try to suppress the truth by their immoral living.

What can be known about God is clear to them because he has made it clear to them. From the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly observed in what he made. As a result, people have no excuse. They knew God but did not praise and thank him for being God. Instead, their thoughts were pointless, and their misguided minds were plunged into darkness. While claiming to be wise, they became fools. They exchanged the glory of the immortal God for statues that looked like mortal humans, birds, animals, and snakes.

For this reason God allowed their lusts to control them. As a result, they dishonor their bodies by sexual perversion with each other. These people have exchanged God's truth for a lie. So they have become ungodly and serve what is created rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen!

For this reason God allowed their shameful passions to control them. Their women have exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. Likewise, their men have given up natural sexual relations with women and burn with lust for each other. Men commit indecent acts with men, so they experience among themselves the punishment they deserve for their perversion.

And because they thought it was worthless to acknowledge God, God allowed their own immoral minds to control them. So they do these indecent things. Their lives are filled with all kinds of sexual sins, wickedness, and greed. They are mean. They are filled with envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, haughty, arrogant, and boastful. They think up new ways to be cruel. They don't obey their parents, don't have any sense, don't keep promises, and don't show love to their own families or mercy to others.

Although they know God's judgment that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do these things but also approve of others who do them. Romans 1:18-32 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

6 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

Name one example affecting gay people whom you know.  

Except for Paul.  His conversion was not complete.
A number of his personality failings remained
from his persecution of Christians. 

16As it is, you boast in your proud intentions. All such boasting is evil. 

17Therefore, whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin.

And those who do not think so, are not guilty.

5 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

That's correct.  Sodom's sin was lack of hospitality. 

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

Revelation 21:6-8

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.  He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.  But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

:vacuum:

Although they know God's judgment that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do these things but also approve of others who do them. Romans 1:32 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

There is a lot more to Sodom than you might realize. The men there wanted to 'know' the angels that came to rescue Lot and family.

They probably had experience 'knowing' angelics... (fallen ones perhaps?)

The two angels said to Lot and family, take our hands... Next verse they were IMMEDIATELY outside the city. No long trek thru hostiles, no jostling crowds, just immediately set outside the city.
The Lord God had heard the cries from within the city. He PURGED the city. He CREMATED that city.

Sodomy is abhorrent to the Lord our God. An ABOMINATION is what He says about it. Period.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

This is the way they post it, but they always leave part of verse 11 out, which reads:

"Go now and leave your life of sin." 

You can't leave out the most important verse.
As you can see, He leaves it up her to decide what her sins are. Not up to
the finger pointers and preachers to decide.  He even tells the loud
mouths to go home and mind their own business and their own lives.
Likely there were busy bodies, preachers and community minded
do-gooder in the crowd all guilty of the sin of judging the sins of others.

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Praying! 1