Salty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

If people who truly do not believe there was a gap between Genesis 1:1, and Genesis 1:2, and if they, with an honest and open heart, and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance, were to read all the scriptures provided in my last post which clearly show there were two great floods, one destroying the earth and "all therein" and covering it with water, and the other flood not destroying all life or blocking out the sun and moon, they will see the truth. Trouble is, most people, rather than go to the trouble of reading each and every one of the many dozens of Scriptures provided, which takes many hours of study, take the wide easy road and just believe what they are told, or what they think is the truth.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

50 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I don't think Enoch2021 is adept enough to make his point in a civilized manner.  That's why he will forever be on Ignore for me.

Actually, to be more PRECISE, it's because I pummeled your 2nd Grade Science Acumen on multiple threads/topics, so you decided to: close your eyes, stick you fingers in your ears, and say La La La over and over again.

regards

47 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

Actually, to be more PRECISE, it's because I pummeled your 2nd Grade Science Acumen on multiple threads/topics, so you decided to: close your eyes, stick you fingers in your ears, and say La La La over and over again.

regards

Scientific minds often miss the most simplistic factual truths.

Matthew 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

2 Timothy 3: 7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Getting to the truth is simple. What is the truth? The truth is considered hatred by those who hate the truth. Most people despise and hate the truth. Jesus Christ brought truth into the world and they crucified Him. The Bible is truth (John 17:17). Jesus is the truth (John 14:6). The Holy Spirit is truth (John 15:29). Jesus taught in John 4:24 that God the Father can only be worshipped in spirit and truth. The truth is very important, and the very reason for which Christ came into the world. John 18:37, “...To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.” The truth is that Jesus is the Son of God, the Christ, and only by faith is His name can anyone have their sins forgiven and obtain eternal life (John 20:31).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

This place has been part of my training in understanding sin in human beings that distorts and confuses reality through the imagination.

God has no reason to name anything unless it is new.  God spent most of Genesis one naming things that he was making.  

God simply speaks and things happen.  He calls things that aren't as if they are and they become.  

God said let there be light and there was light.  He named it day.  It did not exist before he called it into existence.  

It takes a lot of work to make the scriptures say things they don't.  I know from experience :) Anyone who tells me that it took many hours of work to put it all together misses the point of what true revelation is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

If people who truly do not believe there was a gap between Genesis 1:1, and Genesis 1:2, and if they, with an honest and open heart, and asking the Holy Spirit for guidance, were to read all the scriptures provided in my last post which clearly show there were two great floods, one destroying the earth and "all therein" and covering it with water, and the other flood not destroying all life or blocking out the sun and moon, they will see the truth. Trouble is, most people, rather than go to the trouble of reading each and every one of the many dozens of Scriptures provided, which takes many hours of study, take the wide easy road and just believe what they are told, or what they think is the truth.

I believe if God wanted something in between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, He would have put it right there for us to read.  Would you consider how what you are saying, is going against what God said about death?

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

I believe if God wanted something in between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, He would have put it right there for us to read.  Would you consider how what you are saying, is going against what God said about death?

Did you study all the Scriptures I provided showing clearly two world wide floods, one destroying the entire earth and all in it, and the other, not destroying the entire earth for man animals, birds the sun and moon shone? Probably not or you would not be saying what you say here.

2 Peter 3:5-7 expresses this clearly in plain human language,

5, "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing (emerging) out of the water and in the water:

6, Whereby the world "THAT THEN WAS," being overflowed with water, PERISHED:

7, But the heavens and the earth, "WHICH ARE NOW," by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
If "the world that then was" is the same as that between Adam and the flood of Noah, then God made "the heavens and the earth which are now", since the flood of Noah, but this the Bible does not teach. There is no statement in any Scripture that the heavens and the Earth which are now differ from what they were between the times of Adam and Noah. On the contrary, we have a clear record that in six days God made "the heavens and the earth which are now," and there is no record anywhere of a change being made in them by Noahs flood, so that they would have to be made over again after the flood. What kind of change could a flood make in the heavens and the Earth? No flood could change the heavens, for floods on Earth can never cover the heavens. If a change is to be made in the heavens, it must be by divine acts of power other than by floods. At Noahs time no changes were made even in the Earth, much less in the heavens. All that happened was that some men and animals on Earth were drowned. Earth, vegetation, etc., remained the same after the flood as before it.

GOD CREATED THE EARTH AND THE HEAVEN IN GEN.1:1, THEN GOD DESTROYED THE EARTH AS SHOWN IN GENESIS 1:2..

Jeremiah 4:23-28, “I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.”

This was not Noah's flood as many teach. There were men, animals, birds, sun, moon stars which all remained during Noah's flood.

Could the Bible be any clearer that God in His anger made the earth without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep? The cities were inhabited by angels. Man had not been created yet. Argue as one may, these Scriptures plainly evidence why the earth was without form and void in Genesis 1:1.

In fact, Jeremiah 4:23 even repeats the exact phrase word-for-word. These Scriptures cannot be ignored if one is to be an honest Bible student.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

I generally agree with salty about Genesis 1:1.  He also describes an earth of indefinite time period, a dark watery world without land. Then creation week started with light on the surface. Note the perspective ... written from God's perspective on the surface of this dark watery planet. That is the setting of Genesis 1:1 which precedes the light and the first day. So this earth was certainly around before creation week if one is a bible literalist like myself.  

