• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

51 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

This is no surprise, people tend to flock together with people who think like them.  If we took a survey of the women on this forum I am sure pretty much all voted for Trump.  This does not make it a fact that all women voted for Trump, or even a majority of them did.

But more women voted for Trump than what was projected and portrayed by the media et al.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, nebula said:

But more women voted for Trump than what was projected and portrayed by the media et al.

And what percent of women voted for Trump?

• Group:  Royal Member

7 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

16 minutes ago, nebula said:

And what percent of women voted for Trump?

What the reports say:

Clinton Couldn’t Win Over White Women

White Women Helped Elect Donald Trump

24 minutes ago, nebula said:

Preliminary exit poll results show that while she won women by 12 points overall (Trump won men by the same margin, a historic gender gap)

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I have some college education, though im now working a job that requires no college education, my wife has her degree and still voted Trump.....Trump may have won by non college educated people....but has it occured to the liberals out there, that a very large proportion of the population works blue collar jobs, and the lack of a college education doesnt make them stupid. in fact, I would say it makes them that much less likely to be brainwashed.

I 100% agree that a college education does not make one stupid, there is no correlation between a degree and intelligence.   I also 100% disagree lacking a degree makes on less likely to be brainwashed.   In my opinion the greatest benefit of an education is the doors that it opens and the wider variety of experiences and knowledge gained from those experiences. 

Without a degree my career stops about 5 levels lower than it was, without an advanced degree it stops about 3 levels lower.  Being able to make it up the ladder allowed me the opportunity to travel both for business and travel and to see much of the world, and our country, that I would have never been able to see without the education.   The higher level of career advancement also changes how one see's things, each step up brings a bigger picture that you are now responsible for ,you have to be able to have more vision of where an action will impact the company not just today but a year from now.   The expectations of continuous improvement through keeping up with the latest trade publication, training opportunities, continuing education and more.    These are all doors that, generally speaking, are not open to those lacking a formal education.  

This does not make them less smart, but it does limit their ability to gain experiences and  knowledge. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it's been my experience with the thousands and thousands of people I've worked around that the more degrees a person gets the lower their common sense goes.

5 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:mgdetective:

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Happy Birthday by the way! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, other one said:

it's been my experience with the thousands and thousands of people I've worked around that the more degrees a person gets the lower their common sense goes.

Pretty much agree. I know some smart people with degrees...but with that said I make more money right now without a degree then many people with one have.

8 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Preliminary exit poll results show that while she won women by 12 points overall (Trump won men by the same margin, a historic gender gap)

My point is not refuted. Clinton received less votes from women than expected, and Trump received more votes from women than expected. I never said anything about majorities.

Going back to the OP a bit, I heard an interesting analogy.

College is great for building models about reality, but they don't do as well with applying the reality to life, and when life throws monkey wrenches in the works, the educated would rather explain why the monkey wrench is the problem rather than that the model is ineffective.

Apparently there was a movie with Rodney Dangerfield where he started and ran a business, and then went to college to get a business degree that was needed for some reason. There was a scene where the teacher told the class how much money was needed to start a business, and Rodney's character contested the claim, that triple that was needed - because the figure given didn't calculate this need and that need and this fee and whatever. So the professor who studied business all his life argued back with the man who actually worked a business on what needs to be done and how and why. Which do you believe was in greater touch with reality?