Louvain

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

This idea of baptism as the circumcision of Christ and therefore open to infants is found at least implied in other biblical texts as well. You’ll recall that on Pentecost, Peter preached to thousands of Jews, who already had an understanding of their faith involving a family covenant, and said, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins… For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord calls to him" (Acts 2:38-39, emphasis added).

If Peter believed baptism was exclusive to adults, he was a terrible teacher!

Hoddie

Hello Hoddie,,,,,,May I ask where the the sprinkling of water on the Day of Pentecost was?   The Word of God says they were Baptized ....

King James Bible
Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
                                                                                                                    Acts 2:41

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Say's who?

the way it is used in the sentence is self explanatory-- same way when Jesus asked the two disciples if they could be baptized with the same baptism as he was-- water baptism would make no sense there because it was an easy thing-- Jesus was asking if they could go through the same trials and tribulations as he was going through

Edited by woundeddog

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

6 hours ago, Louvain said:

I was Baptised as a baby but growing up and things going on in my life i became lost to God. Christ showed me my way home to him and now i feel like i want to be baptised in his love again. What do you think of this idea?

Go for it.

My baptismal testimony can be found here:

https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/the-sacraments/baptism/infants-or-believers/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

And you can show where there is not? book, chapter and verse

Dear One-- you keep insisting that if there is no negative example in the Bible it must mean it is so-- this is so very flawed--- The Bible nowhere says dinosaurs are pink with green poka-dots, so that must mean they are Pink with green poka dots-- think about that kind or reasoning- it can only be used to make a point that does not exist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hello Hoddie,,,,,,May I ask where the the sprinkling of water on the Day of Pentecost was?   The Word of God says they were Baptized ....

There is not a problem with sprinkling.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

And by what authorty did you come to this? Is this your personal interpretation of this passage? If so, do you consider it fallible or infallible?

It is based upon the grammar of the passage, a clear plain reading of it.  Anything else is adding to the passage. 

Well lets see... if you adhere to the 'Bible Alone" way of beleiving, I would challenge you to find one example of a baby "NOT" being baptized in the New Testament.

The bible is not about what is not in it, but about what is in it.   Jesus and the apostles gave a very clear order of things, baptism 100% of the time comes after repentance.  

Do you know what you call baptism without repentance?  

A shower/bath. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

And by what authorty did you come to this? Is this your personal interpretation of this passage? If so, do you consider it fallible or infallible?

And you can show where there is not? book, chapter and verse

Well lets see... if you adhere to the 'Bible Alone" way of beleiving, I would challenge you to find one example of a baby "NOT" being baptized in the New Testament.

Peace

Would you please show me Scripture from the Holy Bible saying that infants have to be baptized.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If you are going to equate water baptism with circumcision then I assume only the males get baptized?

This idea is common among those who accept Reformed Theology.  But there is no basis in Scripture. Once we clearly understand what the Bible says about salvation, and how sinners are saved, the relation of water baptism to salvation becomes vert clear. Baptism follows salvation and becomes a public testimony to that person's faith.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:
kidz-logo.gifmp3speaker.gifinfant baptism, paedobaptism

Question: "What does the Bible say about infant baptism / paedobaptism?"

Baptism does not save a person. It does not matter if you were baptized by immersion, pouring, or sprinkling - if you have not first trusted in Christ for salvation, baptism (no matter the method) is meaningless and useless. Water baptism by immersion is a step of obedience to be done after salvation as a public profession of faith in Christ and identification with Him. Infant baptism does not fit the Biblical definition of baptism or the Biblical method of baptism. If Christian parents wish to dedicate their child to Christ, then a baby dedication service is entirely appropriate. However, even if infants are dedicated to the Lord, when they grow up they will still have to make a personal decision to believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

https://gotquestions.org/infant-baptism.html

Really mismuffet, using gotqestions.com as your source? They are so anti-Catholic it would be like asking the president of Iran to give his views on the State of Israel.

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

There is not a problem with sprinkling.

Except that it is not the biblical way of doing it.