• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, markdohle said:

I don't like the far right nor the far left, both are anti-christian I believe.  in any case one thing that needs to be understood is that in the near future, what we consider American culture will still be here, but perhaps a larger minority.  This also goes for the acceptance of other religions.  In Atlanta we have Hindu Temples and Mosques and with freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion we will have to adapt to that as well.  History moves forward, can't go back, nor should we.  If we want to share our faith and have others listen to us, then we mush allow them to share their faith with us as well.  If we are open to them, they may be more open to here the good news of Jesus Christ. 

In any case, I do not consider other religions demonic but filled with many who seek God and when talking with them I can see that.  Open hearten people, who love others and treat those around them with love and concern.......as Jesus said "those who are not against us are for us". 

Peace
Mark

I know of those in the LGBT lifestyle that call themselves Christians.  They claim to love Jesus, so, I have to ask myself if they are for or against us?  We can never judge the hearts of others, but when they follow false doctrine, how can we just go along with it.  These ignore any scripture against homosexual activities and focus on "love".  To me, they do not know the true Christ Jesus.

3 hours ago, markdohle said:

I don't like the far right nor the far left, both are anti-christian I believe.  in any case one thing that needs to be understood is that in the near future, what we consider American culture will still be here, but perhaps a larger minority.  This also goes for the acceptance of other religions.  In Atlanta we have Hindu Temples and Mosques and with freedom of religion as well as freedom from religion we will have to adapt to that as well.  History moves forward, can't go back, nor should we.  If we want to share our faith and have others listen to us, then we mush allow them to share their faith with us as well.  If we are open to them, they may be more open to here the good news of Jesus Christ. 

In any case, I do not consider other religions demonic but filled with many who seek God and when talking with them I can see that.  Open hearten people, who love others and treat those around them with love and concern.......as Jesus said "those who are not against us are for us". 

Peace
Mark

I know of those in the LGBT lifestyle that call themselves Christians.  They claim to love Jesus, so, I have to ask myself if they are for or against us?  We can never judge the hearts of others, but when they follow false doctrine, how can we just go along with it.  These ignore any scripture against homosexual activities and focus on "love".  To me, they do not know the true Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Yet how we treat them is important I believe.  Sexual failure and sin is not the only sin, there are worse I believe.  I have no idea what it is like to be part of that group, but for many it must be horrible, lonely isolating.  If we plant seeds of truth that are said with love and respect they will grow I believe into good fruit.  If we are hateful or contemptuous towards them the seeds will bring forth the fruit of anger, bitterness and hatred for the name of Jesus and perhaps for all Christians in general.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, markdohle said:

LOL wise and with humor....politicians lie, will say all kinds of things to get in.  People said the Trump was an outsider, never believed that at all.  Yet there is still hope and he is better than Hilary, how much, well I will get some popcorn and join you....want a coke?

Peace

Mark :cool:

Sure coke-smiley.gif

7 minutes ago, markdohle said:

Yet how we treat them is important I believe.  Sexual failure and sin is not the only sin, there are worse I believe.  I have no idea what it is like to be part of that group, but for many it must be horrible, lonely isolating.  If we plant seeds of truth that are said with love and respect they will grow I believe into good fruit.  If we are hateful or contemptuous towards them the seeds will bring forth the fruit of anger, bitterness and hatred for the name of Jesus and perhaps for all Christians in general.

One that I am very close to (family) grew up in the church and now lives such a lifestyle.  I do not believe there is a one method fits all when it comes to any sin.  Loving them, which I do, has not changed their view on how they should live.  Remember, they claim to do this in love.  I know, not the place to discuss this issue.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

But so far I am not impressed with the previews or the trailer.

This is not only naive but unrealistic.  Furthermore, Christians are to be just, and it is also unjust.  We are to give people a reasonable amount of time to prove their intentions, and in the meantime withhold judgment.  

The man has not even taken office, and people are making judgments about Trump.The overall malicious bias against Donald Trump has been so great, that reasonable standards do not apply in his case. The beauty of it is that Trump has the determination and the commitment to carry on regardless, and by God's grace he will succeed to the betterment of America.

What made America great? "In God we trust" is only found on American currency. The commitment to a Constitutional republic, with liberty and justice for all (at least in principle), and the opportunity to advance from the lowest level to the highest. At one time America was regarded as the bastion of freedom, while Europe wallowed in tyranny.

Also America was long regarded as "the New World", where all the old garbage of Europe could be left behind, and the entrepreneurial spirit encouraged. This is not to say that there were no serious issues in the past, but to focus on what made America great. It is the politicians and the lobbyists who betrayed America.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This is not only naive but unrealistic.  Furthermore, Christians are to be just, and it is also unjust.  We are to give people a reasonable amount of time to prove their intentions, and in the meantime withhold judgment.  

The man has not even taken office, and people are making judgments about Trump.The overall malicious bias against Donald Trump has been so great, that reasonable standards do not apply in his case. The beauty of it is that Trump has the determination and the commitment to carry on regardless, and by God's grace he will succeed to the betterment of America.

What made America great? "In God we trust" is only found on American currency. The commitment to a Constitutional republic, with liberty and justice for all (at least in principle), and the opportunity to advance from the lowest level to the highest. At one time America was regarded as the bastion of freedom, while Europe wallowed in tyranny.

Also America was long regarded as "the New World", where all the old garbage of Europe could be left behind, and the entrepreneurial spirit encouraged. This is not to say that there were no serious issues in the past, but to focus on what made America great. It is the politicians and the lobbyists who betrayed America.

Is it God's will that America will ever be great again until after the seven year tribulation and Jesus come back to earth and the 1000 year millennium comes in? We are looking at the end times right now and I am observing some pretty dark times. Just read the news. Look around you.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Is it God's will that America will ever be great again until after the seven year tribulation and Jesus come back to earth and the 1000 year millennium comes in? We are looking at the end times right now and I am observing some pretty dark times. Just read the news. Look around you.

We are still in the Age of Grace, which means that a strong America will also allow a strong Gospel ministry at home and worldwide, through Christians who have the freedom to preach the Gospel and not be persecuted for their beliefs.

This has nothing to do with the Tribulation or the Millennium, since we are in the Church Age, and God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The past eight years have been a time of promoting every form of corruption, while attacking Christians and encouraging Radical Islamists, and generally destroying America. So draining the swamp will mean that the *alligators* can be rendered ineffective. 

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

One that I am very close to (family) grew up in the church and now lives such a lifestyle.  I do not believe there is a one method fits all when it comes to any sin.  Loving them, which I do, has not changed their view on how they should live.  Remember, they claim to do this in love.  I know, not the place to discuss this issue.

If you pray the Lord will answer, just God's timing is not ours, also Jesus said some are called late in life, yet they receive the same reward.  Suffering and pain have a way of bringing us back to the Lord and from those I have spoken to who have this 'issue' in their lives, they do suffer greatly.

Peace
Mark

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Sure coke-smiley.gif

LOL, I so love Coca Cola, nice childhood memories.  We only had coke on very special occasions.

Peace

Mark