IGNORED

Quotations of Jesus

Xax

9 hours ago, Xax said:
When Jesus was alive nothing was apparently written down about him. The gospel writers only recorded what he is supposed to have said many years later. So how is it possible that they could quote him word for word, even if eye witnesses statements were available?

How many of us could quote the exact words of a conversation we had with someone last week, let alone many years ago?

Your mistake is comparing mental acuity of nowadays to biblical times. Back then, folks had to rely on memory a lot more than they do now to retain information, as reading and writing wee not so widespread as today. And yes, there are those of us who do have editic memories and can in fact quote chapter and verse from memory along with other instances in our lives.

Just because something doesn't happen in your life doesn't mean it did not happen, unless you think launching a satellite into space is impossible because you never did it.

6 hours ago, Xax said:

You have NO evidence that is true, only a belief

Well, before you start crowing about "evidence", you may want to state precisely what qualifications evidence has to have for you to accept it. And I don't mean "the bible doesn't qualify because I say so"; state the specifics of the quantity, quality, age, composition and exactly why certain type would or would not be acceptable.

7 hours ago, Xax said:

I don't believe that silly nonsense  anymore, even though I believed it at the time, even though god and Jesus never gave me an indication they existed, which was unforgivable of them, if they do.

No, what I suspect is that some "new atheists" got a hold of you, shattered your faith with their rantings, tried to fill you with "a sense of wonder" and set you loose to "do unto others" as they did to you.

8 hours ago, Xax said:

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Why, because you don't think a person can be inspired to write? Or because the voices of Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and Daniel Dennett are still ringing in your head, claiming it to be "nonsense"?

BTW: if atheism is supposed to be "reason", then why did Aldous Hulxley and several other atheists (Harris and Dawkins included) confirm with their own words that they did not believe because they "did not want there to be a god"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The time I speak of is after the great white throne judgment and death and hell are swallowed up into God everlasting wrath and all that was first created are burn completely up and John sees a new Heaven and New Earth coming down from ... Rev 20-21

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, Xax said:

So how is it possible that they could quote him word for word, even if eye witnesses statements were available?

That actually proves that the Bible was written supernaturally.  The words were given to prophets, evangelists, and apostles by God the Holy Spirit, therefore they only wrote what was given to them by God.  This is called "Divine inspiration" or more precisely "God-breathed" Scripture.  

This would be similar to a secretary taking down notes dictated by her boss, and simply transcribing those notes without any alterations.

Not everything which Jesus did or said was recorded either.  In fact, the Gospels are extremely concise.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

10 hours ago, Teditis said:

God gave you the Book and He gave you at least some measure of faith, if as you say you once believed, right?

So He did give you plenty of "indications"... it sounds like you gave up on Him rather than He gave up on you.

10 hours ago, Xax said:

I don't believe that silly nonsense  anymore, even though I believed it at the time, even though god and Jesus never gave me an indication they existed, which was unforgivable of them, if they do.

You leave me speechless and believe me that doesn't happen very often when it comes to things like this. 

I"m not even sure why you are here.  If you think you are going to rock our boats you are sadly mistaken, and as for giving you any indication They exist, They own you nothing because Jesus has already given the Supreme sacrifice for you and you have rejected it.  

So just to answer my curiosity why are you here? Why would you come here knowing it is a Christian site and think you are are going to muddy our waters? Not happening.

Our desire and goal  here is to share the Gospel.  To tell people that God loves them and has given them a way out  of an eternity without Him. To tell them that Jesus gave His life willingly so that you may have joy and peace here and an eternity with Him in Heaven.  You were created to be eternal by the way... and you will spend eternity somewhere.  Where is up to you.  

Blessings, RustyAngeL

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

That actually proves that the Bible was written supernaturally.  The words were given to prophets, evangelists, and apostles by God the Holy Spirit, therefore they only wrote what was given to them by God.  This is called "Divine inspiration" or more precisely "God-breathed" Scripture.  

This would be similar to a secretary taking down notes dictated by her boss, and simply transcribing those notes without any alterations.

Not everything which Jesus did or said was recorded either.  In fact, the Gospels are extremely concise.

Amen Ezra!

13 hours ago, Xax said:
When Jesus was alive nothing was apparently written down about him. The gospel writers only recorded what he is supposed to have said many years later. So how is it possible that they could quote him word for word, even if eye witnesses statements were available?

How many of us could quote the exact words of a conversation we had with someone last week, let alone many years ago?

And just to let you know Jesus is still very much alive and well, sitting at the right Hand of the Father.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Xax said:

The god featured in the Bible doesn't appear to be very pleasant, more of a psycho than anything else, in fact Satan couldn't be any worse. To be frank if that god really does exist we should be doing our best to exterminate it.

I realise I have shot my bolt and will no doubt be banned for that comment, but no worries. I will leave you in peace to idolise your version of god.

Do you realize you will bow down someday to God?

You will admit someday that Jesus Christ is Lord!

…Why, then, do you judge your brother? Or why do you belittle your brother? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11It is written: “As surely as I live, says the Lord,every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God.” 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.…Romans 14:11