IGNORED

The harbinger of Baal appears in New York City

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357
46 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

You confuse strife with disagreement.  It does nobody any good to ignore incorrect information being posted.  If someone disagreeing  with your opinion is equated to strife in your mind, perhaps you should look inward. 

No, it is the spirit of strife that comes from your posts.    The rest of us disagree with each other all of the time; there is a difference.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The spirit of teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training?  Perhaps you should take a look at how your accept correction.  Read the story of the Tower of Babel, the problem was not the tower, the problem was not the rocks and stones.   It was men ignoring God's command to populate the whole earth.  

That's interesting, for My Bible says that they were building something that would reach into where God is if you look into the original Hebrew......   and then states that they were capable of doing whatever they set thier minds to do.

There was much more to the tower than just where populations were located....    as the population grew they would have been forced to move out anyway, or starve.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, other one said:

That's interesting, for My Bible says that they were building something that would reach into where God is if you look into the original Hebrew......   and then states that they were capable of doing whatever they set thier minds to do.

There was much more to the tower than just where populations were located....    as the population grew they would have been forced to move out anyway, or starve.

Unless you think they were capable of reaching God, then the building was not the problem.  It seems God did not want to wait for starvation to force them to disperse.  

15 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Unless you think they were capable of reaching God, then the building was not the problem.  It seems God did not want to wait for starvation to force them to disperse.  

Well, I tend to believe my Bible and it says that they could......   See this was right after the flood when the knowledge of the fallen angels was still available.....   we know almost nothing of the preflood days from the Bible itself...

2 hours ago, other one said:

Well, I tend to believe my Bible and it says that they could......   See this was right after the flood when the knowledge of the fallen angels was still available.....   we know almost nothing of the preflood days from the Bible itself...

That is not actually what the Bible says, the words "will reach" or "may reach" are added in the English translations, they are not there in the original Hebrew.  They were added to try and have it make more sense to us. 

Also, it was not right after the flood.  Right after the flood there were 6 people.  How many generations would have to pass before you had a large enough population to have a large city and to start building a tower to heaven?   Lets say that each generation was only 13 years apart and the population doubled each generation (which we know does not really happen).  We are still talking more than 10 generations to even get much above 1000 people.

Michael Hiser who has a doctorate in Hebrew disagrees with you. Tom Horn who has a degree in divinity and speaks and reads Hebrew fluently disagrees with you......  I think I'll go along with them...   they seem to have a good grip on the language in many instances.

4 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

It was the spirit they displayed; that whatever they wanted to do, they would set their minds to doing. And starvation was not going to force them out: do you really think they would be able to build such a structure and not have supplies for food and water for them to continue working on it? These people were not idiots in that regard.

On another note: all the critics of God in the Old Testament claim He is cruel: confusing the people's language was a lot more gentle than starvation. And nowhere did it say that the Lord confused family member's languages, so it's not like the Lord split up families.

Edited by RobertS

11 minutes ago, RobertS said:

It was the spirit they displayed; that whatever they wanted to do, they would set their minds to doing. And starvation was not going to force them out: do you really think they would be able to build such a structure and not have supplies for food and water for them to continue working on it? These people were not idiots in that regard.

On another note: all the critics of God in the Old Testament claim He is cruel: confusing the people's language was a lot more gentle than starvation. And nowhere did it say that the Lord confused family member's languages, so it's not like the Lord split up families.

sooner or later as the population grew it would have to....   not on the time table the Lord wanted, but nothing they were doing was what he had directed them to do.    They were trying to rebuild the pre flood general way of living which would have ended the same way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/26/2016 at 0:53 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

and some people look for evil in all things.  Rock, bricks and mortar have no "spiritual realm", they are physical elements. 

Actually is not really true. Physical elements have spiritual associations, and if you cannot see that you need to dig deeper. Start with this.

http://freedomoutpost.com/a-spirit-of-violence-rises-in-america-following-the-unveiling-of-the-harbinger-of-baal-in-new-york/

3 hours ago, other one said:

Michael Hiser who has a doctorate in Hebrew disagrees with you. Tom Horn who has a degree in divinity and speaks and reads Hebrew fluently disagrees with you......  I think I'll go along with them...   they seem to have a good grip on the language in many instances.

You are going to have to do a little better than just throwing out some names.  

You can open any interlinear bible and see that the words "may reach" (if you are using the KJV, slightly different words if you are using some other translations) are not part of the original Hebrew.  This is not up for debate, there is nothing to disagree with.  

As far as how far removed from the Flood, well we know that 8 people got off the ark, 6 of those started having children sometime after the flood.  The story of the Tower of Babel is not the story of a dozen people building a tower, it was a city which indicates a large number of people.  So it would take a number of generations to get from 6 to a city full, it didn't happen overnight.  

So, I really do not know what these people you mentioned would disagree with.  It would be helpful if you added a source or two, "because you said so" really does not work for me.