Where I disagree with salty is the last sentence of his opening post.  He refers to this earlier creation, citing a gap in the fossil record between earlier fossils and later fossils. (the so-called Gap Theory of two creations).  I disagree there firstly because his scriptural backing is not clear enough to describe some earlier creation of life before creation week. Secondly the nature of the fossils in the Cambrian Explosion of life were highly similar to today's creatures. There is nothing that dissimilar about the earliest vertebrates to see them as a separate creation. Science generally agrees that all major MODERN CURRENT phyla (caps merely for emphasis ;)  )  appeared suddenly in the Cambrian Explosion. this event very much supports creation, and condemns evolution to an inexplicable fantasy of a theory. 

Since then there has been a consistent change in environments over time, but always some continuity in the fossil record. The only "gap" that exists in the fossil record is when fountains of lava burst forth in Siberia, and melted the ice caps at the end-Permian extinction. This caused major flooding and sedimentation, and then a sudden reversal of the flooding.  After this disaster the world was a lot dryer and many many species died off. Its not really a "gap" in the fossil record, more a huge disaster, with the new dominant surviving species and the extinctions caused by the new harsh environment after the End Permian extinction. 

So I don't see this gap in the fossil record referred to by Salty. 

I agree with you regarding the Cambrian Explosion condemning the theory of evolution, in all of its permutations.  I would clarify my position on "The Gap Theory" that the fossil record is consistent before and after "the gap in time" because God's creation is always good.  He would have no reason to change the laws of physics, chemistry, biology, etc., because it was always good.  Something not subject to the "laws" of this universe brought Earth to position of being unacceptable to the Godhead.  I believe that to be the reason for the flooding you speak of.

We see in Genesis 1:2 the state of the already created Earth from the vantage point of one on Earth at that time.  The light of the already created solar sun and Earth's moon is hidden by this new harsh environment.  Genesis 1:3 picks up at this time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, hmbld said:

The obvious gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3 is not important for our salvation.  But it is important as a stumbling block for some.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

There's clearly some evidences in the fossil record doubters here have not really considered...

"The Cretaceous–Paleogene (K–Pg) extinction event,[a] also known as the Cretaceous–Tertiary (K–T) extinction, was a mass extinction of some three-quarters of the plant and animal species on Earth that occurred over a geologically short period of time[2][3][4] approximately 66 million years ago.[3] With the exception of some ectothermic species like the leatherback sea turtle and crocodiles, no tetrapods weighing more than 55 pounds (25 kilos) survived.[5] It marked the end of the Cretaceous period and with it, the entire Mesozoic Era, opening the Cenozoic Era that continues today.

In the geologic record, the K–Pg event is marked by a thin layer of sediment called the K–Pg boundary, which can be found throughout the world in marine and terrestrial rocks. The boundary clay shows high levels of the metal iridium, which is rare in the Earth's crust but abundant in asteroids.[6]

As originally proposed in 1980 by a team of scientists led by Luis Alvarez, it is now generally thought that the K–Pg extinction was triggered by a massive comet or asteroid impact 66 million years ago[3] and its catastrophic effects on the global environment, including a lingering impact winter that made it impossible for plants and plankton to carry out photosynthesis.[7][8] The impact hypothesis, also known as the Alvarez hypothesis, was bolstered by the discovery of the 180-kilometre-wide (112 mi) Chicxulub crater in the Gulf of Mexico in the early 1990s,[9] which provided conclusive evidence that the K–Pg boundary clay represented debris from an asteroid impact.[10] The fact that the extinctions occurred at the same time as the impact provides strong situational evidence that the K–Pg extinction was caused by the asteroid.[10] It was possibly accelerated by the creation of the Deccan Traps. However, some scientists maintain the extinction was caused or exacerbated by other factors, such as volcanic eruptions,[11] climate change, or sea level change, separately or together." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Paleogene_extinction_event

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

The Scripture evidences that Hazard pointed to signify a choice each Bible student must make, i.e., either they are going to admit God's Word as Truth, or not. This matter would not even be a Biblical topic if it weren't for those kind of Scripture evidences of two separate floods, and a destruction upon this earth of old according to the Jeremiah 4:23-28 level, which does not point to the flood of Noah's days.

Even in the Book of Ezekiel, like Ezekiel 28 where God gives us a parable about Satan when he was originally 'perfect in his ways', following God, even at His Altar, and then rebelling, that was just a prelude to a weightier parable given later about Satan in that time of old per the Ezekiel 31 chapter. But as usual, the doubters choose to not understand the first parable example in Ezek.28 about Satan, so of course they never receive an understanding in the next one of Ezek.31 at all.

I see this all the time, brethren studying God's Word in patches, missing much of it with a selective reading. I mostly blame the mindset of pastors in the mainstream Churches today for that, because when the Bible student discovers topics in Scripture that may appear controversial, and then asks their pastor about it, they don't know the seminaries teach pastors to get those questioners off those kind of Bible topics as fast as possible, and back onto the milk of God's Word. It leaves the serious Bible students with a bad impression about pastors.