Walter and Deborah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Another argument against being a Sabbatarian is that we no longer need one singular person to teach us. We have Holy Bible available in every format, and we can access a plethora of teachers and preachers online and via TV rather than listen to one person alone at the pulpit.

The only aspect of Sabbath that cannot be replicated with greater effectiveness by technology is the gathering part, "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." (Hebrews 10:25). Skype and other methods cannot really replicate being in person with other brothers and sisters in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Another argument against being a Sabbatarian is that we no longer need one singular person to teach us. We have Holy Bible available in every format, and we can access a plethora of teachers and preachers online and via TV rather than listen to one person alone at the pulpit.

The only aspect of Sabbath that cannot be replicated with greater effectiveness by technology is the gathering part, "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." (Hebrews 10:25). Skype and other methods cannot really replicate being in person with other brothers and sisters in Christ.

Well said.

We live in the Sabbath Age of Rest from War with the Almighty.

The remaining rest is spiritual and physical maintenance on whatever schedule we can manage.

I am thinking of those poor mothers working two jobs in addition to trying to raise their children alone.

KEEP YE THE SABBATH OR ELSE!

???

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

No text of scripture says that the 4th commandment is of the form "remember the Sabbath day because you do not have access to the Holy Spirit".

In Isaiah 66:23 we are reminded that for all eternity in the New Earth - "ALL MANKIND" will come before God to worship "from Sabbath to Sabbath"

12 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The only aspect of Sabbath that cannot be replicated with greater effectiveness by technology is the gathering part, 

Not a Bible point - but an interesting idea anyway.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

18 hours ago, JohnD said:

Well said.

We live in the Sabbath Age of Rest from War with the Almighty.

The remaining rest is spiritual and physical maintenance on whatever schedule we can manage.

I am thinking of those poor mothers working two jobs in addition to trying to raise their children alone.

KEEP YE THE SABBATH OR ELSE!

???

Well said. Your line of about rest from waring with God is so good!

Its time for Jacob to stop wrestling with God and to realize he's Israel. 

O Church the Sabbath is for you, not you for Sabbath. Enter God's rest through Christ. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

:)

For all eternity after the cross "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23. This is in the New Earth.

Exegesis demands that we accept the text as Isaiah wrote it - not as we might wish to re-invent it.

1 John 5:2-3 does not say "This is the Love of God that we edit/bend/ignore His commandments" -- rather that we "keep His Commandments".

Ephesians 6:2 points to an unbroken unaltered unit of TEN when it says that the 5th commandment is the "first commandment with a promise"

On 5/20/2017 at 6:15 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen Brother

Mark 7:6-13 flatly condemns all efforts to bend-edit-revise-deny even one of the "Commandments of God" - as I am sure we both agree. But worth pointing out anyway. :)

Edited by BobRyan

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/22/2017 at 10:05 AM, BobRyan said:

No text of scripture says that the 4th commandment is of the form "remember the Sabbath day because you do not have access to the Holy Spirit".

In Isaiah 66:23 we are reminded that for all eternity in the New Earth - "ALL MANKIND" will come before God to worship "from Sabbath to Sabbath"

Not a Bible point - but an interesting idea anyway.

JESUS CHRIST did not come to judge but to save. 

Isaiah sow the new covenant of Christ, that we are the Temple, and we will worship in spirit and in truth, and he said, "from Sabbath to Sabbath". Non stop, anytime during the week. 

It is not only on Sabbath. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Brother Friendnt.

Do you not believe in the ten commandments? or are you in rebellion to them or to just one of them, I'm sorry but you don't get to pick & chose.

Your statement, "It is not only on Sabbath"we should worship is a huge assumption. Show me anywhere where anyone here has said they only worship on the Sabbath& not any other day, or are you saying is't only those that don't worship on the sabbath, those being Sunday worshipers that worship every day, its a very weak argument that I have heard over & over to put down sabbath keepers for lovingly trying to keep the Sabbath, just as they will try to keep all of Gods commandments, all ten, not nine & say they follow the 10 commandments.  How is that logical?

You mention to worship in spirit & truth, well brother the Spirit of truth always leads the children of God into obedience. So how do we surmise those that rebel against Gods moral laws, is it the Spirit of truth that is leading them, NO! it is their spirit proclaiming it is God's spirit.

Gods moral law will stand forever, if not it could be said Satins accusations that Gods laws were unfair have substance & we know that not to be the case, If the law could be changed Jesus didn't have to die.         

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Brother Friendnt.

Do you not believe in the ten commandments? or are you in rebellion to them or to just one of them, I'm sorry but you don't get to pick & chose.

Your statement, "It is not only on Sabbath"we should worship is a huge assumption. Show me anywhere where anyone here has said they only worship on the Sabbath& not any other day, or are you saying is't only those that don't worship on the sabbath, those being Sunday worshipers that worship every day, its a very weak argument that I have heard over & over to put down sabbath keepers for lovingly trying to keep the Sabbath, just as they will try to keep all of Gods commandments, all ten, not nine & say they follow the 10 commandments.  How is that logical?

You mention to worship in spirit & truth, well brother the Spirit of truth always leads the children of God into obedience. So how do we surmise those that rebel against Gods moral laws, is it the Spirit of truth that is leading them, NO! it is their spirit proclaiming it is God's spirit.

Gods moral law will stand forever, if not it could be said Satins accusations that Gods laws were unfair have substance & we know that not to be the case, If the law could be changed Jesus didn't have to die.         

I respect the ten commandments but there is one who has the underlined principal to Love your Lord God with all your heart and not to worship and be afraid of any other Gods. 

And that's what I am doing, my LOYALTY is given to my Lord who has given his life for my life, and this is Jesus Christ.

Can you fine a better one. 

JESUS CHRIST did not say that they are two Lords, only one, with a new banner in his hand, the banner of LOVE, which is the banner of the blood of Jesus Christ. 

He also says, do not do this... And do not do that......but he says he doesn't not, and we also should not punish the offenders the way they were punish in the OT, under the rein of the Lord God of the Jews only. The eye against the eye, this one. The vengeful one. Thanks God he was for the Jews only. 

JESUS went as far to say to love the offenders with a new kind of love. 

Perhaps a love that is for some of his children that are hard core sinners, and I can not really even say that, because there is always repentance and change in people. 

One time they are living in his holy mountain within the Holy City, and then they are not. 

And the other way around. 

But he said one thing, that the Gates of the Holy City is always open for those of his children who are outside of the Holy City, (the sinners, the serious ones), to come in and obtain mercy at the time of need. 

And he said to them , who are within the Holy City , clear the way for them, and don't forbit anyone. 

I did not judge , all Believers of  Jesus Christ can worship in spirit and in truth, whether they are sinners or not.