• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

12 hours ago, other one said:

We've been on an extended travel and packing prescriptions can be a serious thing.

I have had blood pressure problems since I retired (weird that I got away from a lot of stress and my blood pressure goes ballistic.

anyway for years I have been taking Lasartan and everything was ok.     I had to switch some things 4 years ago and upped my dosage to 100 mg instead of 50.     well when we left the house a month ago I decided to just take two of the 50 mg's instead of one 100.     Sounded pretty good except I didn't take into consideration that the 50's were 4 years old......   and they did not control my pressure.    Two weeks ago it went up to 175/90 and I had to start taking two in the morning and one at night to hold things down......

This week I went to CVS and bought seven 100mg's to last me till we get home at $3.00 each because my insurance won't let me reorder until sometime in December cause my mail order shipped early.

Anyway today my pressure was in the low 90's and I feel like crap.   Have to drive home tomorrow so if you have time you might mention me in your prayers.       It will take a day or two for the pressure to settle down to normal.

it's been 110/74 average for many months....   today it was 91/47 for a while.......   literally no energy...   but I do feel good.   It's hard to believe a little white pill can affect things so much.

Point of the post here is to warn people about taking and trusting 5 year old drugs....   just don't do it.

I"m a little confused.  Are you talking about drugs that have been on the market for 5 years or ones that outdated five years ago.? If it is outdated you are speaking of it is a very big deal to me at least.  Maybe a month, but five years... I don't think so.

Blood pressure is a very serious thing.  My husband had high blood pressure and he took a medication that worked very well with him, wish I could remember the name. 

Please take care of yourself we love you and want very much for you to healthy.  Praying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m a little confused.  Are you talking about drugs that have been on the market for 5 years or ones that outdated five years ago.? If it is outdated you are speaking of it is a very big deal to me at least.  Maybe a month, but five years... I don't think so.

Blood pressure is a very serious thing.  My husband had high blood pressure and he took a medication that worked very well with him, wish I could remember the name. 

Please take care of yourself we love you and want very much for you to healthy.  Praying.

Drugs that are expired. If you pick up a bottle of your medication and the expiration date says 10/30/2011.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Just now, missmuffet said:

Drugs that are expired. If you pick up a bottle of your medication and the expiration date says 10/30/2011.

Expired drugs are bad.  Some people say it just means they loose they potency, but it could mean something far more dangerous.

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

Expired drugs are bad.  Some people say it just means they loose they potency, but it could mean something far more dangerous.

It usually means that they just lose their potency. So if you take a blood pressure medication that is 5 years old it is not going to work.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, BacKaran said:

Miss muffet

Good warning! I took gingko Bilbao and it messed with my medicines. I've done my research on herbal items, teas and essential oils and researched my drugs to confirm I will not have an issue.

Expired prescription drugs I actually have kept and used with no side effects. I know cost is a factor but you can ask your doctor for a written prescription and take it to your local pharmacy and have it as a back up.

I ran out of my blood pressure meds when visiting my mom in law and the store wanted $120 for ten pills, I just cut my vacation short. 

I know you can keep expired aspirin for years and it still works. IMO, the expiration dates were added to revolve inventory in and out faster which equals more sales as people will toss it based on the date and buy more.

Everyone should make their own decision and know what effects thier bodies and health.

Blessings, karan?

Expiration dates on meds are mandatory by the fda and based on the time at which a medication degrades so that it is no longer a certain percentage effective. I think it is 85%, but my memory on that could be wrong. One class of medications becomes poisonous when its expired (tetracyclines). Using old medicine is dangerous. The exception is tylenol. It is the cockroach of medicine. It will be around long after the bomb blasts. 

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

Expiration dates on meds are mandatory by the fda and based on the time at which a medication degrades so that it is no longer a certain percentage effective. I think it is 85%, but my memory on that could be wrong. One class of medications becomes poisonous when its expired (tetracyclines). Using old medicine is dangerous. The exception is tylenol. It is the cockroach of medicine. It will be around long after the bomb blasts. 

Yes, If I remember right Tetracycline can trash your kidneys if expired. I still would not use expired Tylenol. I would not use expired anything.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It's strange how different people are....guess that's how God made us.  My BP averages 105/70 pretty much all the time (they tool it three times a day in the hospital); if it was 120/80 I would freak out.  But that wouldn't be normal for you, O.O., and I agree with you; don't take old expired meds.  They have a 'discard date' for a reason.  Praying for you, brother.  May He see you home safely.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

:o

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Days Won:  2

Praying for your safe return home, OO.

45 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

It's strange how different people are....guess that's how God made us.  My BP averages 105/70 pretty much all the time (they tool it three times a day in the hospital); if it was 120/80 I would freak out.  But that wouldn't be normal for you, O.O., and I agree with you; don't take old expired meds.  They have a 'discard date' for a reason.  Praying for you, brother.  May He see you home safely.

Everyone runs their own variation of blood pressure just like everyone has their own temperature range. My blood pressure usually is 120/80. When I was in the ER with the licorice poisoning it was 170/90. Believe me I thought my head was going to blow off. I also had a lethal heart rhythm. I could have ended up in ICU. No more licorice for me. Licorice is herbal. But I will always love it.