• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

I understand your point, but it is very vague evidence for a pre-Adamic creation.   

tohuw  means wilderness. Or nothingness.

bohuw means emptiness

Do you believe there is no created place in the universe that is an empty wilderness.   I see the beauty of creation in deserts and mountain ranges etc.   I don't agree with your point.  An empty wilderness is  good ... especially when it was created for the purpose of seeding life.   Your point has some sense to it, but is too subjective to prove an entire pre-Adamic creation. 

The Earth was dark in verse 2, so what were the angles seeing to shout with joy about. Think about it.

The initial creation event is actually not a part of the six day activity as described in this chapter of Divine revelation.  God did not create the earth on the first day!  Nor did the earth lay in a wasted void condition, shrouded in darkness, on the first day. When the earth lay in a chaotic state of darkness and emptiness there had been no spoken word from God which brought about that condition which is revealed in this chapter.  This mysterious condition is not a part of the “six days” of God’s activity.  The initial creation and the chaotic condition of the earth must await additional revelation in order to explain their causes. Even the mysterious movement of the Holy Spirit over the surface of the deep was not ushered in by the voice of God.  Instead, however, we can see that the movement of God’s Spirit upon the darkened earth brought about the utterance of God’s voice— “Let there be Light”—
 And suddenly the earth was illuminated.  It was really not a beautiful sight.  There could only be seen a wasted empty sphere which was totally submerged underneath one vast ocean of water. Nothing to shout for joy about at all.

The amazing revelation is that this first utterance of God’s voice, which inaugurated the first day, did not bring into existence the heavens or the earth itself.  The earth with all its resultant composition was obviously already here in existence.  Furthermore, the earth was somehow also quite securely hung in space and spinning on its axis.  The first of these six days only brought LIGHT into existence to illuminate what was already here. Hence, the initial creation of the heavens and the earth absolutely cannot be equated, or included, or incorporated into this six day activity. The theory that the first day began with the initial creation of the heavens and the earth, as we are seeing, is contextually impossible!  No amount of juggling explanations can supplant what the Scriptures are inspired to plainly reveal.  We should submit and allow this revelation to formulate our thinking about this very important subject.  Shocking as it may seem, this revelation is the absolute truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

6 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The Earth was dark in verse 2, so what were the angles seeing to shout with joy about. Think about it.

The angels seem to be celebrating the foundations of the earth, its beginnings. But like I said already your point is too subjective. Sometimes God uses natural processes and if nature/strong mist  caused this planet to become dark before creation week, this does not take away from the beauty of the planet, or the beauty of the plan for this planet. Still reason to celebrate.

Like I said before this isn't enough evidence to introduce an additional entire creation.

Edited by ARGOSY

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Strong mists or fog do not block out the suns rays.  In verse  4,  we read, "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from1 the darkness."

God divided the light from the darkness, not from the strong mist?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/5/2016 at 3:01 PM, ARGOSY said:

I'm not going to do all that research on a concept I haven't even seen yet in the bible. I'm not going to follow up on every person's strange theories. If you would like me or any other readers to do so, then give one or two good verses in the bible that hint at the concept of a Gap theory.   Hazard's verses and salty's verses do no such thing.  Please give me your best one or two bible verses that even hint at a gap.

No.  I'm not doing your work for you.

22 hours ago, hmbld said:

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

How can anything predate Jesus?

Adam predates Jesus, otherwise this Biblical verse would not be true.  Are you disputing the inerrancy of Holy Scripture?

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.  [KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:45]

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

26 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Adam predates Jesus, otherwise this Biblical verse would not be true.  Are you disputing the inerrancy of Holy Scripture?

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.  [KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:45]

I don't dispute scripture as I believe it to be inspired by God.  I will continue to dispute whether someone has misinterpreted scripture, including myself.  If all things were created by Jesus, then how could Adam truly be first unless there is something not understood here?  

7 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I don't dispute scripture as I believe it to be inspired by God.  I will continue to dispute whether someone has misinterpreted scripture, including myself.  If all things were created by Jesus, then how could Adam truly be first unless there is something not understood here?  

Sounds like you need to do some additional studying.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Sounds like you need to do some additional studying.

Thank you, that is very good advice, and I will!  While I study, I will probably keep asking questions!   God bless, 

15 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Strong mists or fog do not block out the suns rays.  In verse  4,  we read, "And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from1 the darkness."

God divided the light from the darkness, not from the strong mist?

Light is divided from darkness via the spinning earth. If the mist is thick enough it will block out the sun. We are not talking about modern mists, we are talking about a permanent mist that never lifted off the surface of the earth.

14 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

No.  I'm not doing your work for you.

No problem. Most people like to discuss their views here because the bible is easy to quote to support any view. . If you need external sources to justify your view I assume it gets a little technical. So I wont be investigating it.... I prefer views that are apparent from a few verses that can be shown during a discussion.