• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1996

Hi everyone, 

I am quite new here so I hope this post isn't inappropriate! 

I am just intrigued as to what your thoughts are on physical touch (holding hands, hugs, kissing) before marriage? I am young and am interested in your opinions/thoughts on abstaining. Do you think it is important for a young person to refrain from doing this? 

I hope this doesn't offend anybody. 

God bless 

Georgia 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, georgiamay said:

Hi everyone, 

I am just intrigued as to what your thoughts are on physical touch (holding hands, hugs, kissing) before marriage? I am young and am interested in your opinions/thoughts on abstaining. Do you think it is important for a young person to refrain from doing this? 

God bless 

Georgia 

My two cents are that the physical aspects of marriage are vital to a healthy marriage, and if you have no contact (i.e. holding hands, hugging and even kissing) prior to marriage you may find out after the fact that you are not compatible in some areas.  I know couples in which one loves to hold hands and just be close and the other does not and it causes problems for them.

You need to be careful what you do and even more importantly where you do it. If you are alone a simple hug or kiss could lead to much more than you were expecting, so I would always keep that in mind.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Georgia

Good question & it is definitely not inappropriate,it is important -especially for anyone who truly wants to walk in Truth & in Spirit & it is pretty simple really

Our physical bodies are made of flesh,what many do not realize that the heart & mind are of flesh also......the desire for physical touch ,in any way is truly carnal........I'm sure many will argue that or anything else to defend their own opinions,wants or desires but the Truth of it is that we are spirits housed in a physical body(vessel)   Walking in Spirit & in Truth gives us the Heart & Mind of Jesus Who abides in us,when God is First & Foremost in our lives...TOP PRIORITY,you will find that physical desires become the last thing on your mind when this is truly your hearts desire......

My husband & I began our relationship in a very spiritual way,God is Number One to both of us & He has lead us,guided us and brought us together in Christ,holding hands,kissing,hugging & all that type of thing simply never entered either of our thoughts until we became ONE Flesh as husband & wife.....and of course,everything is a bonus because it was all Gods Will & Plan for both of us.....believe me,just stand on the Word of God,anyone with like mind & judgement that God has for you,you will be in One Accord with!!!!

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think some level of physical contact is not only appropriate, but needed. Holding hands, hugging etc. I personally think they should hold back on kissing/making out, except maybe love pecks on the cheek. Don't get me wrong I do not believe kissing (or making out) is a sin, however, it can increase the chance of it going farther in the heat of the moment and it can lead to sin. 

However I think couples should show some physical touch like hugging, cuddling etc. It's important to show you love them and humans in general crave human touch.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

2 hours ago, georgiamay said:

Hi everyone, 

God bless 

Georgia 

You've got to ask yourself what you are dating for. Someone to feel good up against or someone to grow old together with.  You get too intimately involved in someone you start loosing your perspective and that is never good. You need to see this as a scavenger hunt for the qualities and traits in the person your with, because this is the person ho is going to be with the kids you both have, when you are not around. He is also the one whom in the worst case scenario you will be fighting over custody of these kids.

You have to keep your mind alert for potential problems and not  rationalize or justify character issues, because that little flash of anger and impatience, today  could very well bloom up to you being found in a pool of your own blood, 3 years from now. The strange and the quirky are not cute. They are strange and quirky

I'm not trying to scare you, just pull you out of any premature adulation. Lord knows, I'm a incurable romantic and have ended up several times, wanting Scotty to beam me out of a situation before the girl I though so much for would does a Ted Bundy on me.

Take a look at this book. You can browse through it in this link and see if it laws things out in perspective for you.

http://browseinside.harpercollins.ca/index.aspx?isbn13=9780060976491

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

You've got to ask yourself what you are dating for. Someone to feel good up against or someone to grow old together with.  You get too intimately involved in someone you start loosing your perspective and that is never good. You need to see this as a scavenger hunt for the qualities and traits in the person your with, because this is the person ho is going to be with the kids you both have, when you are not around. He is also the one whom in the worst case scenario you will be fighting over custody of these kids.

You have to keep your mind alert for potential problems and not  rationalize or justify character issues, because that little flash of anger and impatience could very well bloom up to you being found in a pool of your own blood, someday.

I'm not trying to scare you, just pull you out of any premature adulation. Lord knows, I'm a incurable romantic and have ended up several times, wanting Scotty to beam me out of a situation I flew into on the wings of delusion.

Hopefully they are one in the same.  Why would we want to grow old with someone I did not feel good up against?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, georgiamay said:

Hi everyone, 

God bless 

Georgia 

It all depends on what kind of kissing. Sometimes it can lead to temptation and intimacy which you want to stay away from. Holding hands is ok and so is brief hugs. It is important to not get in situations that are tempting such as being alone try to stay in a public place.

Welcome to Worthy :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Hopefully they are one in the same.  Why would we want to grow old with someone I did not feel good up against?

You miss the point of that. Some people look for Mr. right and settle for mr. right now because of the expedience.  Bird in the hand type of thing.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

4 hours ago, georgiamay said:

Hi everyone, 

God bless 

Georgia 

I read a book a couple of years ago that I thought was pretty good on the topic you have brought up by Joshua Harris.  It was called I kissed dating goodbye. I think you would enjoy the biblical suggestions . 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/06/1996

Thank you all for your thoughts/opinions/experiences. I love learning from other people by listening to their thoughts and what they have been through! I feel like I have a pretty good understand of this topic now.

Thank you and god bless you!!