Louvain

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I was Baptised as a baby but growing up and things going on in my life i became lost to God. Christ showed me my way home to him and now i feel like i want to be baptised in his love again. What do you think of this idea?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, Louvain said:

I was Baptised as a baby but growing up and things going on in my life i became lost to God. Christ showed me my way home to him and now i feel like i want to be baptised in his love again. What do you think of this idea?

Without a doubt you should be baptized if you are now a born again believer in Christ.  Being baptized as a baby has no biblical basis and does not follow the plan put forth by Jesus himself to be baptized AFTER becoming a believer. 

Guest Teditis

I think that getting re-baptized is a good idea. As an adult you're more aware of

what you're doing it what it all means... it's an act of obedience out of a loving heart.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, Louvain said:

Great~!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Being baptized as a baby has no biblical basis and does not follow the plan put forth by Jesus himself to be baptized AFTER becoming a believer.

Where in the bible does it say infants are not to be Baptized? Book, Chapter and verse please.

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Where in the bible does it say infants are not to be Baptized? Book, Chapter and verse please.

Peace

You will notice I said it had "has no biblical basis and does not follow the plan put forth by Jesus himself to be baptized AFTER becoming a believer".  In other words there is no example in the NT of a baby being baptized.  Also, the plan put forth by Jesus was salvation then baptism, not the other way around. 

Beneficially speaking all baptizing a baby does it get it wet, there is ZERO spiritual significance to it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

3 hours ago, Louvain said:

Eph. 4:1-6: 1.  I, then, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a manner worthy of the call you have received,2.with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, 3. striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace: 4. one body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call;  5. one Lord, one faith, "ONE BAPTISM"; 6. one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Peace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

44 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

it also does not say you should not stand in front of a speeding bus-- some truths are self explanatory

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

3 hours ago, Louvain said:

Believing in Jesus and then you get baptized.

Not baptism first then believing in Jesus.

So yes, you believe you should then do it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

42 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The greek word bapitso- actually has three meaning- yes one is to ceremonially wash- but it also means to submerge ( not necessarily  in water, but if it did ,sprinkling with water would not be biblical because it would require submersion) and the third is to overwhelm-- this verse means one common "overwhelming" of commitment to salvation by faith in Christ, not a water washing